Thinking of buying another DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Goofy Time, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. Goofy Time
    OP

Member Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, so, pretty much since day uno, my DS Lite has had issues. The top screen tends to blur, and leave trails, which I've heard on other forums is NOT supposed to happen. So, my main question here is, am I supposed to get any blurring trails?

Also, the second screen has a protective film over it. Do the newer models still have that, or no?

Thanks for reading, and hopefully answering :3

2. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    No and no, so, there you have it! If I were you I would've returned it on Day 1.

3. Goofy Time
    OP

United States
    Well, yaknow, thanks to the PSP, I thought LCD blur was common in handhelds, which would explain why I would almost always go for emulation.

The DS has awful emulation at the moment, so I'll just shell out some money for a better experience with it.

My original DS, albeit with no backlight has none of the issues I mentioned. So uh, thanks for telling me, I shall buy a new one, and hopefully, I'm not screwed with it.

The warranty on my Lite is expired, so I may as well buy a new one, because the warranty costs around $70, no?

That's more than half of what it costs to buy a new Lite.

4. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    Get a Lite and just make sure it's a good one, it's better than the phat in more ways than one.

5. Jasonage

Member Jasonage GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well, you could always buy new parts for cheaper(http://www.dealextreme.com) if you can tell what is causing the problem. Its a risk though, as you might damage the ribbon cable, thus making your DS Lite a very good paperweight.

6. Goofy Time
    OP

United States
    Okay, one final desire needed to confirm my purchase.

If I play games on the phat, and then the lite, and the screen seems to make the image blurrier on the lite on both the top and bottom screens [the brightness is aimed to be around the same level], clearly I have some ghosting issues, yeah?

Also, if anyone has a lite and a phat, could they compare them and see if the differences occur on theirs, as a common occurrence?

I don't want to be shelling out money to get a "fixed" model when it's actually a fully intertwined hardware issue in all versions.

It tends to showcase itself far more commonly in 2D games than 3D, because the 2D graphics are generally clear as crystal.

7. PokemonHaker94

Member PokemonHaker94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get a DS Lite & make shore you have a garante on it

8. Goofy Time
    OP

United States
    Heh, I was thinking it over..I may as well get the one I have sent repaired, or have an all new one mailed to me.

Would Nintendo send me a new one simply for a new bottom screen that would be clearer, or would the refresh rate issue be good enough?