Hacking Touch sensitive screen taken out of DSi?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The latest Colors! build was released long before the DSi was released and there were no update since, so excuse me for being a little unenthusiastic. FFS if they release a new build I'll be happy; I love this app.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They have definitely not removed the touchscreen. It's required for most games.

I don't know why it doesn't work, but maybe the app is made in PAlib or something - PAlib has randomly had non working touch sensitivity on some DSes.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Jdbye said:
They have definitely not removed the touchscreen. It's required for most games.

I don't know why it doesn't work, but maybe the app is made in PAlib or something - PAlib has randomly had non working touch sensitivity on some DSes.

Misunderstanding here: Colors! is one of the few apps which can detect pressure levelinduced by the stylus (argh, sorry for my poor english, you see what I mean).
It's an undocumented hardware feature of the DS and DSLite touchscreens which seems to have been removed on DSi.
Nintendo's SDK prevents official games to take advantage of this, as it's quite buggy on certain units (in commercial apps the expercience must be the same for all consumers). All of the official games will detect whether or not the touchscreen is pushed with a "true" or "false" variable, on any DS, and of course on DSi also.
In Colors:, there are many degrees of pressure which can be linked to the opacity of the brush or to its size, just like a Wacom tablet. This is one of the many advantages of homebrewing.
smileipb2.png

@Chrono_Tata: I don't have to "apologize you for being unenthusiastic", I meant no offense to you and you didn't offended me neither. You were just making wrong assumptions (like we all do sometimes).
wink2.gif

tonycheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seem to remember when my gf was playing pokemon platinum, there was a part when she was supposed to blow on the screen to get rid of leaves. that seems like it would be pressure sensitive.... how hard can you possibly push on the screen with just air?
i'm not sure though, since i wasn't actually the one playing.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:

Totally why they removed it

I mean people had problems with their touchscreen... if you had to apply more pressures on some games you would have more complaints
rofl2.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tonycheese said:
i seem to remember when my gf was playing pokemon platinum, there was a part when she was supposed to blow on the screen to get rid of leaves. that seems like it would be pressure sensitive.... how hard can you possibly push on the screen with just air?

you got a talented girlfriend if she can activate the screen by blowing on it

...btw, the blowing is detected by the mic

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonycheese said:

LOL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM