Top Emulators that run on the nintendo DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by xnickx5757, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009
  1. xnickx5757
    OP

Newcomer xnickx5757 Newbie

United States
    What are the top emulators that run on the ds?

P.S. i know theres the big sticky guide but it is kind of out of date. thanks

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The stickied topic is still rather relevant. To be honest there hasn't been much development recently with regards to emulators. You still want to be looking at NES DS, SNEmulDS, jEnesisDS, and Lameboy for the main systems that people emulate.

3. xnickx5757
    OP

Newcomer xnickx5757 Newbie

United States
    thank you

4. takun32

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you forgot neods. an amazingly surprisingly great neo geo system. plays games at full speed. theres only one game i cant get to work 100%(its at full speed) and thats metal slug 5, the volume for the background sound and the song is backwards. meaning that the background sounds are way louder then the music. every other games work perfectly.

5. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    from testing them for quite a long time

nes : nesds
    gb/gbc : lameboy
    genesis : ijenesisds
    gg/sms : apprenticeminusds

all the above works top notch!

neogeo : neods -> minor glitches and unsupported games but surprisingly good!
    snes : snemulds -> much glitches and unsupported games tough its the best one for this machine..

6. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Personally I can't live without SCUMMVM, it works really well on the DS with stylus controls.

I don't like jenesisds, because it runs in native genesis resolution, and doesn't shrink it to DS resolution size. Which means certain percentage of the screen is cut off horizontally. Also it doesn't support 6button pads (or rather, it supports them very poorly), so you cannot play Lost Vikings and such.

SnemulDS can crash your micro SD. I'd stay well away.