Hacking OH GOD! I think I just bought a fake Acekard 2i. :'(

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I just got an Acekard 2i and I think it's a fake/clone, but here are some thinks I noticed for you guys to help me, please! (Using DS Lite, AKAIO 1.6RC1 firmware)

- I can feel something (a chip?) behind the sticker glued in the front of cart, won't take the sticker out due to warranty, duh. Some says this thing means my card is a clone, but...

- It appears as "Acekard 2i" in the DS Menu, and I think clones are reported to appear as "Acekard 2", no "i".

- Boot and play just fine, from what I hear fakes don't run the latest firmware/akaio.

I'm really confused... :S

Oh, and what's the difference between Acekard 2i and Acekard RPG, because the skin that comes with the latest official firmware have a "Acekard RPG" and now I don't know what is what.

k34nc9.jpg

sz95rn.jpg

jzcklk.jpg

2ldi04.jpg

Oone last thing, why this "DSi Compatible" space comes empty? At least mine was empty, lol.

Lots of question, I know, but Tempers will help me, OH GOD THEY WILL!

Rigthy? Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thiago Kotaki May said:
Ok, I just got an Acekard 2i and I think it's a fake/clone, but here are some thinks I noticed for you guys to help me, please! (Using DS Lite, AKAIO 1.6RC1 firmware)If it runs AKAIO 1.6RC1 - it's not a clone

QUOTE said:
I can feel something (a chip?) behind the sticker glued in the front of cart, won't take the sticker out due to warranty, duh. Some says this thing means my card is a clone, but...Despite whats said on Acekard site:OLDER stock of Acekard2i have a [Actel] protruding chip - I should know I got one of the Acekards2i when they first came out

QUOTE said:
Oh, and what's the difference between Acekard 2i and Acekard RPG, because the skin that comes with the latest official firmware have a "Acekard RPG" and now I don't know what is what.
The 'skin' is just an 'all-purpose' skin made by Acekard, they just couldn't be bothered to make identical skins up - one with 'acekard r.p.g', one with 'acekard 2i' etc etc

One last thing, why this "DSi Compatible" space comes empty? At least mine was empty, lol.
IIRC mine actually came in a box also without a card reader - but I think it was a case of 're-using older packaging' - the Acekard 2 came in similar packaging & included a Card reader that fitted into the 'DSi' space
acekard2.gif

So instead of paying for newer packaging without the space - they just used 'old packaging' & stuck a DSi sticker on it

Hope this clears up some of your questions

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
alhp9e.jpg

"AKAIO v1.6 HW 44 SVN 803"

Bad quality, sorry!

And thanks everyone for all these quick replies! YAY GBATEMP! Just one last question, theres any chance my (old batch) Acekard becoming unsupported for Akaio or official firmwares?

@Cannon, there's a God, thank you very much, sir.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't I hear that the Acekard team split and the people that split off are still making them with the old chip? New card but built same as the old so it can still run Akaio 1.6. I thought I read that here.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Didn't I hear that the Acekard team split and the people that split off are still making them with the old chip? New card but built same as the old so it can still run Akaio 1.6. I thought I read that here.
Don't know where you heard that because it's not true.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Pliskron said:
I just told you where I heard that...dip shit

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I was taking about. No idea if it's true or not.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206800&st=0

We had so many complaints since Acekard posted the pictures of fake Acekard 2i. Here is what we found. Of course, Acekard never came out to clear everything out. We don't know what happened internally within them.

What happened?
The team broke up. Some of them left and started using the original Actel design to manufacture Acekard 2i. The ones they produced came with 1.4 pre-loaded.

Why everyone was selling this version instead of the non-Actel version?
At that point, that was the only version worked. The non-Actel version had problem patching for the 1.4.

How to tell?
From outside, you could feel the chip by touching the front for the Actel chip.

How about the HWID?
The Actel one has HWID of 80 while the non-Actel one has HWID of 81. When you try to patch it, you will see HWID of 8080 or 8181 instead.

Do the Actel ones work?
Yes, they do work with Acekard firmware and AKAIO.

Are the Actel ones fake?
It depends on how you see it. The Actel one was from the original design, but was manufactured by a group who are no longer with Acekard. The group who has control over the Acekard web site can claim whatever they want to since they control the site.

How come my Actel one doesn't work?
The defective rate of Acekard is very high. Chances are you had a defective one. It does not mean you had a fake one. Again, it depends on how you define it. From the group who controls the web site, they are. But, if that applies, whoever owns the old one from the past has a fake one now by the definition.

What are you going to do with the Actel ones?
We think they are real in terms of functionality and compatibility. However, to avoid the issue of being accused selling fakes, we are getting the non-Actel ones from our supplier. We should have them later this week. We still have some of the Actel ones in stock. We do not think there are anything wrong with them. If you prefer to have the non-Actel ones, please wait till next week when we have them in stock.

Can I replace my Actel one with a non-Actel one?
Absolutely. If you don't feel comfortable with it. Open a support ticket with us. We will get it replaced.

We don't know about the ones from DX are real or fake or the same as us. We do know what we have and we do care about the issue. For those of you who purchased Ak2i from us, sorry about the confusion and trouble. Without Acekard replying to our email to them, without being able to purchase directly from them, we do not have too much control over the issue. We had to trust our suppliers and so far they had been very reliable. We learned about the problem internally at Acekard from them as well.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a legit card, because I own the exact same one, which was purchased right when they were first released. I love the contact guards on the back, main reason I bought it at the time.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Livin in a box said:
Pliskron said:
I just told you where I heard that...dip shit
Where on this forum...You don't have to say that and get all defensive.

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bough my acekard the other month (2i) from realhotstuff, and it also had the chip that sticks out a little

but I run akaio just fine, so it's legit, maybe you got one of the old batches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters