Trails/Kiseki modding

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by julialy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. bill266

bill266 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    United States
    what I don't get it :( Guren said he will release an unedited version once it reaches 100%

2. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    It's been delayed.

3. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    I will release stuff soon.

Part 1: Translate Google/ATLAS V14 MTL
    Xdelta3 files that you can apply to Ao PSP iso will be released. There will be one based on Translate Google and another based on ATLAS V14. PC version is currently not the focus.

Part 2: HD Texture Pack
    Since PC version is not the focus of the MTL patch, I will also be releasing an 100% HD Texture Pack replacing *all* textures in .itp/.it3/.itc files.
    This pack will be released in two parts: one part is three xdelta3 files for unmodded Ao, Ao with Translate Google, and Ao with ATLAS V14, intended to make hashing more predictable and to reduce the size of the ISO; and the other part contains texture replacement files to be put in your PPSSPP memstick folder.

Miguel27 and sephurchin like this.
  4. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    It appears that there have been some problems with the texture pack (missing textures), so I decided not to release for now.
    falcom_compress v3.1 with stdin/stdout functionality: https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/ba631cbba7025806c5e356daeb3c9507
    POSIX compatible data.lst updater: https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/ab9562114d4f704564ac91908634ec98
    Hash tools: https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/249d17eac10acbd9ccec32a1768e3de9
    UMD Cache tools: https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/4f62d799ec0378cc24536e667279c7b2

5. trailsfan

trailsfan Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    United States
    Guys I dont get it. Why dont we focus on Trails in the sky 3rd? Guren will release a FULL translation for Ao no Kiseki so a real fan wait for it for sure.

6. Miguel27

Miguel27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2016
    United States
    I'm guessing because the 3rd is already on PC and people don't care enough to work on PSP. Just a random guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. trailsfan

trailsfan Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    United States
    Maybe you are right but most of the real console players dont like to play on PC :) Im using my laptop for work and not for playing games :)

8. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    "most of the real console players dont like to play on PC" -> conjecture.

I would like to work on 3rd PSP English, but it isn't happening anytime soon. Opcodes still need to be reverse engineered.

9. supermist

supermist GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Just output to a TV and use a controller. The experience ends up being the same.

10. DeadlyAnGeL91792

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The Usa
    All the real english speaking trailsfans are on PC now ;)

11. hekki

hekki Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2018
    Singapore
    Is there mod or patch to have japanese text for ao no kiseki pc?

12. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
  13. hekki

hekki Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2018
    Singapore
    Thank you!

Last edited by hekki, Mar 20, 2018
  14. shadow12345

shadow12345 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2009
    United States
    How do I make the HD textures work with the English-patched Zero no Kiseki on ppsspp?

I copied the content to the TEXTURES folder (ppsspp\memstick\PSP\TEXTURES) and loaded an existing save. However, no texture was replaced.

15. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    You need to go into developer option and enable texture replacement

16. shadow12345

shadow12345 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2009
    United States
    I already had that enabled :(

17. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Texture pack is on hold for now.
    Re-translation of the scenario for Ao with correct sentence breaking is finished, but the xdelta3 patch is currently not planned to be released.

I'm focusing on Trails in the Sky PC. Wouldn't it be nice if it was easy to translate from English, Japanese, Korean to other languages, like French, Spanish, etc? Contact me via e-mail (uyjulian @t gmail d.t com) or PM via the forum system if you are interested in more information about my solutions.

18. KawaiiOtakuLord

KawaiiOtakuLord Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    This is pretty cool stuff.

19. Bluesilver238

Bluesilver238 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2018
    Gabon
    In case anyone would be interested, I've been working on making 60 Fps patches for ZnK and AnK. So far I've tested them and they seem to work fine, except for little errors which are some animation-timing bugs (only found 1 as of now though) and the fact the "movies" ingame are somehow playing at double speed. But regardless of that, both game can be played without issues. Also added the patch which turn it back to 30 Fps :

Spoiler

Spoiler

Fortunately, the patches also work with the fan-translated versions. For now I'll see if I can find a way to at least resolve the movies's issue, and if I have the time I'll also try to make patches for their Evo counterparts.

Last edited by Bluesilver238, Apr 16, 2018
    supermist likes this.
  20. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    This is nice for the PSP versions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice