• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Three Wuhan lab researchers were hospitalized in November 2019

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to mention by no way I am (or we are) racist, there are certainly Chinese gbatemp members here and I really like and respect China. I am just amazed how they managed to stop the virus!

Just look how they celebrate and live normally

Last edited by depaul,

WorldOfNerds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to mention by no way I am (or we are) racist, there are certainly Chinese gbatemp members here and I really like and respect China. I am just amazed how they managed to stop the virus!

Just look how they celebrate and live normally

I don't think they stopped it. In my previous comment I mentioned that china faked the infection numbers, which is likely still the case (or they just don't put mask or distancing regulations in) because china is a country driven by cheap labor, production, distribution and the economy as a whole, rather than giving one about the health of its people.

Reactions: depaul

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Any particular reason not to get the vaccine?
Makes ya gay

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Jesus, what a dumpster fire.
186498622_317549123361756_2938596265602423211_n.jpg
I feel like literally no one read my post

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Jesus, what a dumpster fire.
186498622_317549123361756_2938596265602423211_n.jpg
to be fair... this is one of the rare places where you'll get to hear both sides (or every side, if you think of it as a spectrum)
we welcome everyone regardless of their political affiliation, we just ask people to remain civil, but that doesn't mean we can force them to reason with logic

There are other places like imgur, Parler (or whatever it's called now) that are downright echo chambers - on these, you only get what you want to read and are never confronted to other opinions. These aren't places where you'll grow to be a more open-minded person.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just in - before being declared a pandemic, people that work at places experience symptoms of the virus eventually designated COVID-19. More at 11.

Really? The virus came to existence somehow, right? Is there any indication that these people that work in the lab are the worldwide patient zero? Or just some more braindead trying to make something out of nothing?

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just in - before being declared a pandemic, people that work at places experience symptoms of the virus eventually designated COVID-19. More at 11.

Really? The virus came to existence somehow, right? Is there any indication that these people that work in the lab are the worldwide patient zero? Or just some more braindead trying to make something out of nothing?
The feeling I get from non paranoid qualified experts like Dr.Fauci is that its more about Chinese authorities refusing a full investigation, than any strong belief it definitely did not occur naturally.

"Separately, at the White House, Fauci said many scientists stil believe the disease occurred naturally, but it's also imperative to get to the bottom of it with more investigation.
An adviser for the World Health Organization, Jamie Metzl, said the lab-leak theory is possible while scientists were "poking and prodding and studying" viruses with the good intention of developing vaccines.
"Then I believe what possibly happened was there was an accidental leak followed by a criminal cover-up," said Metzl, who served in the Clinton administration in the US Department of State and is a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.
Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the US, also said this week he is not convinced the disease occurred naturally and pushed for more investigation.
That is the takeaway here: There needs to be more investigation.
The official word on the origin of Covid-19 is not good enough"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/25/politics/wuhan-lab-covid-origin-theory/index.html

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The feeling I get from non paranoid qualified experts like Dr.Fauci is that its more about Chinese authorities refusing a full investigation, than any strong belief it definitely did not occur naturally.

"Separately, at the White House, Fauci said many scientists stil believe the disease occurred naturally, but it's also imperative to get to the bottom of it with more investigation.
An adviser for the World Health Organization, Jamie Metzl, said the lab-leak theory is possible while scientists were "poking and prodding and studying" viruses with the good intention of developing vaccines.
"Then I believe what possibly happened was there was an accidental leak followed by a criminal cover-up," said Metzl, who served in the Clinton administration in the US Department of State and is a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.
Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the US, also said this week he is not convinced the disease occurred naturally and pushed for more investigation.
That is the takeaway here: There needs to be more investigation.
The official word on the origin of Covid-19 is not good enough"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/25/politics/wuhan-lab-covid-origin-theory/index.html
When the Corona Virus first broke out I saw a video from a guy living in China. He was a White guy living there with his Chinese Wife. And he was talking about the Chinese Government trying to cover up the fact that covid existed. They were telling doctors not to go public with the information about the patients they been helping, which was early on before the world knew about covid. And the government was kidnapping and throwing people in jail. His friend was thrown in jail and hasn't seen him since.

The guy had to escape China before Chinese gov would block his pass ports. So he separated from his wife and kid a bit. He did manage to escape China.

That CNN article seems to verify alot about what China has been doing according to what that guy was saying.

The lab leak theory is a possibility that needs to be taken seriously. And the U.S. intelligence report now suggests that the WHO was wrong about Doctors not being sick earlier then December.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be fair... this is one of the rare places where you'll get to hear both sides (or every side, if you think of it as a spectrum)
we welcome everyone regardless of their political affiliation, we just ask people to remain civil, but that doesn't mean we can force them to reason with logic

There are other places like imgur, Parler (or whatever it's called now) that are downright echo chambers - on these, you only get what you want to read and are never confronted to other opinions. These aren't places where you'll grow to be a more open-minded person.
On one hand, that's why I come here. On the other hand, the arguments here aren't generally between two reasonable places.
Not always(!)
But often enough

WorldOfNerds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

It's thanks to admins like you that we can have civil arguments over political matters without the downward pressure of fearing you'll get a backhand to the face for mentioning any country, and or they're operations in a negative manner.
Keep being awesome :grog:

Reactions: Costello

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
China will never admit that the virus broke from a lab. I remember very early on how the Chinese goverment toke hard actions against people who wanted to say anything about it. There was one doctor guy who wanted to warn and tell people about it, it was a scientist, he died a few weeks after the outbreak in misterious circumstances. Not only him but others have been taken out hard before the whole thing became worldwide known.

Im not a conspirycist person, but i trully believe that out there are labs that contains very deadly virusses that could wipe out the entire human race. I do believe as well that there are far more worser virusses than this one. The world is not prepared for another case like this magnitude. If another one breaks out ( Probs will, its a matter of time, when and how) I hope that it doesn't take out a large portion of the population.

I trully honestly believe that the virus escaped from a lab in China. They blamed it at the start on people eating bats, something that has been around for years.

Last edited by DoubleDate,

WorldOfNerds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any particular reason not to get the vaccine?

Depends on what one and the situation you're country is currently in.

In the case of AstraZeneca, multiple reports have come in of severe blood clots 3-7 days after receiving the vaccine, even with the low risk factor, and the supposed fact that the blood clots are already there but the vaccine makes them worse.

I wouldn't get AstraZeneca, but I would go for another, possibly more stable vaccine.

Also, take into account that if the Indian Double-Mutant variant strain gets loose, then these vaccines will be rendered useless to it, as the vaccine is made from CoV-19's spike protein, and this particular variant has evolved to change it to avoid being weakened, and possibly neutralized.

So, in summary, do get the vaccine as it will prevent you're death from the majority of variants, just don't get AstraZeneca.

China will never admit that the virus broke from a lab. I remember very early on how the Chinese goverment toke hard actions against people who wanted to say anything about it. There was one doctor guy who wanted to warn and tell people about it, it was a scientist, he died a few weeks after the outbreak in misterious circumstances. Not only him but others have been taken out hard before the whole thing became worldwide known.

Im not a conspirycist person, but i trully believe that out there are labs that contains very deadly virusses that could wipe out the entire human race. I do believe as well that there are far more worser virus than this one. The world is not prepared for another case as this magnitude. If another one breaks out ( Probs will, its a matter of time, when and how) I hope that it doesn't take out a large portion of the population.

I trully honestly believe the virus escaped from a lab in China. They blamed it at the start on people eating bats, something that has been around for years.

It is wholly possible it did, but I have my doubts that it was created, rather discovered, kept on the down-low, and then broke out of whatever containment it was in at the time.

Last edited by WorldOfNerds,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

(maybe adding a little Addition - "Coincidence" that they blame some "Doctors" that they have "maybe" brought it to Austria in beginning 2020....)

....of course this Virus is "artificial"....
Such strong and deadly (and so quick mutating) Virus can not "born" naturally....

Only with the help of "god-playing" People,such a Thing can come about.

God Himself or Mother Earth have nothing to do with it.....

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
(maybe adding a little Addition - "Coincidence" that they blame some "Doctors" that they have "maybe" brought it to Austria in beginning 2020....)

Such strong and deadly (and so quick mutating) Virus can not "born" naturally....

