^^title-2094^^

L

lastdual

eh, I don't really think the GBA is a capable platform for a serious shmup.

I enjoy manic cave shmups, but my favorites are still the more methodical R-Types and Gradius games (Gradius Gaiden > all). For the GBA, I think this game handles it well. It's too easy, but I blame this more on the fact that your ship becomes way too powerfull way too fast. Random battles should either be skippable or simply happen less frequently (although I don't think the encouter rate is any worse than most other RPGs), and that would fix it for me.

This game just seems to have so much potential that it's hard not to nitpick it, but it still beats the heck out of most games I've played in recent memory.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Gunstar Super Heroes is the one that's gonna take the Game of the Year prize.

Amen
bow.gif

http://sega.jp/segachan/ch2/gunstar_pr1.html

http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/media.php?id=1032

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be waiting for Rebelstar: Tactical Command...Â
wink.gif

Ugh. Looks like another tedious strategy game. Ain't there enough of those on GBA already with Advance Wars and all them Tactics things. Ain't it all just souped up Chess or something?

woo....what fun.
Each to their own I suppose.

I liked these features:
"Destructible maps where you can use the environment to your advantage. Characters can face and move in 8 different directions and follow true line of sight rules. Use stealth or blow stuff up. Use smoke grenades to provide cover from enemy fire. Use "opportunity fire" to automatically fire on enemies who pass through your line of sight... during you opponent's turn!"

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
at first playing this game I was WTF, I'm dying all the time, doesn't game over come up??? But the thing was, by ramming your ship into walls only resulted in another ship popping up and u'd lost a wee bit life...

tho I must agree the random battles come up far too many, the adventure mode could've been a bit more like Zelda instead of just running from every enemy you see because you don't have a reason to kill them.

As for Gunstar Heroes... I never played the game before... But I've watch my lil brothers playing it and it looks pretty cool. I'll probably buy Gunstar Heroes if I'll see it in stores in europe.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
meh what's up with this game eh? every time i go to the pause menu or try talking to somebody the game gets kinda stuck it's almost like non of the buttons work but the game dosn't freez note: this happend on my Flash card

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
might be but i have my doubts considering the fact that the site i get roms from has always been pretty rialible (that was prolly a typo) but i supos i could check

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
okay.. since i have no idea where too look for roms nowadays.. i havn't been able to check for myself..... But i hope you'll solve that problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