Hacking To Hack Or Not?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am very new to the Switch Hacking scene. I ordered a Jig from Amazon, as well as an USB to C cable. My concern is whether or not I should proceed with hacking. As far as that goes, I would only be doing Save Editing, but only for offline save use. I hardly ever play games online on my Switch. Debating on whether or not to hack comes down to the following:

- What is my ban risk if I only do the Save Editing?
- Don't really want to miss out on new and upcoming games (Mega Man 11, Smash, etc.). This and above are 2 main concerns.
- Worth hacking? I only have 1 Switch, no access to TX SX OS or whatever that is...

Thoughts on all of this GREATLY appreciated :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your ban risk is low if all you're doing is save-editing. However, the risk is yours to take.

- Don't really want to miss out on new and upcoming games (Mega Man 11, Smash, etc.). This and above are 2 main concerns.
You are free to update your Switch normally if you don't care about retaining the ability to downgrade later. Fusée Gelée cannot be patched by a software update. Alternatively, you can update using ChoiDujourNX to avoid burning efuses, which will give you the ability to downgrade anytime you want, but you have to keep AutoRCM installed.

- Worth hacking? I only have 1 Switch, no access to TX SX OS or whatever that is...
If save-editing is all you care about and it's worth it to you, then yes, it's worth hacking. Free custom firmwares like ReiNX can do just about everything SX OS can do, so there is no reason for anybody to purchase SX OS. All you need are a jig of some sort (a properly bent paperclip will work) and a USB-C cable.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your ban risk is low if all you're doing is save-editing. However, the risk is yours to take.

You are free to update your Switch normally if you don't care about retaining the ability to downgrade later. Fusée Gelée cannot be patched by a software update. Alternatively, you can update using ChoiDujourNX to avoid burning efuses, which will give you the ability to downgrade anytime you want, but you have to keep AutoRCM installed.

If save-editing is all you care about and it's worth it to you, then yes, it's worth hacking. Free custom firmwares like ReiNX can do just about everything SX OS can do, so there is no reason for anybody to purchase SX OS. All you need are a jig of some sort (a properly bent paperclip will work) and a USB-C cable.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! Which guides should I follow to start hacking? I saw a 101 Switch Hacking guide on here, was going to follow that one, then follow the guide about backing up NAND/Keys. For the 101 Switch Hacking guide, I read that I need to use a certain program to install Windows Drivers. For that step, do the drivers need to be installed each time, or just once? Further thoughts appreciated :)

Note: Is it true that upcoming 6.0 firmware can detect CFW and hacks?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat, but I'd be using it to play games. most likely, I'll just buy a banned switch at lower cost in order to play games, or rather test them, then buy them for my legit system.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am very new to the Switch Hacking scene. I ordered a Jig from Amazon, as well as an USB to C cable. My concern is whether or not I should proceed with hacking. As far as that goes, I would only be doing Save Editing, but only for offline save use. I hardly ever play games online on my Switch. Debating on whether or not to hack comes down to the following:

Even by using and cfw your risk of ban is high even if its just save editing...
As you need to run homebrew, and that can be detected..
If you run cfw home brew or mods or hack and go online you may face a ban... if you wish to stay unbanned and hack just do not go online period...

But please skeet like i said backup first ...
Should be the first thing you do,
> https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Backup first hacking later... you cant revert to untouched state if u cfw first.

Last edited by Canna,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even by using and cfw your risk of ban is high even if its just save editing...
As you need to run homebrew, and that can be detected..
If you run cfw home brew or mods or hack and go online you may face a ban... if you wish to stay unbanned and hack just do not go online period...

But please skeet like i said backup first ...
Should be the first thing you do,
> https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Backup first hacking later... you cant revert to untouched state if u cfw first.

I am confused...
Lacius said risk is low for what I would be doing. Also, if I keep system offline, won't I miss out on new/upcoming games? I don't want to miss out on Mega Man 11 and Smash...

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am confused...
Lacius said risk is low for what I would be doing. Also, if I keep system offline, won't I miss out on new/upcoming games? I don't want to miss out on Mega Man 11 and Smash...

If you're going to hack you can forget about Smash, at least the online portion of it. And if you're going to hack, you'l most likely get your games via unofficial channels right? So you wont miss out on any new games

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused...
Look you need or want to edit saves right ??

Then that means you need to run home brew, and cfw to run the home brew menu..
This can be detected and could or can produce a error log.. once that stuff is detected your be flagged or banned..
Also nintendo can sniff your console if they choose to do so..
Just cause your not running pirated games or backups doesnt mean you wont get banned, you violate the terms of use for console your be banned..

Honestly from what you are saying skeet, my opinion is if you have spent quite a bit of money on your eshop and its legit and you wish to play those games you payed for, i suggest you dont hack..
But you may do what ever you want to, but once your banned. you wont be getting your purchases back unless you get another console...

so maybe worth buying another now one for legit and eshops one for hacks cfw save editing etc

You just need another tablet/screen you can buy those cheap online, and use your original hardware if you wish

Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: Skittyusedcovet

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I get my games mostly from eshop.

Well not if you're going to hack, you'l be banned for sure. Probably not instantly but if you hack and then go online, you'l at the very least be flagged and will get banned when the next big ban wave hits. Simply by running CFW, which you'l need to run Homebrew to do the save editing you need, you're already breaking Nintendo's TOS

Last edited by Ashura66,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys suggest? I am so confused and torn as what to do. Really don't have a lot of money right now, can't afford a 2nd Switch. What have you guys been doing? Do you all have 2 Switches?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What do you guys suggest? I am so confused and torn as what to do. Really don't have a lot of money right now, can't afford a 2nd Switch. What have you guys been doing? Do you all have 2 Switches?

I only have one. HOWEVER i don't care about anything online related, so even if i do get banned(not that i would since i don' t use anything online related anymore) i wouldn't care. any game or sys update i can get via...unofficial channels so i'm good

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you hack and go online your will probably be banned eventually. If you get banned you can still play games, you just cant play them online.

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one atm but a second tablet /screen only in the mail...
The one i have now does not go online and has not gone online at all since i got it.. i made a virgin nand backup before i did any kind of mod or hack, and its safe to say that i can restore the untouched nand and still have online if i choose to do so, but cause its my test ,cfw and home brew switch it does not go online at all..

If you hack and go online your will probably be banned eventually. If you get banned you can still play games, you just cant play them online.
But you wont have your eshop on that switch your need a unbanned console for your eshop @Skeet1983

Last edited by Canna,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, if I get banned, can I still update games, download from eshop, and install system updates?

Depends on the kind of ban. If it's a normal ban you'l just be banned from online gaming itself, meaning you can still access E-Shop, sys updates, all that good stuff. But lately Nintendo seems to be boosting their security so at this point, no one knows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.