Things you recently bought or got

D

Deleted_171835

Bought a Kindle + blue leather case

aZiIwdd.jpg

been awhile since i actually bothered reading a book on my own time, definitely worth the purchase. and the e-ink screen is glorious.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bought another Raspberry Pi 2 today for my older bro's girlfriend. She was looking a media player that can stream stuff from some UPNP server they had set up and she took a looking to the Raspy Pi I had sitting my living room.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought quite a few things since I last posted (a month and a half ago), so prepare for a mega post! Note that these aren't particularly in order of purchase:
  • Demon's Souls (PS3)- I started playing Dark Souls, but a couple hours in, and I couldn't force myself to play it before the original game that it succeeds. Really fun game, so far.
  • Tales of Xillia (PS3)- $15 at Walmart. I've played a little of Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS, but have no other real experience with the series. Pretty fun so far, and definitely a more interesting battle system than most JRPGs I've played.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (360)- $15 at Walmart. After a lifetime of avoiding GTA due to disinterest, I figured the time had finally come to give the series a shot. It's pretty fun so far, and the cinematic presentation is actually quite a bit better than I expected.
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3)- I rather liked the first game on 360, so I figured to buy the sequel on PS3, so I could actually play the online component (I don't have gold). However, I absolutely hate the fact that the aim and fire buttons are mapped to L1/R1, with no option to change it L2/R2. Seriously, why are full button mappings not a thing in video games? I don't care about the online mode THAT much, so I seriously might take it back to GameStop and exchange for the 360 version, before the 7 day return policy runs out.
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3)- $10 at Walmart. I tried the PS2 version a couple years back, and couldn't stand how juvenile the story felt, and how poorly paced the gameplay felt. But I'm a bit more open-minded about gaming than I used to be, so I figured I'd give it another shot. A couple hours in, I still think the presentation and voice acting is laughably bad, but let's see where it takes me.
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U eShop)- Yes, I already had it for the 3DS. No, I don't care. I really wanted to play a Zelda II/Metroid/Castlevania-like game, and really wanted to play on the big screen, for some reason. :P
  • Shovel Knight (PSN)- Yes, I already had this on 3DS, Wii U, and Steam. No, I don't care. I'm absolutely obsessed with this game.
  • La-Mulana EX (Vita)- Looked like a cool Metroidvania, so I picked it up when it was on sale. Unfortunately, My PS Vita memory card unexpectedly died (I only had it for 6 months... dafuq?), so I won't be playing it for a while. :(
  • Zombie Incident (3DS eShop)- I don't always impulse buy games, but when I do, they're only $1.25 and at least remotely resemble Metroidvania titles.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Wii U VC)- I already have the Wii VC version, so upgrading to the Wii U version was only a couple dollars. Why not?
  • Bayonetta DLC for Anarchy Reigns (PS3)- You guys probably know I love Bayonetta. Of course I bought this! :P
  • Ryu, Roy, Lucas, and Dream Land 64 DLC for Super Smash Bros. (3DS/Wii U)- I couldn't care less about the mii fighter costumes, so I didn't bother getting the big bundle, but I did get the "cross-buy" bundles for the characters and stages.
  • Yoshi Amiibo (Super Smash Bros. version)- The addiction begins! And what better way to start than with my Smash 4 main?
  • Yoshi Amiibo (Mario series version)- In case you can't tell, I love Yoshi. I can't wait for the Yarn Yoshi amiibo!
  • Matinee movie ticket to see Jurassic World- The movie is pretty much a gritty reboot of Super Mario World. :P
  • Food- SO MUCH FOOD!
Okay, I think that's everything. Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

Last edited by TripleSMoon,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nother Fivestar bluetooth speaker.
Cigarette dispensor in the shape of a bottle, that's me bf's bday gift from me c:
And.. the horrible news that me car is going RIP in a month.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't actually shared anything that I purchased in here recently, so I guess I'll give a small update:

- Bought the character DLC and stage DLC for SSB 3DS. Screw the Mii stuff.
- Bought Hatsune Miku Project Dive F 2nd and Freedom Wars for my Vita for less than $30 total
- Just this morning I won an auction for FFX Vita for $17.50. I still had X-2 due to the whole digital download only thing, and I sold FFX after I beat it before for frustrating me. I'm willing to give it another go knowing what I'm doing though. I probably could have just bought a full bundle and sold off the X-2 code, but I'm lazy.
- Tales of Graces F became mine courtesy of the Big in Japan sale going on with EU PSN. It was only about $11 after currency conversion and such. I beat it once before from my roommate's copy and really enjoyed it, so I thought it was worth a purchase.
- Spec Ops: The Line for my PS3 because it was only $4
- Yakuza 4 because it was only $6 (I haven't started it yet)

That's all I can think of. I should really beat a game at some point. I'm closest with Spec Ops, so I'll probably finish that soon enough. The gameplay kind of blows, but the story is good, so I'd say I got my $4 worth.

Last edited by Nathan Drake,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii experts at your service we can Abracadaba anything made by Nintendo for your piracy needs
    +1
    Now your playing with power!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guys five unmarked black vans with red letters just pulled up at my house :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ancientboi called FBI on you. You better flush your stash.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, been lazy. Been inside playing games for last few days, too hot outside, was 97 degrees F today. It was so hot outside, I seen a dog chasing a cat, and they both were walking.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fallout4, pubg, Starfield, Forza, Still wakes the Deep, just to name a few
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's just ancientboi left me his laptop
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Who are/ were they?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Who are/ were they?