This is sooo annoying (Jump zoom in video)

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by R4Liam, Mar 19, 2013.

Mar 19, 2013
  1. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    Basically I am using after effects cs6 and I would like to make an image scale, not gradually, instantly without any smooth transition. I want it to snap to a bigger size instantly about 4 times. How the hell do you do it I have been looking around everywhere on how to do it but cannot find anything so frustrating.

2. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    I've never used After Effects, but most of these scale functions include a time you can set for the transition (like, it takes 1 second). If it exists, can't you just set that to zero or some really small number?

3. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    I can't find how to do that :/ I am looking everywhere grrr

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Alas the fancy adobe stuff is not what I tend to play with but for the sake of my curiosity are you looking for something like the attached video (I had to zip it to dodge extension restrictions).

Attached Files:

• jump.zip
      File size:
      262.4 KB
      Views:
  5. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    yes! that is exactly what i want. Howw

6. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Keyframe it up 4 sizes then move the keyframe to the same place as the original.

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If I failed to make it clear I apologise- that was not anything with adobe on the name on it to produce that (I was merely curious to see if that was the effect you wanted); I used avisynth for it as it is my main fancy video editor and in this case it excels in reducing things to clips which can be thrown about without relative ease rather than adobe/video vegas/premier which seems to favour timelines (which is fantastic when you are doing films from lots of different cameras/cuts/takes).

In my case I fiddled with overlays for that one (spared me having to worry about sizes). Probably not the best move if you have moving footage unless you want to think through it.
    Were I doing it properly I would probably have opted to slice it up into sections, resize upwards and crop to the original size before stitching it back together.
    Whether you can split the timeline and effectively have "timed layers" where the layers are timed to zoom in when playing with the adobe stuff or not I am not sure about.

8. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    Keyframe what up 4 sizes? sorry i'm completely new to this. how do I do that?

9. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    drop down the layer that has the item you want to scale. click the stopwatch to make a keyframe at the current time and current size of the object. Move foward in the time line and keyframe that layer again, making 2 dots appear on your line. with the second one, scale it up to the size you desire. then move the size keyframe over to the first one. You have to have it in the same place or over by one "click" or "notch", if not, the picture will animate scale.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    whenever I move the keyframe exactly over the previous, the last keyframe (the biggest size) is the only one that is shown. Also If I try to move the last keyframe slightly in front of the previous it wont let me, it only snaps to each second on the timeline.

11. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    I am still struggling to do this. If I drop the last keyframe onto the first, the last is the only one that is shown with no animation. Also the timeline snaps to each second when I try to move things, how do I turn that off?