Gaming Too many games, so little time...

airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So yah I got a flash card and filled my 1 gig and now I have so many great games to play but not enough time to play em. And there are still some good games coming out soon. What would you do in such a dilemma?

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's usually the problem when you first get your flashcart.
You wanna fill it with so many games, and then you end up not playing half of em.
You should stick to 5-6 games at a time, imo.

Then you have extra space to do some other stuff, put movies, homebrew, etc.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't get the pirate's disease.
Take out most of the games and stick with a few, otherwise you will get bored of everything very fast.
I thought it wouldn't happen to me, but it did; all I play now are GBA stuff.

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing the ones I want then I play games that coming new and then whats left, and since I work as a security guard, at night shift I'm playing them at night but sadly I completed every game that I wanted and some unwanted that intend et to like them afterwards like ff revent wings or whatever its called

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play what you want keeping in mind that when there are no good games coming out for a long time after you've beaten the ones you wanted to play, you'll have a handful or more games that you can try out while waiting for new games to come out.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Harpuia said:
Take out most of the games and stick with a few, otherwise you will get bored of everything very fast.
I thought it wouldn't happen to me, but it did; all I play now are GBA stuff.
yep for me on the wii i had a few games then when i got a lot more i just became a collector rather than a gamer, lol
even i stay off the popular titles like zelda, smg, metroid, and smash x

another problem i had was that i couldnt enjoy playing the game and kept trying to make a perfect run the first time. what i did was i paced myself, made plenty of mistakes, and absorbed the main story and content. if i missed out on anything ill make use of the game's replay value, lol

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Harpuia said:

What has scurvy got to do with this?
laugh.gif
Joking.

Anyway, I found that after a while you start binning the games you lose a little bit of interest in.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should you do?
1) Get some self control
2) Decide a path

3a) Pick a random game and try it
3b) Pick something you really give a crap about and try and finish it...and then do.

Wash-rinse-repeat.

If you just start loading up a card with a pile of good and crap, everything will end up overlooked. I had the issue a bit with a bung gb/c copier in the day and then with my f2a. I ended up trying out a few, keeping a couple favs on it always, and a lot of the time had a large file on the GBA one with PocketNES and like my NES carts I own so I had em on the go.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Gian said:
That's usually the problem when you first get your flashcart.
You wanna fill it with so many games, and then you end up not playing half of em.
You should stick to 5-6 games at a time, imo.

Then you have extra space to do some other stuff, put movies, homebrew, etc.

Isn't Pirates Blues?

Seriously though, you just have to delete the games you really won't play and focus on the ones you want to.
Also, don't focus all you're time on playing portable games. You don't HAVE to play all of them.
Go and play a few console games and when you're sick of them come back.

It would be best to play games which are heavy in plot so you'll keep coming back.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That's right. Play games with good and pretty long story, it will keep you from turning your head to another game. I suggest Ace Attorney series, Prof Layton, Castlevanias, FFCC:RoF.
These games have great story, with medium difficulty, so you won't get frustrated, full completion is optional, got pretty much savepoints (except FFCC), so you can play them for a while, save, play again and your progress won't lost, even if it did lost it won't be much

Sometimes, story isn't everything, quickplay seems to be the most important part, especially when you're in the urge of playing but have little time for it. So I have some suggestions for quickplays:
Brain Age 2, Worms Open Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, Age of Empires, Need for Speed ProStreet, CakeMania

Sure, Call of Duty 4 and Age of Empires got Campaign mode, but they have quickplay mode (for Empires, Empire Map).

Sorry, for your question I'd try to find something with good story, and play it, or quickplay a game like Worms Open Warfare 2, quickplay is addictive.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Think about this.. there are many great games that you will never discover or play in your lifetime. There also a lot of great stories, people, etc. I'm trapped in a forum. help me.

P

pasc

QUOTE said:
Lost his Glucoboy

wait... you have .... ?

anyway, it's true the pirate disease sucks, I really have just one DS game I'm REALLY looking forward to and the rest ? I'll play them when I'm bored... sad story

QUOTEI'm trapped in a forum. help me.
QFT

Just play the games that you think you will have the most fun with. And never forget the DS can play DS GBA and emulate gbc, gb, nes, snes, sega genesis and much more so you shouldn't get bored for years (theoretically).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Doggy124 said:
cheat to finish the game earlier, some time I do this to get the story of game (mostly the game which you have to gain level).

i do this most of the time as i don't have time to complete them all, for ps3 games and Wii games it gets difficult to complete those but i get there eventually just a very slow gamer so it's hard to keep up with new releases e.t.c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-