Hacking Think I've Bought x2 Fake 2i from 0shipping.

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered them last week and they left from Hong Kong today.

Ordered from 0shipping and according the picture they display....

http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-2i-pi-319I.html

... it's a clone.

That is I assume so after reading this...

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=410

...or rather seeing this...

http://gbatemp.net/pix/111084/PKGCOMP.jpg

I'm a bit pissed off TBH. The reason I ordered x2 of these is because I have x2 absolute crap R4Ultra clones that refuse to run anything.

Wish I'd seen this before ordering.
Maybe I will be lucky and get originals.

How troublesome are clones of the 2i ?

chillerbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They even cal there old acekards 2i clones they might just be old stock
I brought one from china new acekard stock then I ordered one from the uk it came with the old chip on the front runs fine and updateed no problems

There still might be a chance you get what you paid for

-Marco23-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if Acekard 2.1 is different but i've bought an acekard 2.1 from shoptemp and the box is little.

This is a real Acekard

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i bought another acekard 2i recently. mine came in the smaller box, correct sticker everything, but it has the old chip in it.
probably just means they're old stock. It works perfectly, updates, runs everything you chuck at it.
you'll be fine mate, 0shipping is a respectable site. no worries.

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay.

Thanks for replying guys, that certainly helps put my mind at ease
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it would be nice if someone could post the HWID if their "old stock" acekard so that we can check against the list of known Hardware IDs. you can get the HWID from the "help" section of akaio. as for 0shippingzone, the last i talked to them they were ordering directly from acekard. they are a good company and would not sell you a clone on purpose. try the new akaio on it and see if it works, if it does, its not a clone. we are pretty well aware of all the clones and have them blocked in akaio. as for the r4ultra (it was designed, built, and supported by team acekard) there is a 1-off build of akaio 1.8.1 that works on it done by normmatt and smiths. you can find it on the r4ultra website. there are no plans for furture updates and the 1.8.1 build was by team acekards request.

most of the contact issues occured when they took out the actel chip. that chip provided just enough to push the acekard contacts towards the pin. it could be that they have no way to fix the contact issue and simply started a run of the older design. i'll ask around and see if i can find out anything but they haven't been responding to e-mails much the past year.

-another world

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
it would be nice if someone could post the HWID if their "old stock" acekard so that we can check against the list of known Hardware IDs. you can get the HWID from the "help" section of akaio. as for 0shippingzone, the last i talked to them they were ordering directly from acekard. they are a good company and would not sell you a clone on purpose. try the new akaio on it and see if it works, if it does, its not a clone. we are pretty well aware of all the clones and have them blocked in akaio. as for the r4ultra (it was designed, built, and supported by team acekard) there is a 1-off build of akaio 1.8.1 that works on it done by normmatt and smiths. you can find it on the r4ultra website. there are no plans for furture updates and the 1.8.1 build was by team acekards request.

most of the contact issues occured when they took out the actel chip. that chip provided just enough to push the acekard contacts towards the pin. it could be that they have no way to fix the contact issue and simply started a run of the older design. i'll ask around and see if i can find out anything but they haven't been responding to e-mails much the past year.

-another world

I've got an old stock Acekard that I got a while ago. HWID 44, SVN 994. It's real.

Personally I hope that they're bringing back the Actel's, though it might be against the common conception that we seem to have that chips sticking out are bad, it actually is the solution to all of the contact issues Acekards are pretty much notorious for.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The contact issue is because they use superglue to hold the board to plastic, it is very cheap and economical but can produce failures after it is out of the manufacturing plant. In cold temperatures, superglue can become brittle and snap allowing for the PCB to float around inside the plastic shell. The PCB has a smaller footprint than the inside of the shell so contact points can either not touch the correct connector or the PCB can make the neighbor contact touch the wrong connector instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol