This is a piece of plastic that Chinese should make for the Joy-Cons

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Saiyan Lusitano, May 26, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Was looking around Aliexpress for a PS3 controller clip (to use an Android as a gaming device) and this below reminded me how the Joy-Cons can be improved, while it is a flawed concept it would work nonetheless.

[​IMG]
    I actually wish Nintendo had included something like this to use the left Joy-Con as a traditional d-pad.

2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ...how would you attach it?

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    nintendo could easily design a hole in the middle for attach it however since we don't have this..
    it could either be a clip you could attach trough the side...
    glue in the center or a pastic ring outside the buttons with glue...
    chineses can figure it out, they had been doing this since the GB\nes era...

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    If something like this could be made and it came with a movement limiter, it would be nice.
    I hate the low quality dpads like the one on the Pro Controller where you can press in the center of the dpad and easily press all four directions at the same time, no pivot.

5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    This.

The way this piece of plastic is attached to DualShock 3's d-pad is that it has sticky parts, so if it's ever removed then it'll eventually just fall off.

[​IMG]

I'd like to try this on the Joy-Con but not sure it's sold separately somewhere on Aliexpress. Well, found something very similar and delivered for under a poun-doh!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Se...k-D-pad-Extender-Cap-for-PS4/32791143265.html

Will keep this Aliexpress link bookmarked but for now I'll keep on using the Pro Controller.

6. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    They could have a plastic bump on the bottom of the cover that slots into the top of the controller. The cover could also have a magnet in the centre which aligns against another magnet hidden inside the Joy-Con.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.