To those complaining the Switch is a tablet:

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lukein3D, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Lukein3D
    OP

Lukein3D GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2015
    ITS A CONSOLE WITH A PORTABLE FEATURE

FEATURE

You don't have to use it as a tablet, ahem, portable, just play it as a console like the video shows. The switch is about preference. Not force.

Last edited by Lukein3D, Oct 22, 2016
    Rudelof likes this.

2. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeap. Same way you can use dvd's as shurikens. And comdons as ballons. Have fun.

3. Lukein3D
    OP

Lukein3D GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2015
    true shit

4. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Oh, so it's not a gaming tablet, it's an underpowered home console. That's much better.

5. Lukein3D
    OP

Lukein3D GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2015
    Well if you want to put it that way. The start of the trailer shows it as a home console then being turned into a portable, vice versa.

6. pinguino1234

pinguino1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Mexico
    I dont really care if it is a tablet, while it have awsome games like 3ds/wii u...

7. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    *looks at it again....*
    Looks like a freaking tablet, runs on mobile SoC, has a display like a tablet.

How is it not a tablet? It's a handheld that you can plug into a tv. It's like a PS Vita and PS TV in one...

8. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    It looks like an awesome tablet

9. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Being a tablet is its main strength

10. Lukein3D
    OP

Lukein3D GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2015
    ITS NOT A TABLET GOD DAMN IT, ITS A PORTABLE CONSOLE, TABLETS ARE TOUCH SCREEN IM PRETTY SURE THIS ISNT

11. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    This may have only 3 hours of battery life.

12. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Nintendo's neither confirming nor denying that this has a touch screen. Regardless, there's no reason to think that the Nintendo Switch isn't just a glorified Nvidia Shield hardware-wise.

Boogieboo6 likes this.
  13. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I thought I read somewhere that it's 2x as powerful as the Wii U. Even if it is a tablet, that doesn't make it any less impressive, at least compared to Nintendo's stuff. Comparing it to the Xbox One or PS4 is unfair since those consoles target hardcore gamers.

14. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    We do not know its specs officially though.

dimmidice likes this.
  15. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    um, a shield tablet that plays legit nintendo games sounds like nerdgasm to me

MichiS97 and 6adget like this.
  16. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    But being a underpowered new generation console it's the wiiU job... No, wait... O_O

17. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    It's as much a tablet as a 3ds is a dual-screen tablet. Yes, similar enough to make a semblance of a case, but similar form factor does not equate to the same functionality or appropriate usage.

Logan Pockrus likes this.
  18. 6adget

6adget Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    Sacramento, Ca.
    I own a shield tablet. It's what I'm typing this on. It rocks. So much more powerful than any other tablet I own or have repaired. It's what I do for a living. It plays emulators better than just about anything else I own except for my gaming rig. Emulates everything from the ds and psp back. If Sony or Nintendo made the emulator then it would even be able to play newer games. I know that a lot of people are worried that it won't be that powerful, but I am not worried at all. The shield is only 32 bit and it is very powerful. When nvidia first came out with this tablet they basically said that they were just trying to show off what they could do. Then they rumored that they were going to make another one that would be 64 bit. I was really excited. Then they said that they were no longer going to make the 64 bit version. This was around the same time that we started to hear about the NX. So it's obvious now that NVidia was courting Nintendo and trying to show them what they could do. Nintendo prolly said that there was no need to make the 2nd version of the tablet. I'm not trying to convince anyone else how awesome a 64 bit NVidia / Nintendo tablet game system will be. Personally I cannot wait. Oh, and of course it will have a touch screen. It would make no sense to drop that feature after having it on every hand held since the ds.

osaka35 likes this.
  19. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Tell me more about the ps2 emulator running smoth in your shield.

20. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    He said PSP.