Gaming Things you wish would've been released for 3ds

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a game, but a feature I wish the 3DS had: Built in Rumble. Perhaps the 3DS would have to be slightly larger to accomodate for it, but given that DS games could rumble with a cart the side of a GBA game, surely such a feature wouldn't have taken up too much space inside of the 3DS. Not the biggest of deals, but it was a nice feature that I always wished the 3DS had built into it, or at the very least some sort of adapter that connects to the 3DS and communicates via the infrared port to give forced feedback for compatible games.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not a game, but a feature I wish the 3DS had: Built in Rumble. Perhaps the 3DS would have to be slightly larger to accomodate for it, but given that DS games could rumble with a cart the side of a GBA game, surely such a feature wouldn't have taken up too much space inside of the 3DS. Not the biggest of deals, but it was a nice feature that I always wished the 3DS had built into it, or at the very least some sort of adapter that connects to the 3DS and communicates via the infrared port to give forced feedback for compatible games.
really, a smarthphone "rumble" thing is very small, it could fit a 3DS
BUT it seems tat they killed this feature in portables because is said that it can damage the console, or at least get some flats out of the place?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still dissapointed that Zaxxon didn't feature in Sega's "3D classics" range... especially as it was one of the titles mentioned on a leaked list that surfaced back when they were releasing their 3d classics on a regular basis.
...It didn't even feature as a hidden unlockable on any of the Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives cartridges.

Reactions: BetterDuck

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really, a smarthphone "rumble" thing is very small, it could fit a 3DS
BUT it seems tat they killed this feature in portables because is said that it can damage the console, or at least get some flats out of the place?

I could see how it might potentially damage a console especially with the rumble being built into the unit right next to all the other hardware that makes the 3DS what it is and not instead just next to the components of an individual controller. Anytime Nintendo has done rumble for a handheld, it has been through an external means, for GBC games, the rumble was built right into the game cartridge (I had Pokemon Pinball, and i loved the rumble that game gave), with GBA games, you could only get rumble if you played the compatible games on Gameboy Player and the rumble would be delivered through the Gamecube controller. And the DS had the rumble cartridge that went into the GBA slot. But they all had a solution of some sort that worked well enough. If it has to be an external solution to avoid damaging the hardware, then surely they could make a grip with rumble built into it that clips onto the back of your 3DS (kind of like the circle pad pro) that communicates with the infrared port (Also like the circle pad pro) and then games could send rumble signals to the grip. Its kind of weird that they had rumble solutions for Nintendo handheld games going back to the Game Boy Color, but for whatever reason, the 3DS itself has no rumble solution and consequently no games with rumble.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I could see how it might potentially damage a console especially with the rumble being built into the unit right next to all the other hardware that makes the 3DS what it is and not instead just next to the components of an individual controller. Anytime Nintendo has done rumble for a handheld, it has been through an external means, for GBC games, the rumble was built right into the game cartridge (I had Pokemon Pinball, and i loved the rumble that game gave), with GBA games, you could only get rumble if you played the compatible games on Gameboy Player and the rumble would be delivered through the Gamecube controller. And the DS had the rumble cartridge that went into the GBA slot. But they all had a solution of some sort that worked well enough. If it has to be an external solution to avoid damaging the hardware, then surely they could make a grip with rumble built into it that clips onto the back of your 3DS (kind of like the circle pad pro) that communicates with the infrared port (Also like the circle pad pro) and then games could send rumble signals to the grip. Its kind of weird that they had rumble solutions for Nintendo handheld games going back to the Game Boy Color, but for whatever reason, the 3DS itself has no rumble solution and consequently no games with rumble.
it damage because it rumble XD do you know some consoles that just stop working with a little ffal, because of something get out the place, this could happen with the 3DS how I know it inside, gb, gbc and gba were more a huge board , only the screen (exept gbc that it was soldered on the board as well) where to connect ... now 3DS have a lot of flat and connect/plug stuff.
The humble being on the grip isn't a solution because it also would make the console rumble ...

Like, when a cellphone is placed on a table and it starts rumbling and it " walk" because of this XD the rumble on 3DS could make loose the components connections :unsure:

but don't take me wrong, I also would love an rumble feature! but I'm aware, by the way the components are now, it could give problems...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it damage because it rumble XD do you know some consoles that just stop working with a little ffal, because of something get out the place, this could happen with the 3DS how I know it inside, gb, gbc and gba were more a huge board , only the screen (exept gbc that it was soldered on the board as well) where to connect ... now 3DS have a lot of flat and connect/plug stuff.
The humble being on the grip isn't a solution because it also would make the console rumble ...

Like, when a cellphone is placed on a table and it starts rumbling and it " walk" because of this XD the rumble on 3DS could make loose the components connections :unsure:

but don't take me wrong, I also would love an rumble feature! but I'm aware, by the way the components are now, it could give problems...

Nah, the system itself rumbling really wouldn't be of much concern, if the rumble were right next to the components physically with no barrier between them, then I could see that potentially as being of concern.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mega man legends
anything not a turn based japanese RPG
anything not in 2.5d
more open world, sandboxed games like full 3d mario ,zelda , metroid

definitely more 3d NES classics , they should have given away an original NES zelda 3d classic for the 25th anniversary and maybe an adventures of link 3d classic too

a playable kid icarus game without retarded controls

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I wish they released metroid prime trilogy, so sad one of the best looking 3ds games was launched in the early years (re revelations) Ubisoft, ea, square enix as others left behind the 3ds, home console games on that handheld would have been great, even grand theft auto San Andreas for the 3ds, what about the cancelled games like saint row or Assassin creed, the ds had call of duty and mortal kombat, at least the switch could have 7 gen ports as well the Wii u did, the 3ds has a great library of games but not the best one imo

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The missing localizations of Level-5 games sequels, Puyo² Tetris, a Final Fantasy VI 3DS (like the IV DS for example) and some other unlocalized titles.

Like the ReDigitize we missed?

Yep!

I'll never understand why they don't made a english version of this game.

I would be happy even with a Digimon World remake (1 or 2).

Reactions: AyanamiRei

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A good version of Pokemon Sun and Moon ;O;
GTA (Chinatown wars was the DS!)
Undertale.
More Open world RPGs.
More Metroidvania games
More GBA games
More Dungeon Crawlers

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: BetterDuck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.