Hacking This is hard!

PineappleH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I've spent over 1 hrs trying to figure out how to work G6 Lite & Passme 2 on my DSL and still no luck, not to mention installing Flashme. First of all, I have no flashing experience and these are my very first flashing tool. How do I get this to work?

Things I don't understand:

- How do I get my G6 Lite to load in NDS mode?
- Why does both of my DSL's screen turn white (after health mssg) when I put in Passme 2?

Things i've done:

- Update loader to V 4.2A
- Installed G6 Manger V 4.2
- Wrote "Advance Wars: DS" to G6 NDS folder.

Battalia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use the G6 Lite with the Passcard 3 and it works very easy - no problems at all - it automatically boots in to NDS mode. I wonder if the passme 2 is your problem?

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the passme 2 is the problem. it is supposed to work on the DSL no problem, but it has to be set up first. I saw this quote somewhere "You only need to put a sram.dat file on the CF/SD card & run it in GBA mode once" so that sounds like there is 1 step that needs to be done first unlike the Passcard 3 which requires no set up at all.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the best thing would be to drop 20 bucks on a passcard 3. I also miss read the original post even though I wrote Passme I thought you had a Passcard 2 which would be fine, but the Passme 2 is more of a pain. You can look here or here for some possible answers.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm. he was using a DS Phat in that article. look at the date. the previous post said there would be a problem with the passme 2 and the DSL not the g6 and this guy has a g6 lite anyway. this may be of some help but really it is all over the map. PineappleH has a Passme 2 with the G6L and a DSL. the article you just recomended only talks about the Pass me 2, everything else is different.

the more I think about it the more I would recomend that PineappleH not read http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=News...order=0&thold=0 too seriously because the flash card is not even the same card. He may screw it all up as the review or article was about the G6 and not the G6 Lite. They may be close enough to work, but I would not trust it.

PineappleH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing what the article says, but it's not helping T_T

I wrote the passme2.gba into my G6 Lite, started it, randomly pick a code, "SRAM Writtten", but still not working T_T

PineappleH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry for the double post. After going through the site, I figure out that I need to use the lastest firmware to program PassKey 2, but I dunno why the message "Warning: CRC Error!" appears when I try to load it off my G6 Lite.

Can anybody please help me with this?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you have a passkey 2, you should have the dongle to reprogram it, if not, you need to know what game it is programmed for. You also cannot randomly pick a code as those are based on the game you programmed it for. Seeing as you say you have a PassMe2, you need to know what game it was programmed for.

And yes, passme 2 works on DSLite... if it doesn't, then I have a miracle system or I am a genius.

Also, there is no difference between G6 and G6 Lite in a functional standpoint. They are the same things.

PineappleH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I finally got this krap to work!

It seems PassKey 2's firmware only works for G6 Lite when u d/l the one from G6flash site.

Also the ways to reprogram PassKey 2 are in the reviews!

All that trouble just to get it to work
sleep.gif
I hope I don't encounter any other issues or Im gonna blow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2