Trails/Kiseki modding

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by julialy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Nope.

2. zurev12

zurev12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2018
    Algeria
    Buenos Aires
    Hi guys, I've been messing around with the JP PC version of zero and I managed to get the leaked english translation running, while I used NVIDIA control panel to optimize the performance (wouldnt have managed without you). Now, Ive tried installing the EVO voice files, using the method provided by ZhenjianYang, the problem being that the scena needed to "activate" the sound files are in japanese, and Im unable to use the scena english files from the leaked translation, as the voices are not recognized. I imagine this has to do with some proper editing, but could there be a way to get the voice files while using the english script? I imagine not, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks for your time.

3. DeadlyAnGeL91792

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The Usa
    That really sucks...any way to get the HD sprites into PPSSPP then?

4. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    There's a thread on here for some textures, but I'm working on inserting *all* HD textures.
    I'm working on calculating hashes for PPSSPP: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/...07ad4010e3c97e4/Core/TextureReplacer.cpp#L178

I already am able to got the raw palette/clut from .ITP files: https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/1e22b0d4c38ffe1e9cb1f90f1aec7df3
    I'm currently rewriting this code to Cython since unpredictable segmentation faults happen with LuaJIT on macOS 10.13...

DeadlyAnGeL91792 likes this.
  5. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    You have to port the "V" code (part of 55/5C/5D microcodes) from Ao. Sounds quite difficult but probably not impossible. There is a PlaySound (0x23, I think) microcode in Zero which you can probably piggyback to make it work. The basic idea is to compile and execute a 0x23 microcode with its operand when these are encountered.

You could compile in PlaySound microcodes before each line, but then it would only play sounds for the first page of each line. You could split up multi-page lines to be just 1 page per line, but I think it would look strange.

6. OrangeFlavored

OrangeFlavored Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2010
    United States
    Anyone know what tool can be used to extract ._dt files? The EDDecompiler seems to only work with the .bin files wanted to see if anything could be done to fix the notebook for the Japanese PC version. Obviously something must exist since the translator was able to modify them in the first place but don't know if it is publicly available or not.

There's fixed voice scripts at https://my.mixtape.moe/quwjzm.7z though I only tested the very beginning of the game so not sure if it has problems somewhere. Some of the line counts don't match up 100% accurately due to the English needing to add extra lines in places but I'm assuming (hoping) that it will just move on without playing voices in the affected lines rather than crashing or something.

edit: Updated link since other host seems to be down.

Last edited by OrangeFlavored, Feb 8, 2018
    zurev12 likes this.
  7. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    https://github.com/FrantzX/CrossbellTranslationTool

8. OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
    May 22, 2010
    United States
  9. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    https://github.com/zhykzhykzhyk/ed7editor

Last edited by julialy, Feb 8, 2018
  10. OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
    May 22, 2010
    United States
    Thanks, will try it.

Edit: Seems like just some kind of save game editor or something? Also Ao only I think but anyway doesn't seem like the sort of thing I was looking for. Want to be able to decompile and modify the ._dt files from the /text folder so that I can try to fix a bug that exists right now with the translated notebook when trying to import files into the PC version.

Though no guarantees I'd be able to do so even if I had access to the proper tools... I'm not an expert or anything, but just since the problem with the voice scripts was easier than I expected to solve was sort of hoping this might be some simple formatting problem I could easily fix as well if I had the decompiled files in front of me. Anyway good likelihood that the only ones with such tools are the ones that made the patch in the first place that probably won't want to help support a "leaked" product so maybe out of luck, but I guess even if I have to play with the notebook in Japanese it's not the end of the world really. Don't remember actually needing it that much in previous games anyway.

Last edited by OrangeFlavored, Feb 8, 2018
  11. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Bugfix in falcom_compress. It should work now.
    Converts png256 to itp.

For basic usage, you output your target image normally and then quantize it using a quantizer program, then feed it into this tool. I used pngquant as my quantizer.

Attached Files:

12. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    This might help: http://gbatemp.net/threads/ao-no-kiseki-ppsspp-hd-texture-pack.484790/page-3#post-7828908

13. zurev12

zurev12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2018
    Algeria
    Buenos Aires
    Thanks so much! I tried it for a while and it worked, tho I still has to test in later chapters as you said (Im playing sen no kiseki II now lol). Again, thanks for this!

14. leesmapman

leesmapman Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    Netherlands
    What needs to be done?

15. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Script opcodes for 3rd PSP need to be added.

16. superninja2525

superninja2525 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2009
    United States
    You have to mod it a bit for it to work with zero.

17. Miguel27

Miguel27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2016
    United States
    Are the hooks in the OP to add turbo mode to the games only for the Chinese versions?
    I have Zero's Japanese PC version and it gives an error (0x00005 or something, I need to reinstall the game again).
    I used it on Ao's Chinese PC version and it works well.
    EDIT: Actually, not really that important anymore since I'd rather use the translated executable above (and I see many people have issues with the hook).

Also, I saw people mention they wanted a Zero complete save, I have one here.
    This is a Ao save rather than a complete Zero save (so you just need to extract it to the savedata folder in Ao).
    It's 100% (all trophies, bonds, etc), simply start a new Ao game and play until you're inside the building at the start and then just load the save.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Miguel27, Feb 20, 2018
  18. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Additional code to add support for chunked FALCOM2 compression for falcom_compress.py, used in Trails in the Sky PC.

Code:
    def compress_FALCOM2_1(filedata):
        outdata = io.BytesIO()
        indata = io.BytesIO(filedata)
        first = True
        pos = 0
        i = 0
        while pos < len(filedata):
            i += 1
            if first == True:
                first = False
            else:
                outdata.write(b'\x01')
            data, compressed_len = compress_FALCOM2(filedata[pos:], True)
            pos += compressed_len
            outdata.write(struct.pack('<H', len(data) + 2)) #write the size
            outdata.write(data) #write the data
        outdata.write(b'\x00')                                  #Stop flag
        outdata.seek(0)                                         #Output data
        return outdata.read()

It works, but it's not byte-identical, to the original, and produces a file bigger by 573 bytes, sadly... It would be nice to get a 1:1 file compressed then decompressed. I'm using ED6_DT04/C_BACK01._CH as a test file for this test.

It would also be nice to reimplement the compression of the "zero method" (look here: https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/bb0400c3768ea33be395a22df61a0c70#file-fun-moon-L356 ). It would also be nice to reimplement the compression of Sen(2): https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/c026f3ba0234de3dbfde16607c5a4b38#file-unpackpkg-moon-L26

Last edited by julialy, Feb 24, 2018
  19. Sakurika

Sakurika Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    Small Midwest town
    I'm really confused on how to add the Zero No Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki evolution voices to the Chinese PC versions. I tried looking here, but honestly I am having difficulty understanding the instructions. Has anyone gotten it done successfully?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited by Sakurika, Mar 2, 2018
  20. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    It appears that Guren's patch has been delayed, since flame managed to get Guren to delay his patch for editing (but the Geofront team exists already !!). I will be releasing the final MTL-only update to the patch in a few days.

I will also be adding Zero support to CrossbellTranslationTool later.