1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    A person's ban risk is lower if all he or she is doing is using the homebrew launcher.

2. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    Im glad some people on here have a sense of humour ;):rolleyes:,,Yeah im not hoping for much myself,guess they need a little $ £....

Nice staf / Pit Btw

eyeliner likes this.
  3. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    What's the point in going around in bad humour? Have a bit of fun, I say.

Either way, I see the perks being more points or stars or more discounts on eshop purchases. So, not much I'd miss on.
    Considering I'll leave my Switch alone for about two weeks, when I use it again, the service should have been launched already and I'll make my choice.

Canna likes this.
  4. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    Having fun is what its all about , whatever you consider fun that is;)...

I see , i think the discounts well points and stars are minuscule anyway..
    How can you leave you poor switch all alone for two weeks, that's switch cruelty right there:unsure: i should report you to the Switch protection programme...:rofl2: Yeah same here waiting to see whats on offer,
    sorry for going off topic girls and boys

5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If your just using homebrew the chances of getting banned are very low :P

6. Rushhour77

Rushhour77 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I'd struggled with the question too. The only reason is to play fortnite atm. Even when I can play on ps4 or iphone, it was still very compelling to play fortnite anywhere with console controls.
    But as Sony is an ass in transferring my account to Switch I decided to hack it for now (after full backup) and never go online until there's a solid solution for going online and hacking offline (Atmosphere?). Flashing back and forth to prevent ban is too much of a hassle and time consuming imo.

So my 2 cents is:
    • if u wanna play online atm dont hack.
    • if u wanna try hack, make backup and hack offline only. If u wanna go back to online, wait for atmosphere release or restore backup. NO GUARANTEES for ban tho.

7. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    You could use memloader to access your Switch memory from a PC, copy the save over there, edit it to your likes, copy it back and reboot to Horizon.
    This way you haven't even touched homebrew and did nothing suspicious on your Switch (it's not detectable that you bootet your Switch into RCM so memloader should be safe).

8. Skeet1983

OP Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    What is this memloader I am hearing about? What all do I need to use it? Do I need to boot into RCM or anything? Also, what is the ban risk if I go this route? Can I put system in airplane mode, use memloader, then go back online?

Last edited by Skeet1983, Sep 7, 2018
  9. Myron49485

Myron49485 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    You can refer to the memloader thread. Yes, you need to boot into RCM to use it.

If you're talking about making a clean backup, hacking your Switch while staying offline, then restoring your backup to go online, I'd say that this is the safest route for now. Though I can't say for sure that it's a 100% safe as we don't know what Nintendo can do.

10. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Just don't hack it. Stay legit.

11. Skeet1983

OP Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    What about using homebrew launcher and Checkpoint? All I want to do is save editing...

12. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Portugal
    Low risk but risk nonetheless

13. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    wow getting banned for editing saves is bullshit.

i have save wizard on PS4 and sony has not banned me i call bullshit on this.

Skeet1983 likes this.
  14. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Portugal
    Is it though? Say you edit your save to give yourself massive advantages on an online game. Is that not worthy of a ban? Not to mention, altering save files goes against the console's TOS, all of them

15. x64

x64 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you get banned then you will have to manually source game updates, dlc, and games from unofficial sources to stay up to date. You won't be able to play online at all once banned.

The best option is to buy a used Switch tablet on ebay or from craigslist for the right price and use it strictly for homebrew.

If you've deeply invested a lot money in the Nintendo eshop then don't hack your Switch.

Last edited by x64, Sep 7, 2018
    Skittyusedcovet likes this.
  16. Myshkin

Myshkin Member
    Newcomer

I'm new too. Could you explain why saving efuses mandates the use of autoRCM? Is this likely (or even possible) to change in the future? Thanks.

17. Taorn

Taorn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Efuses don't mandate the use of auto rcm. Burning fuses will prevent you from downgrading your Switch to a previous version.

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Not getting banned and hacking are mutually exclusive; you can't always have your cake and eat it too. Hell, there are some people who got banned even without hacking their console. While Nintendo were rather lax on bans in the past, they've stepped up their game with the Switch and the situation will most likely not improve as the hacking scene grows.

Skittyusedcovet likes this.
  19. x64

x64 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ^^Yep. Especially now that Nintendo sued or sent cease & desist letters to most of the rom sites and now they have either shut down or removed links. The next major breakthrough that possibly could happen is if a genius out there could to innovate a dual nand mod. A switch with a dual nand could go easily back and forth from stock to homebrew without being detected. :)

Last edited by x64, Sep 7, 2018
  20. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

Belarus
    I have 3.

1x for SX OS
    1x for community released tools/cfw (on 2.00 firmware)
    1x for Legit Online/bought content use.

Last edited by retrofan_k, Sep 7, 2018
    x64 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted