gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gents,

So years ago I put a WiiKey Fusion in my Wii for the primary purpose of playing Game Cube stuff (it was nice to have a bunch of stuff to load off the SD card). Now with the introduction of DIOS MIOS and Devolution it seems unnecessary, so I am contemplating taking it out. I am a USB Loader GX user and it seems like MOST of the stuff I try loads ok with DIOS MIOS (I have yet to go through my entire library). Any reason to leave the chip there? Something I'd be missing out on?

Cheers

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DM and devolution both do have some compatibility issues, naturally. Is having it installed causing any problems or headaches? If not, I'd be tempted to just say to hell with it, and leave it in :P

Of course, if you're running into issues and you think the wiikey might be contributing, it might not be a bad idea to look into compatibility of any prospective GCN games you might have yet to cross off your list, and then take it out. But, that's just me.

gamecaptor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No real big problems aside from when using some tools like CleanRip for example (but even then I can get around that with my external drive). Honestly it's more of a cosmetic change then anything.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I suppose its just a matter of whether there's anything you'd play that would need the wiikey. I know some 2 disc games, for example, have issues with DM (I haven't used devolution, because my wii no longer has a disc drive, so I can't comment on that). Probably a minor issue, if any. Sometimes changes for the sake of changing are good things.

gamecaptor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I probably need to spend more time with DM, see if it really is everything I want. I know the one thing that Devolution can do that DM or the WiiKey can't is stream the audio for Star Fox Adventure, the one game I really want to play as I missed it the first go around.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I probably need to spend more time with DM, see if it really is everything I want. I know the one thing that Devolution can do that DM or the WiiKey can't is stream the audio for Star Fox Adventure, the one game I really want to play as I missed it the first go around.
Yeah, I've read that's the biggest breakthrough of devolution, audio streaming. Fortunately for me, not a lot of titles require it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY