Thinking of buying a Wii U had some questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by koname, Nov 23, 2015.

1. koname
    OP

koname Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    United States
    I had some questions before I buy a wii u that is hackable.

How would I go about updating games and downloading dlc?

Also after reading it seems like an SD card is the only way to store games and external is not possible. I think this true?

Would I be able to access the e-shop still? I probably won't do this since I don't want to get my Wii u detected and banned (even though I couldn't find any evidence of someone getting banned yet better to be safe then sorry.)

I hear the wii u updates automatically even if its off? Can i just put fake internet connections on it so it can't access the internet if I intend to just use it as a offline system. (

Also lastly does anyone know the firmware of the smash/splatoon wii u console combo?

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Read the sticky at the top, definitive guide.. It has all your answers.

3. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    If you have got a bit powerful computer, absolutely dont buy a wii u because wii emulator released ( ı know, its still experimental but first playable game is shovel knight, huge progress :))

4. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    That's not good advice unless you're willing to wait for a VERY long time.
    Look at Citra. It's made lots of progress, but still can't play Pokemon Y.

bartekowca666, nxwing and mech like this.
  5. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    You are right but cemu' s progress too better than citra 's progress because wii u ' s architecht hackable... :)