Hardware Top screen scratched by bottom screen

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, today I bought some screen protectors to apply to my 3DS but I've realised that my top screen is scratched by the frame of the touch screen... In a white background with 3D on I can see some tiny black pixels, like they are dead... It isn't really noticable with the first sight, but if you'll look closely. Can I do something about it?

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ehm... probably not. Nintendo say physical damage isn't covered by their warranty.
But then... it's a design fault on their part. Hmmm.

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
Ehm... probably not. Nintendo say physical damage isn't covered by their warranty.
But then... it's a design fault on their part. Hmmm.
It's surely a design fault. Really they don't? Well I live in Greece, and they might cover it... Who knows...

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me on my 2nd 3DS, and i kept it in my pcoket sometimes. Returned it then got a new one with a screen protector. (No idea how though, but the 3rd one i got had a tiny little scratch on it too, but i didnt care since it was barely visible)

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
You not putting to much pressure on the 3ds right? How do you carry it?

No scratches on mine and keeping that way...
Nope! Not at all... I'm kepping it on my pockets, but my pockets are huge, and in no way am I putting any pressure. It just happened... I'm over protective with my stuff

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
KingVamp said:

Nope! Not at all... I'm kepping it on my pockets, but my pockets are huge, and in no way am I putting any pressure. It just happened... I'm over protective with my stuff
It might be dust and stuff from your pocket slipping through.

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Gullwing said:
KingVamp said:

It might be dust and stuff from your pocket slipping through.
I hold only the 3DS on my pocket and I cleaned my 3DS with a micro fiber cloth... The thing just doesn't get off

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, give it a try. Email or phone them asking for information. Voice your concern that it's a design fault and not down to you
smile.gif
If you get a replacement, stick screen protectors on it straight away.
That's if you're that bothered by it. If not, just keep it.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I read of this issue before... I noticed it on mine (although it's not instantly visible) with the light on and tilted to the side. I was just looking to see if there was dust and fingerprints on my 3DS top screen and seen the 2 lines after a little bit.
Ever since then, I've been using the material the 3DS came wrapped in [ripped] and place it in-between my 3DS whenever it's closed. So I kinda stopped it before it got any worse.
I have tight pockets and move around a lot so I kinda had to do something ASAP lol
happy.gif

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm kind of lucky here, in a way... my top screen is scratched very slightly (has no impact on gaming). But because my unit is faulty and I have to return it, I should get a replacement
smileipb2.png

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had my 3ds for about 4days now and i dont have any marks on it. But i do see how the design or it would make the frame touch the screen. Which is just dumb

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I get the same effect.
It's just moisture and/or dirt.
You might have put the protector on over the dirt too.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iceissocold said:
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones whose 3DS is perfect. Hinges are fine, no scratches by bottom screen, etc.
biggrin.gif

Same, I did not even know people were having problems anyways.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I get greasy lines on my top screen from the frame of my bottom screen, but they are easily to remove with a microfibre cloth.

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
I get greasy lines on my top screen from the frame of my bottom screen, but they are easily to remove with a microfibre cloth.

I get this. It's super annoying, but doesn't really hurt anything.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I am so glad i didn't buy a 3DS on launch now, so by the time i get one i'll know all the tricks to protect it and hopefully nintendo will have modified them slightly to prevent dead pixels etc.

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
So, today I bought some screen protectors to apply to my 3DS but I've realised that my top screen is scratched by the frame of the touch screen... In a white background with 3D on I can see some tiny black pixels, like they are dead... It isn't really noticable with the first sight, but if you'll look closely. Can I do something about it?

Had the exact same issue ( http://gbatemp.net/t288090-top-screen-scra...m-bottom-screen )

Called Nintendo Tech and they didn't have any info about this issue but did set me up with a free repair. I advise everyone who is having the issue to call so they can document this issue and get you a repair.

the more the people that call in and they get more info, they can setup some kind of program of it.

Hope this helps

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
I am so glad i didn't buy a 3DS on launch now, so by the time i get one i'll know all the tricks to protect it and hopefully nintendo will have modified them slightly to prevent dead pixels etc.
It not like all launch 3DS had issues. Tricks to protect it? Just protected it like you normally would. (Screen protector, case, etc. )
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.