^^title-2094^^

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing this for a while, dissapointed at first but now I'm into it. Give it a chance I'd say.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmm slow start indead, but i guess the ship will get stronger over time and hopefully faster too
Have now finished the starting level. The timing does not seem to be constant... not sure if i just imagine it is, or if it
is an emulation problem, or ... a problem of the game itself

Anyway, once you reach the first RPG part, make sure to press select, then b to see the weapon select screen
There seem to be three weapons with 28/20/28 setups... 76 weapon modes for sure is something to look out for
smile.gif

Anyway, now I have to play the first part again, as I went to the captain at once without exploring the base, and my secret loving self fears it has missed something in that other part of the map
smile.gif

edit: okay secret loving self can rest now, nothing missed...
anyway, there defenitly are slowdowns that don't seem to belong there. I had similar things when
playing astro boy... One would think 1333 mhz is enough for vba?

gigagreato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Nice game. One problem though - After a while, your ship gets experience really fast and becomes really powerful. So in the random battles, there is no challenge and it gets a little repetitive and boring. Other than that, it is pretty good.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
... played that first level on the first planet for the first time, got almost killed by the last wall you have to shoot
through... Really almost nothing left on the life bar... Had to eat one more Shot, and then the life bar was at zero, but me still alive. Reached the boss, killed him without loosing health. Boss exploded, Stage succesful thingy came up...
I was taken back to the forest thingy and BANG game over... bug i guess, on the ship == 0 life is enough but not on the surface... Have since then failed to get to that boss 3 times in a row... begin to hate that level

Xeago

Insert witty phrase here.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I got passed the intro stage, and the rpg portion is pretty neat.
the different ship every time is wicked.

It's getting pretty interesting, at the entrance to the mine now.

Put it down for a second. Rockstar is on. FUCKING YEAH!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game started a little on the sluggish side, but I'm finding it to be quite enjoyable now. The fact that the random battles are side-scrolling shooter battles is a nice change of pace from other RPG-ish games.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify:
In VBA the game seems to run slow, or at least the controls. On hardware its MUCH more acceptable, maybe not as tight as R-Type but it works. The RPG elements certainly are interesting, and the story (ignore the intro sequence, its not representative of the rest of the game) is quite original and well written aswell. All in all its refreshing to play something like this, its too bad it will probably sell 100 copies worldwide.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^^ True.

Okay I was playing, enjoying, then I came to the first set of random battles, where it's all explained. The first dozen were cool, but then I got to one where I was being damaged by nothing. I swear it wasn't enemy fire, because I was playing on the TV and everything...

I ended up dying before I could kill everything.
frown.gif
Bummer.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
wow!!! it's finally released!!!
I wonder if this'll make it to europe? cause if it does, and is good now that I try it, I'll have to buy it !
biggrin.gif

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Jeez, were any of you guys alive during the NES days? This game is getting so much attention because it's the only RPG/Shooter game that has come out after The Guardian Legend came out way back during the NES days.

TGL is a game that has achieved cult status over the years and most people were exited when Sigma Star Saga was announced.
Yes the ship is slow, but you will be able to upgrade it eventually (It is an RPG after all)

And BTW, WayForward did the game, not Namco.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu