M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
in the past that was true but not anymore.
Even if you can name an example (which I doubt... the Wii was more powerful than the Xbox and GameCube), it's still the rule. I think THQ doesn't say the Wii U is more powerful because it surprises anyone. It's just that the next generation will have Nintendo releasing its console first. Remember that in 2006, the "next gen" had already begun. Resistance was out for PS3, Gears of War was out for 360, and that Wii could only exceed the PS2 and Xbox. This time, there will still be a lot of games for PS3 and 360 and probably their successors aren't even announced (let alone released) before the Wii U launch. That means that, even if it's for a limited time, the Wii U will get a lot of good games that run better on it than on the 360 and PS3.

This means that Nintendo won't start like they did with the Wii: a couple of good first party titles, but basically no third party titles, especially not ones that compare to their PS3 and 360 versions. If the Wii U has a good start, that could become very important even if the PS4 and 360 successor beat the Wii U's power.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
gokujr1000 said:
I think it's already safe to assume that a Next Gen console surpasses a Current or Last Gen console...
But how are you going to back that up? You at least need some some type of base before you can state such a thing.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
gokujr1000 said:
I think it's already safe to assume that a Next Gen console surpasses a Current or Last Gen console...
But how are you going to back that up? You at least need some some type of base before you can state such a thing.
Well the Wii was rather underpowered relative to the competition when it was first released. I'm not even sure if it was better than the Xbox in terms of raw power (correct me if I'm wrong). It was a great console of course but it clearly wasn't designed to be cutting edge power-wise.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kevan said:
Intel is always motivated man. Otherwise they would look like
idiots when AMD finally catches up =D
Didn't that already happen once with the last Pentium?
If I remember correctly, Intel was working on a Pentium 5, but even though they managed to double the clock rate, the new CPU was hardly faster than the Pentium 4.
During that time AMD made the AMD Athlon XP, which was faster than the competing Pentium processor.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another claim/promise, hopefully they keep up with all their claims/promises. I just want to see way more third-party games on the Wii U, not anymore like it is now, with the PS360 and PC getting all kind of sweet releases and the Wii just gets ignored.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
kevan said:
@Bladexdsl - WOAH! Hold your horses. PC hitting their limits ?_?
Why the hell do you think that every 18 months (roughly) the power
increases significantly?
Intel themselves have said the same things along the same lines. Though they keep releasing new tech often, so we'll see. There is a limit, but it won't be reached for a while.
What do you mean limit? I don't see a limit to computer technology. The only limit I could see is computer graphics. Computer graphic's limit is the world itself. Nothing can get better than nature.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
Next gen consoles more powerful than the current gen?

WELL COLOR ME SHOCKED.

I'd rather wait to compare it to its competitors next gen consoles, however.
Yeah, i had a similar reaction. I laughed at the guys on page 1 who were saying THQ was payed off by Nintendo or that the employee didn't know what he was talking about.

In other news, the Gamecube is more powerful than the PS1.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Next gen consoles more powerful than the current gen?

WELL COLOR ME SHOCKED.

I'd rather wait to compare it to its competitors next gen consoles, however.
Yeah, i had a similar reaction. I laughed at the guys on page 1 who were saying THQ was payed off by Nintendo or that the employee didn't know what he was talking about.

In other news, the Gamecube is more powerful than the PS1.
News flash: DS is more powerful than GBA.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
gokujr1000 said:
because you can't get better gfx than HD that's why. not for a long time anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
because you can't get better gfx than HD that's why. not for a long time anyway.

Would you say launch titles for the Xbox 360 or PS3 look as good as current titles for the Xbox 360 and PS3? They're all HD so I guess they should be equal, right?

Also, I'd rather listen to a tech expert tell me this instead of you, if it's even true.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Bladexdsl said:
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
gokujr1000 said:
You can't get better gr-

Okay I'm sorry. I don't even want to dignify that with a response. Without going into the intricacies of how resolution is not "graphics"...

I play games in 1440p. All the time.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if that's what you believe and your not prepared to examine the facts and how todays gaming tech is not advancing and has reached a standstill than prepare to be greatly disappointed in the next gen.

examine the facts and you'll see

--- end of line ---

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Well uh, I'm playing Portal 2 at a resolution surpassing your so called "HD", so what now? This standstill past which we cannot advance...

Has already been passed.

Now if you want to step away from your ramblings about HD for a moment, and discuss whether graphical increases will really make things look much better from here on out, as we approach photorealism, I'll be able to talk with you.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Pleng said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Nothing can get better than nature.

Why not?
Because, in that case, you would be going farther than realism. What is better than realism? There cannot be anything better than realism, in terms of physical view point.

The whole point is to get as realistic as possible. The thing is, if they try to get it more real than realism itself... I don't even think that is possible.

Mr Slug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
gokujr1000 said:

yeah untill they decide to release the super hi deff tv's
smile.gif
which have already been invented and made, only reason they are not selling them at moment is hdtv is fairly new still and they wantto milk that for all its worth
frown.gif

i seen super hi deff tv in action was a video clip of it being demo'd think they even ran a clip of Eastenders on it too or maybe it was satalite map images in real time but the deff on it was way beyond 1080p i think it was 16x or above beyond 1080p something super insane res, it looked amazing, its a shame blu ray and hdtv 1080p had just been out few years and so we will need to wait around 10-11 years before super hi deff tv's go on sale
frown.gif
thats what they said 10-11 years as hdtv needs to be milked as alot of people had bought those at the time and nowdays its pretty much standard and broadcasting etc etc.

here some more info

Ultra High Definition Television (or UHDTV, Ultra HDTV, 4320p, and Ultra High Definition Video (UHDV)) is a digital video format, currently proposed under the leadership of NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories. It is 16 times the resolution of HDTV (high-definition video). IMAX has roughly the same resolution as UHDTV.[1][2]

Wide Quad High Definition (WQHD) (2560×1440) and Quad Full High Definition (QFHD) (3840×2160) are not the same resolution as that of UHDTV and represent intermediate resolutions mid-way between those of HDTV and UHDTV.

NHK is advocating this video format as Super Hi-Vision (SHV).

The BBC also appears to be interested in the technology. During IBC 2008 Japan's NHK, Italy's RAI, the BBC, RTE, Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic (with various partners) demonstrated the first ever public live transmission of UHDTV, from London to the conference site in Amsterdam.[10][11]

In addition, it was demonstrated at the BBC's Media Centre in West London in early October 2008. The BBC has been looking into the use of its Dirac codec with UHDTV.

On September 29, 2010, the BBC and NHK partnered up and recorded The Charlatans live in the UK in the UHDTV format, before broadcasting over the internet to Japan.[12]

On May 19, 2011, SHARP demonstrated a direct-view 85" LCD display capable of 7680 x 4320 pixels at 10 bpp.[13]

The final goal is for UHDTV to be available in domestic homes, though the timeframe for this happening varies between 2016 to 2020 (mainly based on technical reasons concerning storage and broadcast distribution of content).[14]

The BBC intends to trial UHDTV during the 2012 Summer Olympics, erecting 15 m display screens at two or three locations.[15]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So glad I'm not in prison lol