Hacking Tired of reading about failed a9lh installs?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The First 3DS I have ever arm9loaderhaxed, was my own N3DS, that was about January 2016 I think, when everything was risky and we got the good old old old sysupdater (which bricked almost every console because it downgraded the NFIRM first), I didn´t even used the PlaiSysUpdater it has been the very old one, I also hadn´t had a PC so I put the 3DS´s Micro SD Card Into my Phone and Copied everything over, and then successfully downgraded from 10.7 to 9.2 and then from 9.2 to 2.1 I think it has been an actual downgrade at that time, and then used OTPHelper and the Old arm9loaderhax Installer. I think I was 13 at that Time. (Now 14 of course) meanwhile my N3DS is Updated with A9LH V2(3 CTRNAND) and about 2 Month ago I Installen A9LH on my friends sisters 3ds so that he could play Pkmn Moon, (his N3ds was at 11.2 and his sisters luckily on 10.7) and then about 3 Weeks ago I did the DSiware Downgrade on his N3DS using his sisters A9LHd N3DS. (Maybe another Friend of mine lend me his 3DS, I´d like to test the safehax/fasthax method though) Thats my Story xD

Last edited by adrifcastr,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are actually far more successful installs than failed installs for A9LH. Just no one makes threads for successful installs because that would be silly.
Still, I've install A9LH on multiple systems and I have been installing it since the "launch." Nowadays, it's stupid easy and it's only out of date paranoia holding someone back from installing it.

Texascfdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think? Most people I'd say play games. Some people probably mess with Homebrew apps and test out new things and whatnot.

Btw as far as the title of this topic goes, I'd say I am really tired of seeing countless threads about A9LH failed/bricked/etc. because retarded people can't even follow a guide. Seriously. If you can't follow as thorough guide as the 3ds guide is, then you don't deserve a hacked 3DS in the first place. Personally I've stopped coming onto this subforum for time being because it's just same topics every day but by different people .. Nothing new or interesting. The fact that 11.2 is now fully exploitable is a nice discovery, but part of me wishes that discovery wouldn't have happened lmao. The amount of new users that register here every day and try to follow the guide, then post a thread when something goes wrong is just ridiculous by now.

(Also I was hoping to sell some soft-mod services in my country as people don't seem to sell modded consoles at all, but now that the 11.2 exploit is out there's no need for such service as anyone can do it .. An opportunity lost I guess :( .. Now I need to sell my 2DS away as it literally has no use - but does anyone even buy 2DSes ...)
People with kids. 2ds is harder to break for kids than a clam shell 3ds, and it's cheaper. I have 3 kids each with a 2ds refurbished from GameStop for 50 bucks. I had a sky3ds for all 3 of them and hacked my n3ds Hyrule gold edition. I'm not buying games for all of them at 40 dollars a price for all the kids. But now I've successfully installed a9lh on all of them since the new AP check after pkmn sun Moon. People with kids buy 2ds.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it worked for me, no problems. I do at least two a day for people who are paranoid about it and I have fun installing it. That said, why not just ignore all the threads of bricking if they're bothersome? My only issue is the post jacking where noobs interject on a post that has nothing to do with their issue asking for help. Other than that, I just pass them by or read them to try and lend a hand. :D

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done the 10.7 to 9.2 downgrade on three systems, three DSiWare downgrades through the NATIVE_FIRM method, and three downgrades using Safehax/Fasthax. Some brief scares (the 9.2 downgrade was partial in two cases, but redoing the downgrade fixed that), but all nine systems, and soon to be a tenth, all have a9lh/Luma. :yay3ds:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really much of a story. Hacked 10+ consoles now, using various methods as newer and easier ones came out. My first console was my o3ds moving from rxTools emuNAND over a year ago, back when you had to manually downgrade redNAND to 2.1, then transfer redNAND to sysNAND and install a9lh. I fail to see how so many people can't read and follow instructions. Most of the time from what I can tell users are either being impatient and powering off/shutting the lid in the middle of a downgrade/ctrnand transfer or are ignoring errors that show up and just continue with ctrnand transfer anyway. Making the process easier to access and run has somehow increased the amount of user errors occurring.

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country
3 o3DS and 1 2DS,all works perfectly,and I gonna install on a n3DS for a friend someday (He is afraid is something happens,too paranoic :P ).

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed A9LH both on my O3DS (initially running FW 9.2) as well as on my N3DS (fresh out of the box Hyrule Edition running 10.3 or 10.5 back then) prior to the new methods that were discovered and added to the guide recently. Both times I read the guide twice before even starting the whole process and then proceeded to download and organize all the needed files into folders representing each step of the guide. Then I just followed the guide from start to finish. The downgrading step worried me a bit back then, especially on the N3DS, but in the end there was no need to worry and everything worked out fine on both systems. Now they are happily running Luma CFW on FW 11.2

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of four systems, I've had three total successes.
The first two were in the really early days, which is also where the fail happened (an O3DS where we never found out what went wrong).

I remember the original process, piecing it together from three threads, downgrading EmuNAND and patching it, dumping OTP and re-upgrading to run the installer...
At this point, the install has been made so trivial it's amazing, glad to see how far people have gotten.

10/10 would recommend, though SigHax may change that if we ever get a public release of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: