1. CPG

CPG dingus

Canada
    Scalpers are hella gay, and even I wouldn’t go out with them.

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I hope every single scalper who hoards PS5s gets robbed

3. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    FYI, it's not just PS5s and Xbox SX systems. It's A LOT of technology. CPUs, GPUs, RAM, mobos, cases, mice, etc. Shit is outrageous and needs to stop.

Trying to purchase an RTX 3080... Not gonna happen for a hot fucking minute because these clowns are happy about screwing people over.

4. subcon959

OP subcon959 teh retro

There's an interesting article on IGN about the Amazon PS5's that got stolen and replaced with random goods.

So yeah, even if you manage to somehow get an order placed you can't rely on it actually getting to you safely. The world is truly going to shit.

digipimp75 likes this.
  5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    how stupid are people buying a fucking ps5 for one fucking game (astros gayhouse). ps5 is not worth it at the moment there really is fuck all else to play on it the launch lineup is a joke worse than the switch! just wait a year :lol:

6. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Addict

Why does that make me think of a plot out of some modern day Robin Hood/Christmas Carol story?

A Scrooge-esque scalper gets robbed and hunts down the stolen consoles to some sympathetic group/victims/whatever where the kids reaction makes his heart grow 3 sizes too big.

I think my family members have been watching too many ‘fill in the blank’ Christmas films on Christmas Movies 24.

Last edited by tech3475, Nov 30, 2020
  7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Didn't the same kind of situation happen back in march when the covid-19 outbreak hit us? Scalpers were buying all the toilet paper, hand sanitizer bottles, masks or other useful stuff, and tried to sell them back 3x the amount they paid. Online marketplaces eventually banned them or blocked their accounts. I think a solution to slow down the scalpers for electronics would be for online stores (amazon, ebay, and the likes) to have a rule saying no more than 10% markup compared to suggested retail price from the manufacturer. Anymore than that, you're a scalper... account suspended. If the scalpers have to only sell locally their stuff, business will nosedive. Of course, that won't happen, because that would be much less profits for said online stores. It should be voted as a law by the government.

8. subcon959

OP subcon959 teh retro

I dunno I think free market is just as important as free speech. But I do think when it gets to the point where it's one group buying thousands just to sell then there should be some sort of tax payable on those earnings.

9. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I believe they passed a law that prohibits the price gouging of essentials. At least in the US. Now to get it for everything else.

10. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I pre-ordered the PS5 and Series X. When they arrived, I decided to just keep the PS5 and listed the Series X on ebay for $830. It sold in 15 minutes! The bottom line is that people are paying these prices, and nobody is forcing their hand.

11. ccfman2004

United States
    The problem are the scalpers that use bots to buy a bunch of these with the sole purpose of selling them at exorbitant prices. There is a difference if a person bought one the right way and then changed their mind and sold it. eBay listings have sellers that have pictures with several consoles in them.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or they want more than double retail.

Retailers are just as guilty for allowing the scalpers to be able to use their bots to mass buy the stuff.

Last edited by ccfman2004, Nov 30, 2020
    digipimp75 likes this.
  12. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Money is money, our opinion means nothing to these companies

13. 1B51004

1B51004 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    T'was the night be for Christmas, and all throughout the US,
    not a single creature was stirring, not even the man Russ;
    Scalpers' plans were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that their PS5s soon would be there;
    (Continue if you want.)

14. ccfman2004

United States
  15. jimbo13

jimbo13 Terry Crews #1 Fan

United States
    I had no problem acquiring 15 units, I ordered 25 and got tagged/canceled on 10. Next launch I'll do more, never have a problem moving them.

Draft saved Draft deleted