Hacking Tons of problems after switch to SX OS

Nocturnalstev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for your help, advice and comments - I havent given up yet and will update more so hopefully it can help someone else out.

Cheers :grog:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had the same problem as this poster. Indeed the connector on the main board (not the SD module itself) was broken. The constant taking in and out of my microsd caused the break. Nintendo didnt secure it very well. Just a very tiny screw and that's it.

This sounds like it may be the problem...I have noticed a few times everything is running fine and then suddenly getting the No Micro SD Card error or a crash mid-game and then looking in Storage options and there is no SD Card listed - how did you go about repairing this?

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The title of this thread makes me remember when i help ppl with computer problems, and suddenly, everything that happens after that has to be related with my intervention... :gun:

Good luck with the fix!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks everyone for your help, advice and comments - I havent given up yet and will update more so hopefully it can help someone else out.

This sounds like it may be the problem...I have noticed a few times everything is running fine and then suddenly getting the No Micro SD Card error or a crash mid-game and then looking in Storage options and there is no SD Card listed - how did you go about repairing this?
If you're lucky you just have to take off the back, remove the SD module and bend the pins back into place, if you're unlucky you have to solder in a new connector, not an easy task if you're not skilled with a hot air station.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didnt. I still have that switch and I just use it for cartridge games. I couldnt find the connector online and the solder points are too small

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry not to help in any way, but got worried bout my reader too... so, best way is avoid remove/insert it too much, right? Who´ve this problem remove it daily/weekly to start this issue?

untold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry not to help in any way, but got worried bout my reader too... so, best way is avoid remove/insert it too much, right? Who´ve this problem remove it daily/weekly to start this issue?

Sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, it depends the games i'm playing, but all of sudden it stopped working flawlessly, at the beginning i had message error when booting with SX OS "boot not found", and one day i got this message while playing '"sd card ejected".
Then in two days after it wasn't working anymore, impossible to install games from nsp, "sd card ejected" message everytime... my sd card reader was definitely dead.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

m4a2t0t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use Sandisk SD cards and have yet to receive a faulty one but this screams bad SD card or damaged SD card slot. I would remove the cover and inspect the soldering on the pins with a microscope.

From what I've seen the SD card readers in switch's are just as low quality as the joy con joysticks. New ones are only around $15 on ebay

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I only use Sandisk SD cards and have yet to receive a faulty one but this screams bad SD card or damaged SD card slot. I would remove the cover and inspect the soldering on the pins with a microscope.

From what I've seen the SD card readers in switch's are just as low quality as the joy con joysticks. New ones are only around $15 on ebay
$15 is quite a lot but I assume they are OEM at that price.
The cheap $2.50 analog sticks are certainly not.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, it depends the games i'm playing, but all of sudden it stopped working flawlessly, at the beginning i had message error when booting with SX OS "boot not found", and one day i got this message while playing '"sd card ejected".
Then in two days after it wasn't working anymore, impossible to install games from nsp, "sd card ejected" message everytime... my sd card reader was definitely dead.
Wow, I´m glad having using Goldleaf/Goldtree for weeks now, never eject my SD Card anymore. Good luck!

Megaleg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Phone/pc usb file transfer is pretty rubbish , I had all sorts of problems with it.
Just FTP using SX OS built-in FTP software.
I've found this to be pretty much flawless copying nsp's or xci's over to the switch.
Stop being so gay

Only downside is that it's quite slow.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Phone/pc usb file transfer is pretty rubbish , I had all sorts of problems with it.
Just FTP using SX OS built-in FTP software.
I've found this to be pretty much flawless copying nsp's or xci's over to the switch.
Stop being so gay

Only downside is that it's quite slow.
Not an option for those on FAT32, which really everyone should be.
Network install with Tinfoil is a better option.

Nocturnalstev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....an update, installed a new SD card reader and still got the same problems :(

Ordered a new lower serial number switch to start all over again :blink:

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So....an update, installed a new SD card reader and still got the same problems :(

Ordered a new lower serial number switch to start all over again :blink:
Don't give up on your older switch then, it's possible to repair if it's the connector. We got a couple of people that are good doing that.

Reactions: Nocturnalstev

Buurmanzz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think it's verry suspicious that like a lot of people are having problems with the micro sd card reader lately. Could this have been cause by software ? Bad nsp install or nintendo pushing crap to break our modded consoles ?

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's verry suspicious that like a lot of people are having problems with the micro sd card reader lately. Could this have been cause by software ? Bad nsp install or nintendo pushing crap to break our modded consoles ?
Good point. Maybe people with same trouble can share more info on their systems.

Reactions: Buurmanzz92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1