THQ says Wii U power surpasses current gen by far

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Actually, I don't really care how powerful a system is. As long as it's affordable and fun, I'll gladly purchase it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Mr Slug said:
Bladexdsl said:
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
gokujr1000 said:
I think it's already safe to assume that a Next Gen console surpasses a Current or Last Gen console...
in the past that was true but not anymore.
But how are you going to back that up? You at least need some some type of base before you can state such a thing.
because you can't get better gfx than HD that's why. not for a long time anyway.
*snip of super hi-def TVs*

The technology will always improve, but can you honestly say we need it? As it is already, any resolution higher than 1080p from a normal viewing distance in the average home is practically indistinguishable from 1080p, and television dimensions available to the public aren't gonna get much bigger due to most households not being big enough to fit them in.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about this. And even if it is, by the time developers are fully able to utilize the console's power, new, even more powerful consoles will probably be on the way from Sony and Microsoft.

EDIT:

Also, I think less focus needs to be spent on just making the consoles more powerful, and more on making games cheaper to produce. The graphics are nice, but this "Games are so expensive to make that one flop can ruin a developer" isn't doing the industry any wonders.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
AaronUzumaki said:
but take note that the DS was released BEFORE PSP, and therefore was the most powerful portable system at the time. 3DS was released BEFORE Vita, which makes IT the most powerful portable currently
I have to say, this agrument is kinda invalid. The way you're saying it is that Sony purposely waits for the console to come out then design the PSP/PSV, making it more powerful. They have already designed it way before the other parties' launch.
Going off of your logic, my argument still stands, because DS/3DS was in development way before PSP/Vita.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess having higher than 1080P might work with these ultra high defs since there is soooooooooo much extra res you will notice some difference. But still not much of a difference I bet.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Mr Slug said:
heres a link at the end of clip is a ultra hd tv 16x 4000k lines tv demo's one of 10 in the world it says and also it wont be out for around a decade too but next year 2k tv's will be on sale and will upscale 1080p tv programmes to 2k sounds cool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/clic...ine/9596445.stm
4000k != 4000p dude.

And most content is not nearly that resolution.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AaronUzumaki said:
chris888222 said:
AaronUzumaki said:
but take note that the DS was released BEFORE PSP, and therefore was the most powerful portable system at the time. 3DS was released BEFORE Vita, which makes IT the most powerful portable currently
I have to say, this agrument is kinda invalid. The way you're saying it is that Sony purposely waits for the console to come out then design the PSP/PSV, making it more powerful. They have already designed it way before the other parties' launch.
Going off of your logic, my argument still stands, because DS/3DS was in development way before PSP/Vita.
I didnt know you worked at SCE's R&D department
rolleyes.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Actually, I don't really care how powerful a system is. As long as it's affordable and fun, I'll gladly purchase it.
Then I recommend you buy a Nintendo Entertainment System my friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr