Hacking Transfer EUR cart FE:A save to USA rom?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't know whether it's available or not.
But for injecting other EUR contents into USA contents, it requires everything decrypted.
SaveDataFiler & Cyber's cheating hardware support outputing decrypted saves. But only SaveDataFiler inputs decrypted saves.
SaveDataFiler is CIA exclusive. It doesn't support GW Card1 saves & Cart saves.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You must have a 4.1-4.5 3DS to attempt that. You must have SaveDataFiler installed on your Emunand and CFW and the USA rom must either be converted to Card2 (if you want to run it from the red cart) or be in CIA format (if you're gonna install it on your emunand/CFW)

1-Export the save data from the donor EUR cartridge:
1.1- Set up the CFW on the 3DS.
1.2- Run the CFW, insert the EUR cart and run SaveDataFiler. Select the CTR card and export the user data to the SD card (Y).

2-Import the save data into the donee USA rom
2.1- Install the USA rom (as CIA) on a CFW or Emunand and run SaveDataFiler.. Got the 3rd tab, select your backed up data and import it to the SD card (R+A).
or
2.2- Convert the USA rom into Card2 and copy it to the red cart's microSD. Enter Gateway mode, select the USA game on the rom selection menu and run SaveDataFiler. Got the 3rd tab, select your backed up data and import it into the game (L+A)
If that doesn't work you may have to create a save file on the donee (EUR) game and export it to the SD card.
Then replace the save file inside the folder with the one from the donor rom (USA) and inject back.

Reactions: Zidapi and netnerd

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there isnt actually really any way to do this atm, if you convert the rom to card2 it wont read a normal .sav save (even if you try to inject it)......so really it would only *potentially* work if you had already been playing it as a rom converted to card2 before you start playing....so your best bet would be waiting and seeing if gateway fixes card1 saves loading in save data filer

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there isnt actually really any way to do this atm, if you convert the rom to card2 it wont read a normal .sav save (even if you try to inject it)......so really it would only *potentially* work if you had already been playing it as a rom converted to card2 before you start playing....so your best bet would be waiting and seeing if gateway fixes card1 saves loading in save data filer

Nah, I imported save data from my Luigi's Mansion cart into both Card2 and CIA conversions perfectly fine.

Neither the game nor SaveDataFiler can tell the difference about card type. Card type doesn't affect the save data at all.

I guarantee my tutorial works or you get your money back.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah, I imported save data from my Luigi's Mansion cart into both Card2 and CIA conversions perfectly fine.

Neither the game nor SaveDataFiler can tell the difference about card type. Card type doesn't affect the save data at all.

I guarantee my tutorial works or you get your money back.
I'd like my $0 back :grog:

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it'll work but you can try to :
- Backup your cartdrige save with the gateway option
-Convert your game into a cia, then install it
- In classic mode use the nintendo save transfert tool to put your cartdrige save into the cia game.
- In gw mode use SaveDataFiler on the cia game.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I dump my EUR cart, convert to card 2? Insert save use cart2sav.exe?
First you have to extract the user data from your cartridge's save file and right now you can only do that using SaveDataFiler installed on the CFW.
But then there's the issue of the game's uniqueID issue... but you can probably just extract a save from the USA game, replace its contents with the EUR one and inject back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.