Gaming Thinking about doing a Kid Icarus tournament

megavoltaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been playing the game now for hours on end, getting through solo mode, killing everyone in together mode, and so on. However, I've had a craving to put the skills I (and others) have developed since the game's release to the test. If enough people are down for it, I'd like to make a tournament for the game. I'm not sure what prize the winner will get, but I did think of the rules for it, in case you want to place some input on how the tournament will go

Rules
  • Single Elimination Swiss Tournament
  • Light vs. Dark is the game type
  • Contestants will be organized by teams (yes, you can have a team name)
  • Each team will have a team leader, who will be responsible for hosting games and exchanging friend codes with other team leaders
  • Macthes will last for the default 5 mins on a random stage
  • All weapons and powers are allowed (unless there are people already complaining about certain powers and weapons, address them in the thread)
  • Best 2 out of 3 matches
If enough peeps sign up for it, I'll try my best to organize this shindig. If you have a team already you'd like to sign up for, the team leader can sign up at http://challonge.com...gnup/ymufnxsykf

If you want to find people to make a team, use this thread

For the time this will go down, I wanna say next Saturday at around 3:00 PM EST, but if you guys have a better idea, let me know

EDIT: OMG, I can't believe so many people are psyched for the tournament, its gonna be amazing! Before we start tomorrow, don't forget to post your team leader's FC on this spreadsheet, it will allow for easy matchmaking. https://docs.google....zJ40b6FoGM/edit Also, when I give out the first set of rounds, I need to set some rules:
  1. The person on the top of the round listing (you'll know what I mean when I post the bracket) is in charge of making the game
  2. ALL OPTIONS ARE ON DEFAULT!!!!!!
  3. When you make the game, don't forget to allow players friends to join to (This allows for a more organized FC exchange, rather than exchaning all their FCs)
  4. If a team member is not present, a CPU will be used. As for the level, refer to #2
Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I am the best with:

Swords
Bows
Claws
Cannons
Those flying things orbs or orbitons?

Bolded are my best trained(I can handle them), I need a new sword ._. I still use a power: 150 samurai sword ;P

@megavoltic: can I be in two teams? The team I joined a few hours ago and my own team? :P just in case it would be fun to have my own team.(I WILL NEVER BETRAY HeroUnion!!)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DarkLangin What will you do if the two teams have to fight each other? Abandon one of them?
I wanna join too, though I'll need a team. I'm not that good and usually use random weapons, but I think my best weapon is a 270 power Crystal Bow.

Reactions: 1 person

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DarkLangin What will you do if the two teams have to fight each other? Abandon one of them?
I wanna join too, though I'll need a team. I'm not that good and usually use random weapons, but I think my best weapon is a 270 power Crystal Bow.

That is a problem I can solve say hello to my little brother who also has the game! ;P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

That is a problem I can solve say hello to my little brother who also has the game! ;P

Haha, I'm the only guy in my house with a 3DS. Hey, since you're from the Netherlands as well, how should we deal with time zones? I really can't schedule any fights at 2AM or whatever, and it seems the rest of the guys here are from the USA.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe we should make it ranking-based instead of Single Elimination? With SE you might get kicked out in the first round, but with a points based scoring system everyone will get to play the same number of matches. Plus, you'll be able to have a proper second and third place. With Elimination the second best team could lose the very first round from the best team.
Oh, and 2PM EST is fine, that's 8 PM here.

megavoltaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should make it ranking-based instead of Single Elimination? With SE you might get kicked out in the first round, but with a points based scoring system everyone will get to play the same number of matches. Plus, you'll be able to have a proper second and third place. With Elimination the second best team could lose the very first round from the best team.
Oh, and 2PM EST is fine, that's 8 PM here.

You know, I thought about that, but didn't think people would like that. Ok, I'll work on changing the format.

megavoltaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am the best with:

Swords
Bows
Claws
Cannons
Those flying things orbs or orbitons?

Bolded are my best trained(I can handle them), I need a new sword ._. I still use a power: 150 samurai sword ;P

@megavoltic: can I be in two teams? The team I joined a few hours ago and my own team? :P just in case it would be fun to have my own team.(I WILL NEVER BETRAY HeroUnion!!)

I'm going to allow it, since it's not really a prize tournament and I can't see who is in what team, but if I do more tournaments, I'll have to disallow it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol