Hacking Totally confused with different topics on running Wads

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all

I've done some searching and I'm coming across quite a few different posts which contradict each other.

I've got some ntsc wads which Id like to play on my pal wii. hope you can help with the few q's i have:

1) will the ntsc wads brick my pal wii?

2) i've softmodded my wii with the gamma loader (which works great) - but do i need to convert the ntsc wads to pal or simply make them region free to work on my pal wii?

3) if i need to make them region free - do i use wadpacker or freethewads?

4) the wads i'm looking to use are injected with snes games (streetfighter ones) - i know bad taste of game but i love it! do the snes ones work?

cheers all

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
you need to free the wads my son!!!

free them, let breathe lol

sozzz lets get serious

dont install a ntsc wad on your pal wii, you'll get a banner-brick..

make sure they r made region free using freetheweds.

and make sure the injected wads have been tested

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers
smile.gif

i'll free them as you say - lol

thanks for the advice and will definitely make sure they've been tested. *pulls out the nfo viewer*

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
20clarky08 said:
dont install a ntsc wad on your pal wii, you'll get a banner-brick..

That is a load of rubbis. Any type of region WAD can be installed on the Wii.

QUOTE(Madagasca @ Jan 22 2009, 08:57 AM) Hey all

I've done some searching and I'm coming across quite a few different posts which contradict each other.

I've got some ntsc wads which Id like to play on my pal wii. hope you can help with the few q's i have:

1) will the ntsc wads brick my pal wii?

2) i've softmodded my wii with the gamma loader (which works great) - but do i need to convert the ntsc wads to pal or simply make them region free to work on my pal wii?

3) if i need to make them region free - do i use wadpacker or freethewads?

4) the wads i'm looking to use are injected with snes games (streetfighter ones) - i know bad taste of game but i love it! do the snes ones work?

cheers all

1 - No. You can install any region wad onto your Wii. By default, if you try and play a region WAD that doesn't match the Wii System menu, (US WAD on a PAL Wii), a message will appear saying the Channel can't be used.

2 & 3 - In order to stop the message about the channel can't be used, you need to region free it. However, in your case, if you try and play a US WAD that has been region free, it may not display the picture or display wrong.

If you are using a SNES/WiiWare/N64, unpack the WAD and change the NTSC TV modes inside the 00000001.app to PAL60. Can't remeber where I downloaded the tool know.
frown.gif

TurboGrafix WADs already have the NTSC and PAL60 setting in, you just need to region free.

NES, you will have to inject the roms into a PAL60 WAD.

The other WADs you can't change to PAL60 unless you change the Wii's TV mode to NTSC (use Any Region Changer) and this will play all the US/JP WADs (but the PAL ones won't work and some PAL Wii games require gamma to boot). If you go with this option, make sure yout TV supports NTSC.

4 - Some SNES WAD injects work perfectly while others with glitches. Just beware of injected WADs as they could lead to a brick Wii if it has been modified incorrectly. Make sure the WAD has been tested before installing. The safer option is to inject it yourself although you might want to wait untill I've created an SNES/Genesis Inject Guide (it is in the works) to find out how.

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey RadioShadow

Thanks for your reply!!!!

Think I'm getting Street Fighter Fever (before it comes out in Feb)!!! Picked up a DC too so I could play the SF games on that!

How sad am I??
rolleyes.gif

I've got a knack for being a little daring so I'll give it all a shot. Look forward to your guide though. Hope it's coming out soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: