Think I'm starting to see why everyone's leaving.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
to quote Guild McCommunist
QUOTE said:
I mean, we do thrive on people going to GBAtemp, seeing the ShopTemp thing, and buying shit off ShopTemp. We get more users when Pokemon comes around, we get more views on ShopTemp.
Well say on shoptemp that this cart works with pokemon black and white and you get insta buys =D

sstomouth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is leaving for DS-Scene. At least it doesn't flood like that here
dry.gif

[/troll]

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp is constantly evolving. That evolution is bound to cause problems with older member who hate change. Long-time members forget was it was like to be a noob themselves and can become pretty set in their ways. Yes, new members (noobs) can be irritating with all their questions and lack of search skills, but new members are what fuel any website. I'd also like to think that many noobs won't be noobs forever, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

We also have to remember the wide age range of members on the site....there are many young kids here, and many members who's first language is not English, as well as many older members. Generation gaps, cultural differences, etc. abound and that can create quite a bit of animosity. We have many different cultures and lifestyles all trying to communicate with each other, there are bound to be problems with someone being offended (or even disgusted) by something someone else said or does. It's gonna happen, there's no surefire way around it. You just have to deal with it as it happens, and when certain things that offend you persist, you have to just "let it go" and let people be who they are and try not to judge everyone based on your own beliefs.

People are going to leave for any number of reasons. Whether of their own volition or because they got banned for breaking the rules or whatever. Let them go. It's their decision to do whatever they want to do. But GBAtemp has new members flowing in all the time, the userbase will eventually revitalize itself as long as the staff does their job to control issues as best we can.

It is my feeling that many who "rage-quit" weren't really great members anyway if they're going to get all worked up over some issue and won't just let it go, maybe they need to leave. If they can't play within the rules of the site, maybe they should go. To me, saying "I quit" is like burning a bridge, why the hell would anyone do that? I don't know, but people do it all the time. I just "let it go" and continue on with my own pursuits.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I don't reccomend people (who I meet from other forums) come here anymore because soo many regular tempers complain about helping noobs and/or are just rude to noobs
Give me a thread that shows what you are talking about.
Now, the Layton Unwound Future thread for example, a lot are so stoked to get the rom. N00bs keep on asking for "hints" and spam the release thread if it is already dumped non-stop. They get the warning, what is rude with that?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well is it is close to the Flood, so I don't think any regular wants to be on at that time, I more than likely won't be on during the flood.
Last time I was on during a flood, the noobs were being assholes to me because I am gay or my avatar/signature, you name it, they were being jerks about it.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
GBAtemp is constantly evolving. That evolution is bound to cause problems with older member who hate change. Long-time members forget was it was like to be a noob themselves and can become pretty set in their ways. Yes, new members (noobs) can be irritating with all their questions and lack of search skills, but new members are what fuel any website. I'd also like to think that many noobs won't be noobs forever, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

We also have to remember the wide age range of members on the site....there are many young kids here, and many members who's first language is not English, as well as many older members. Generation gaps, cultural differences, etc. abound and that can create quite a bit of animosity. We have many different cultures and lifestyles all trying to communicate with each other, there are bound to be problems with someone being offended (or even disgusted) by something someone else said or does. It's gonna happen, there's no surefire way around it. You just have to deal with it as it happens, and when certain things that offend you persist, you have to just "let it go" and let people be who they are and try not to judge everyone based on your own beliefs.

People are going to leave for any number of reasons. Whether of their own volition or because they got banned for breaking the rules or whatever. Let them go. It's their decision to do whatever they want to do. But GBAtemp has new members flowing in all the time, the userbase will eventually revitalize itself as long as the staff does their job to control issues as best we can.

It is my feeling that many who "rage-quit" weren't really great members anyway if they're going to get all worked up over some issue and won't just let it go, maybe they need to leave. If they can't play within the rules of the site, maybe they should go. To me, saying "I quit" is like burning a bridge, why the hell would anyone do that? I don't know, but people do it all the time. I just "let it go" and continue on with my own pursuits.
World of warcraft have the exact same problem.... XD
and i'm not leaving the temp, only logged in as hiden. and i'm currently sharpening my daggers, throwing knife, ordering a new even darker black cape and some pizza and then hide from the dark poké'wave.

EDIT:

QUOTE(A Gay Little Cat Boy @ Sep 13 2010, 02:30 PM) Well is it is close to the Flood, so I don't think any regular wants to be on at that time, I more than likely won't be on during the flood.
Last time I was on during a flood, the noobs were being assholes to me because I am gay or my avatar/signature, you name it, they were being jerks about it.
if you ever have problem with them again tell me, and i will assassinate them silent but brutal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE