Gaming Top 10 3ds games list (every body share their opinion)

Michael Maistro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My top 10:
Pokemon X Y
Monster hunter 4u
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Phoenix Wright Games
Animal Crossing new leaf
Fire Emlem Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Zero Time Dillema
Kirby Delux

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
OoT 3d
FE Fates Conquest
Xenoblade 3d
Ace attoreny games
Zero time Virute's last reward
Bravely default
SMT Devil survivor overclocked
Fantasy Life
Smash bros
Shantae and the pirate's curse

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hard to say

I own about 20 games that i find themselve in the top 20 already :/
More or less all high quality RPG, advenure or nintendo games would compete in this list.

Fire emblem fates, Xenoblades, zelda or mario serie, ace attorney, etc, will probably be listed by most of people

hipsters migh speak about eshop or indi games :3

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds has one of the best libraries so ten is tough but here it goes.

1. Kid icarus uprising is my favorite game give it a chance to learn the controls they are abit clunky at first
2. Rune Factory 4
3. Zelda a link between world, oot, and majoras mask
4. Fire Emblem
5. Bravely Default and Second
6. Tales of Abyss
7. Xenoblade Chronicles
8. Resident evil revelations
9. Mario Golf
10. Mario Kart

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ones that arent said everytime that i own:

re mercenaries 3d
terreria
Tales of abyss
SSF4
Sonic Generations
SMT: DS overclocked
DS games
GBA/SNES + other VC injects

My actual top 10 not in order:

Smash
terraria
Zelda OOT/MM
re merc 3d + rev
Pokemon XY+ORAS
any Monster Hunter
xenoblade
shin megami tensei IV + Overclocked
Fire Emblem Fates + Awakening
Tales of abyss
[lol i added more than 10, sue me]

Last edited by exdeath255,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are mine, in order :)

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. A perfect recreation of a wonderful tribute to one of the greatest games ever made
  2. Donkey Kong Country SNES VC. My favourite game ever on any system. I still play it after 22 years
  3. Super Mario 3D Land. This game is objectively brilliant, and I'd love it even if I wasn't a Mario fanboy
  4. Mario Kart 7. The best portable MK ever in my opinion. Me and my bf love playing this in bed :)
  5. LoZ: A Link Between Worlds. Really great to have an updated Zelda adventure on the go and I really enjoyed playing through this one
  6. Starfox 64 3D. I loved the original, and the 3DS version is even better.
  7. Picross e series. I love Picross games and these are such good value for money. I started playing months ago and am still working my way through e5, then just e6 to go :)
  8. New Super Mario Brothers 2. I know this game gets a lot of flak for being too easy, but it's still fun. Some of the new power ups are great, and the surprise second set of worlds is a wonderful bonus
  9. Nano Assault EX. Nice twin stick shooter with cool 3D graphics
  10. Putty Squad. The game itself isn't great, but it reminds me of the Amiga days and fills me with nostalgia. I like that feeling :)

Reactions: kineticUk

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Without any particular order:

Resident Evil Revelations
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Ridge Racer (well, it's the best - of the few - racing game on the 3DS)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - Curtain Call
Bravely Default/Second
Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates
Kid Icarus Uprising
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
Monster Hunter 3U/4U/Generations

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mine are (no order, just a list)

Shin Megami Tensei 4 (although it takes a lot of grinding to get past some areas)
MH 4U (not listing Generations, as it feels like a nostaglia trip for other MH players, and that's a sucky thing)
Steamworld Dig
Swords and Darkness (reminds me of old school beat them ups, but with more movesets and an RPGish feel)
Kirby Robobot Planet (doesn't feel like a Kirby game, but has a lot of fun stuff to do)
LoZ A Link Between Worlds - feels short, but still feels fresh.
RE: Mercs 3D - one of the first games I've played on the system. Feels like a mini-game at first, but then completely grows on you.
Weapon Shop De Omasse (I'm not a giant fan of music/rthymn games, but the narrative of this kept me coming back - you make weapons for adventurers, and basically listen in on the fights and everything else. Makes me chuckle like an idiot sometimes.)
Rune Factory 4
Fantasy Life - makes me laugh and it's an RPG where you can build your world without having to fight all the time.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhh boy.

Tale of the Abyss: Tales of the Abyss, is a PS2 port to the 3DS. I am currently playing it right now, and it already made it to my top 10. The reason for that is because of its battle system, and the depths of the RPG system, which made me fall in love with the game. I also love the character designs, with my number one being Tear's. I'm still pretty early on in the game, so I can't really say much, but what I can say for sure, is that the main character is a spoiled kid, which leaves MANY, MANY rooms for amazing developments later on, which is what I am expecting.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance: Oh man, I have many, MANY reasons to love this game, but for time's sake, I'm just going to list a few.

- Flow Motion. I love this. You get to jump around walls, go on roof-tops, explore, find treasure chests, and more, which makes this game way, way more appealing and interesting to tour around and discover chests!
- The GRAPHICS! This game, to be honest, is one of the best looking game on the 3DS I've ever seen. The graphics looked superb in 3DS standard, and the framerate didn't drop all that much for me.
- It's encouraging me to play other KH games. Yes, I know, I played KH wrong, but I don't care! This was my first KH game, but I loved it! So, I am going to go out, buy, and play all the mainstory KH games!
- Rewards. The stuff this game offers you are really cool. The chests contains a variety of things such as new moves, items, and money. Most of the new moves you obtain through chests are really GOOD moves, like Balloon.

Okay, that's enough. Next game.

Ace Attorney: Trilogy: Ah, this game is a MUST HAVE for every 3DS owners imo. This package of greatness contains the first 3 games in the Phoenix Wright series: Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney: Justice For All, and Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. This game, is about the court. You start out as an apprentice lawyer, helping, and defend innocent citizens who are accused to be the mastermind of these cruel crimes! Crimes that get you in really, really big trouble, and your job, is to go, and investigate those crimes, find evidence, and use the evidence to defend your client! It may sound boring, but trust me, it gets really, really good. Some of the cases are beautiful. Especially case 5 of the first game, and case 4 of the second game. Oh man, you must, must play this.

Bravely Second: Ah, Bravely Second... I love this game so much. It reminded me so much of Final Fantasy, and I love it! This game, is a sequel to the first game, Bravely Default, which includes new characters and plot! You don't really need to play Bravely Default to understand the plot, because they are completely unrelated, but if you want to understand and know who some of the characters are, then you must play Bravely Default (why wouldn't you? It's a great game). Bravely Second just took Bravely Default, and enhanced it for me. Throughout the game, you will encounter these blue quest marks on your map. Those, are side quests. The side quests offers you more jobs (classes) you cannot get through just playing the story alone. These side quests are really fun to play through, plus you get some of the backstory of the enemies you encountered in the first game. What made the job really fun to me, is having the choice to choose 1 class over the other, which makes it REALLY hard to do so, because either way, you will feel like crap for choosing one but not the other. Why? Because the game makes you feel like crap. Seriously, the game make you choose things like, leave your teammate hungry, stuck underground and sacrifice your food to a dragon and let it practice this extremely powerful move to bust out of the underground, which may or may not happen, or instead, just offer the food to your teammate and wait for help. It's really difficult choosing between the two jobs. Trust me, it may not make sense here, but it will in the game. I also enjoyed the story of the game. You literally have to save the world again from a God, and clash in an epic battle with him. Just go out and get this game.

Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate/Generation: Everything about this game is awesome. The level of depths Capcom put into the class system, weapons, upgrades, etc. is crazy. Especially for a 3DS game. The title of the game is just as it suggested. You hunt monsters. However, it's not that simple. This game requires skills. What I love about this game is that it encourages multiplayer, and multiplayer is what makes it fun. Gather some friends, brainstorm, strategize, and hunt! Each monster are so unique. They have their own movesets, and they aren't dumb. The monsters in this game are DEADLY. Meaning you have to be extremely careful. Bring the correct gears, learn and adapt to the monster's patterns, and profit. Great game. Everyone should own this game.

I have to go now, so my list won't be a top 10, but a top 5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The list is in no particular order btw

Reactions: dwain

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good 3DS games, out of order:

Virtue's Last Reward
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Steam World Dig
Witch & Hero

Extra: DS/DSi games:
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Aura-Aura Climber

Note that more than half have ':' in their names.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, number off the games? Ugh. I must order the games :mellow:

1. Bravely Default. Amazing story, even if it does get repetitive
2. Tales of the Abyss. ITS TALES. 'Nuff said
3. Persona Q. My first Persona game, and definitely won't be my last. The game should have been horrid (Persona/EOU crossover) and yet it was beautiful
4. Etrian Odyssey Untold; The Milenium Girl. My first EO. I love the 'narration' of it, and I really like the story/gameplay
5. Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm probably biased since this was my first FE, but I enjoy this game alot.
6. Fates. I enjoyed it quite a bit (More if there was less censorship T_T) but overall great game
7. Bravely Second. MUCH Weaker than Bravely Default... It kept the very core so it was still good... Even if what happened to Yew's brother was sadly predictable
8. Stella Glow. Has predictability issues like Second (I realized something about Elcrest 10 mins in -_-) but the game reveals the obvious quite soon, and it has a long story. Nice FE-esque battle system too
9. Sm4sh. Great Pick-Up-And-Ply, and everyone knows what it is
10. Scribblenauts Unlimited. Come on, you know just as well as I do it's fun making the most insane things. You want a nuclear kitty? done.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, number off the games? Ugh. I must order the games :mellow:

1. Bravely Default. Amazing story, even if it does get repetitive
2. Tales of the Abyss. ITS TALES. 'Nuff said
3. Persona Q. My first Persona game, and definitely won't be my last. The game should have been horrid (Persona/EOU crossover) and yet it was beautiful
4. Etrian Odyssey Untold; The Milenium Girl. My first EO. I love the 'narration' of it, and I really like the story/gameplay
5. Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm probably biased since this was my first FE, but I enjoy this game alot.
6. Fates. I enjoyed it quite a bit (More if there was less censorship T_T) but overall great game
7. Bravely Second. MUCH Weaker than Bravely Default... It kept the very core so it was still good... Even if what happened to Yew's brother was sadly predictable
8. Stella Glow. Has predictability issues like Second (I realized something about Elcrest 10 mins in -_-) but the game reveals the obvious quite soon, and it has a long story. Nice FE-esque battle system too
9. Sm4sh. Great Pick-Up-And-Ply, and everyone knows what it is
10. Scribblenauts Unlimited. Come on, you know just as well as I do it's fun making the most insane things. You want a nuclear kitty? done.

"ITS TALES. 'Nuff said"

Are the other Tale games really good? I heard from people that Zestiria was a meh button smashing game, so I'm not sure whether to play it or just watch the anime

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"ITS TALES. 'Nuff said"

Are the other Tale games really good? I heard from people that Zestiria was a meh button smashing game, so I'm not sure whether to play it or just watch the anime
Zestria is alright, but one of the weaker entries imho
and it is a bit messier than the other entries, battle wise anyway

Reactions: Pokem

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1: Monster Hunter Generations
2: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
3: SMT: DS Overclock
4: Bravely Default
5: Citizens of Earth
6: Pokemon: SMD
7: Ace Attorney series
8: Stella Glow
9: Pokemon main series/Remakes
10: SMT: IV

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Exclusive)
2. Tales of the Abyss (Port)
3. Fire Emblem Awakening (Exclusive)
4. Rune Factory 4 (Exclusive)
5. Virtue's Last Reward (Multiplat)
6. Ace Attorney Trilogy (Lower than it deserves because I'm not a fan at all of this version, but it's still a darn good game) (Port/Remake)
7. Super Smash Bros. 3DS (Exclusive...?)
8. Fantasy Life (Exclusive...?)
9. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Exclusive)
10. Tomodachi Life (lulz)

Jeez...I was hard pressed to find 10 games I genuinely liked enough to put in a top list. And a good few aren't even unique to the console...

Reactions: Ricken

SapphireDaisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
story of seasons
pokemon oras
fantasy life
luigi's mansion 2
animal crossing new leaf
animal crossing happy home
super smash bros
harvest moon new beginning
rune factory 4
Zelda OOT

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tales of the Abyss. ITS TALES. 'Nuff said

I have a copy of this courtesy of a friend, but I haven't started it yet. Is it really a must play? Last Tales game I played was Hearts R. Also have a copy of Zesteria for the PS4 but only played a few hours before putting it into my backlog.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a copy of this courtesy of a friend, but I haven't started it yet. Is it really a must play? Last Tales game I played was Hearts R. Also have a copy of Zesteria for the PS4 but only played a few hours before putting it into my backlog.
Honestly can't blame you for backlogging Zestria. It's a really weak entry
Abyss 3DS really is a must play imo.
A, it doesn't have horrid loading times like the PS2 version
B. Battles aren't the same (Y'Know, unless you've spent too much time grinding and can kill with one hit)

Plus it's an essential according to https://gbatemp.net/threads/essentials-3ds-retail-games.317711/
so that's also some good reassurance

You won't regret starting Tales, trust me :)

Reactions: himuradrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1