Oh, sure, because this has never happened before has it?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_pandemic#Influenza_pandemics

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh, sure, because this has never happened before has it?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_pandemic#Influenza_pandemics

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than likely yes.... but you will never know

Humans been around for nearly a long period of time however in the last 50 years all these "viruses" came out of nowhere.... but then again in Asia when you're eating bats and other animals that carry diseases it's possible to a virus to get carried that way.

Lots of viruses comes from us doing something really questionable.

WorldOfNerds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
More than likely yes.... but you will never know

Humans been around for nearly a long period of time however in the last 50 years all these "viruses" came out of nowhere.... but then again in Asia when you're eating bats and other animals that carry diseases it's possible to a virus to get carried that way.

Lots of viruses comes from us doing something really questionable.

This makes me think about how we would've discovered that cow's milk is consumable.

I mean, did someone just find a cow and decide to touch its udder because it looks mildly like an oversized breast with multiple nipples?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This makes me think about how we would've discovered that cow's milk is consumable.

I mean, did someone just find a cow and decide to touch its udder because it looks mildly like an oversized breast with multiple nipples?
no, they probably saw a baby cow drinking milk and though, damn I'm starving I think I'm going to die, I'll just have some of that, and lived to tell the wonders of cow milk.....until the milk is bad for you thread pop up and everyone turned their backs on milk forever

as for the topic at hand, I think its likely it was leaked from the wuhan lab, its just too coincidental for my liking that of all the places on earth it could first appear it would be right next to a lab that had been working on corona viruses, whether it was manipulated to spread to humans or they just had so many strains in storage that one of them would end up being is another issue, but even if the powers that be had 100% proof I doubt it would ever be disclosed the entire world depends too much on the outsourced effectively unpaid workers that china has to offer big international companies and the cash that will inevitably land in politicians pockets as long as they plod along and look the other way.

Last edited by gamesquest1,

WorldOfNerds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no, they probably saw a baby cow drinking milk and though, damn I'm starving I think I'm going to die, I'll just have some of that, and lived to tell the wonders of cow milk.....until the milk is bad for you thread pop up and everyone turned their backs on milk forever

as for the topic at hand, I think its likely it was leaked from the wuhan lab, its just too coincidental for my liking that of all the places on earth it could first appear it would be right next to a lab that had been working on corona viruses, whether it was manipulated to spread to humans or they just had so many strains in storage that one of them would end up being is another issue, but even if the powers that be had 100% proof I doubt it would ever be disclosed the entire world depends too much on the outsourced effectively unpaid workers that china has to offer big international companies and the cash that will inevitably land in politicians pockets as long as they plod along and look the other way.

I actually mentioned before that it likely broke out of lab containment, which may have been from a bat. Although, I'm still open to the theory that it came from a wet market, which one of the scientists could've visited, which would be yet another possibility of how they contracted it first.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I actually mentioned before that it likely broke out of lab containment, which may have been from a bat. Although, I'm still open to the theory that it came from a wet market, which one of the scientists could've visited, which would be yet another possibility of how they contracted it first.
yeah but lets be real its like finding a convicted murderer who sent a message to someone saying I'm coming to kill you right now found standing over their body covered in blood with a knife in their hand and their excuse is "someone else did it I just found them like that and slipped on the blood and accidentally picked up the knife in shock", there is enough circumstantial evidence to convince me that they committed the murder even though I couldn't say I'm 100% certain without cctv footage of them actually doing it, could I be wrong, sure, but come on really what are the odds of that setup happening

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: AlexMCS

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but lets be real its like finding a convicted murderer who sent a message to someone saying I'm coming to kill you right now found standing over their body covered in blood with a knife in their hand and their excuse is "someone else did it I just found them like that and slipped on the blood and accidentally picked up the knife in shock", there is enough circumstantial evidence to convince me that they committed the murder even though I couldn't say I'm 100% certain without cctv footage of them actually doing it, could I be wrong, sure, but come on really what are the odds of that setup happening

Well other countries are always working on weapons of mass destruction. Bill Gates even predicted the pandemic a long time ago lets just say someone came with a killer virus that dropped it in the air you will never know.

Half of the things we have today came from a mistake like an "oh shit moment" hence potato chips lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi