Hacking Thinking of buying a wiiU again. I have a question about softmodding one.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back when I had a wiiU I think you had to buy an e-shop game in order to softmod the wiiU. Do you still need to do that in order to softmod it or has they're been an easier way since? and are there firmwares that you can't softmod that I should know about before buying one?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for haxchi/cbhc, yes, but there's indexiiine, which is like browserhax and mocha. it's almost the same as before. there will be aroma at some point to where you don't have to buy a ds game, but I don't know when that will be released.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually bricked my wiiU before which is why I'm getting a new one. I was going to sell it so I went to format it and couldn't get it working again, it would always throw out an error. So I'm assuming I deleted the NAND or something by accident. I think Haxchi is the one I used before so I'll probably just go with that option.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I just had a thought. If I get a wiiU and do the Haxchi method, i'll have to buy a game from the wiiU's e-shop. I'm gonna be using a different account seperate from my switch account to make the purchase. But it got me wondering; could Nintendo ban my Switch account if they see that I'm using the same credit card to buy the game off of the wiiU e-shop, and somehow know I use that same credit card on my Switch as well? sorry if this is a dumb question but it has me a little concerned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up