Hardware Thinking of buying a 3DS

Valatros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking at buying a 3DS, and am inevitably going to want a flashcart of some sort. From what I was reading I want an old 3DS on 4.5 or earlier, but then there's mention of this Sky3DS flashcart which doesn't give a flip.

I want to be able to run homebrew (the homebrew dslibris means my 2ds is STILL in action), use action replay codes (or their equivalent), and run commercial game dumps, if possible.

I don't mind having to only have one game dump on my flashcart at a time, which some quick skimming suggests is a possibility, nor do I particularly care if it can connect online. It would be nice, but not critical.

Any and all suggestions to achieve this would be appreciated. I'm sure some reading could get me the answers, but I just don't have the time to read the text-book worth of information when I only need to use a paragraphs summary worth, these days.

Thanks,

-Valatros

aureate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking at buying a 3DS, and am inevitably going to want a flashcart of some sort. From what I was reading I want an old 3DS on 4.5 or earlier, but then there's mention of this Sky3DS flashcart which doesn't give a flip.

I want to be able to run homebrew (the homebrew dslibris means my 2ds is STILL in action), use action replay codes (or their equivalent), and run commercial game dumps, if possible.

I don't mind having to only have one game dump on my flashcart at a time, which some quick skimming suggests is a possibility, nor do I particularly care if it can connect online. It would be nice, but not critical.

Any and all suggestions to achieve this would be appreciated. I'm sure some reading could get me the answers, but I just don't have the time to read the text-book worth of information when I only need to use a paragraphs summary worth, these days.

Thanks,

-Valatros
You don't want Sky3DS because it can't play homebrew. The Gateway is your only real option here. It doesn't do cheat codes, yet (afaik, never really looked into it) But you can use some homebrew and commercial ROMs.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you buy now. If OP waits, Nintendo might start shipping consoles with 9.3/4.
I don't think that's gonna happen, a simple glance at the date on the box of the console should do the trick. All consoles til now are bellow 9.3. The highest firmware version I've seen was 8.1 and that's with the ssb version since it requires it. There's a 95% chance he'll get something below 9.3.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't want Sky3DS because it can't play homebrew. The Gateway is your only real option here. It doesn't do cheat codes, yet (afaik, never really looked into it) But you can use some homebrew and commercial ROMs.
I thought you could use homebrew with a sky3ds by loading up cubic ninja through it and using ninjax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality