This is hard!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by PineappleH, Aug 11, 2006.

Aug 11, 2006

This is hard! by PineappleH at 9:33 PM (1,120 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. PineappleH
    OP

Member PineappleH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seriously, I've spent over 1 hrs trying to figure out how to work G6 Lite & Passme 2 on my DSL and still no luck, not to mention installing Flashme. First of all, I have no flashing experience and these are my very first flashing tool. How do I get this to work?

Things I don't understand:

- How do I get my G6 Lite to load in NDS mode?
    - Why does both of my DSL's screen turn white (after health mssg) when I put in Passme 2?

Things i've done:

- Update loader to V 4.2A
    - Installed G6 Manger V 4.2
    - Wrote "Advance Wars: DS" to G6 NDS folder.

2. Battalia

Newcomer Battalia Advanced Member

United States
    I use the G6 Lite with the Passcard 3 and it works very easy - no problems at all - it automatically boots in to NDS mode. I wonder if the passme 2 is your problem?

3. PineappleH
    OP

United States
    Well I do notice that the Passme 2's red lite stops flashing when the white screens come up...

4. evilreddot

Member evilreddot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You can't use Passcard 2 with a DS lite, I think.

5. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the passme 2 is the problem. it is supposed to work on the DSL no problem, but it has to be set up first. I saw this quote somewhere "You only need to put a sram.dat file on the CF/SD card & run it in GBA mode once" so that sounds like there is 1 step that needs to be done first unlike the Passcard 3 which requires no set up at all.

6. PineappleH
    OP

United States
    Then I do I set it up? I only have G6 Lite and Passme 2.

7. ds6220

United States
    well, the best thing would be to drop 20 bucks on a passcard 3. I also miss read the original post even though I wrote Passme I thought you had a Passcard 2 which would be fine, but the Passme 2 is more of a pain. You can look here or here for some possible answers.

8. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
  9. ds6220

United States
    umm. he was using a DS Phat in that article. look at the date. the previous post said there would be a problem with the passme 2 and the DSL not the g6 and this guy has a g6 lite anyway. this may be of some help but really it is all over the map. PineappleH has a Passme 2 with the G6L and a DSL. the article you just recomended only talks about the Pass me 2, everything else is different.

the more I think about it the more I would recomend that PineappleH not read http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=News...order=0&thold=0 too seriously because the flash card is not even the same card. He may screw it all up as the review or article was about the G6 and not the G6 Lite. They may be close enough to work, but I would not trust it.

10. PineappleH
    OP

United States
    I'm doing what the article says, but it's not helping T_T

I wrote the passme2.gba into my G6 Lite, started it, randomly pick a code, "SRAM Writtten", but still not working T_T

11. PineappleH
    OP

United States
    Sry for the double post. After going through the site, I figure out that I need to use the lastest firmware to program PassKey 2, but I dunno why the message "Warning: CRC Error!" appears when I try to load it off my G6 Lite.

Can anybody please help me with this?

12. outphase

United States
    if you have a passkey 2, you should have the dongle to reprogram it, if not, you need to know what game it is programmed for. You also cannot randomly pick a code as those are based on the game you programmed it for. Seeing as you say you have a PassMe2, you need to know what game it was programmed for.

And yes, passme 2 works on DSLite... if it doesn't, then I have a miracle system or I am a genius.

Also, there is no difference between G6 and G6 Lite in a functional standpoint. They are the same things.

13. PineappleH
    OP

United States
    OMG I finally got this krap to work!

It seems PassKey 2's firmware only works for G6 Lite when u d/l the one from G6flash site.

Also the ways to reprogram PassKey 2 are in the reviews!

All that trouble just to get it to work [​IMG] I hope I don't encounter any other issues or Im gonna blow.

14. outphase

United States
    Save yourself the hassle of always having to load the sram and flash your DS. I have a passme 2 and would hate to use it all the time [​IMG]

15. XxMxVxPxX

Member XxMxVxPxX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you dont just copy the games to the nds folder.... you use the manager