Thinking of buying a Wii U had some questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by koname, Nov 23, 2015.

1. koname
    OP

koname Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    United States
    I had some questions before I buy a wii u that is hackable.

How would I go about updating games and downloading dlc?

Also after reading it seems like an SD card is the only way to store games and external is not possible. I think this true?

Would I be able to access the e-shop still? I probably won't do this since I don't want to get my Wii u detected and banned (even though I couldn't find any evidence of someone getting banned yet better to be safe then sorry.)

I hear the wii u updates automatically even if its off? Can i just put fake internet connections on it so it can't access the internet if I intend to just use it as a offline system. (

Also lastly does anyone know the firmware of the smash/splatoon wii u console combo?

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Antarctica
    Read the sticky at the top, definitive guide.. It has all your answers.

3. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    If you have got a bit powerful computer, absolutely dont buy a wii u because wii emulator released ( ı know, its still experimental but first playable game is shovel knight, huge progress :))

4. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    That's not good advice unless you're willing to wait for a VERY long time.
    Look at Citra. It's made lots of progress, but still can't play Pokemon Y.

bartekowca666, nxwing and mech like this.
  5. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    You are right but cemu' s progress too better than citra 's progress because wii u ' s architecht hackable... :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice