Hacking Things that need to be worked on for WiiGator Backuploader Delta

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok hopefully the mods will sticky this but I'm making this for the sake of giving WiiGator and his crew something to work with when it comes to a list of things to improve on. This thread isnt for off the wall request so let's try to be realistic and NO BITCHING at wiigator and crew... The loader will be done when its done.

1) GameCube Disc support. We are SOOOO close. Seriously, I can stick in my GameCube backup and the banner will recognize it as a GameCube game, obviously, were close and this should be the FIRST thing started on. if you dont believe me about the banner recognizing your GameCube backups then try it
smile.gif

2) A more permanent rebooter. I know that CSM is being worked on but just in case it doesnt get released before Delta I think that WiiGator should work on a more permanent solution to his awesome rebooter.

3) Support for wireless nunchucks... maybe it's just my nunchuck but the Nyko, Kama Nunchuck doesn't work so well. I would be glad to send this baby off for testing If WiiGator would like to use it for that purpose. being that this wireless nunchuck is widely sold I think that this should definitely be worked on
smile.gif

4) Rock Band peripherals. Having to use another channel just to play Rock Band is NOT COOL.

5) Not that it's a big deal because most of the games work but I guess a better cIos?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LightyKD said:
Ok hopefully the mods will sticky this but I'm making this for the sake of giving WiiGator and his crew something to work with when it comes to a list of things to improve on. This thread isnt for off the wall request so let's try to be realistic and NO BITCHING at wiigator and crew... The loader will be done when its done.

1) GameCube Disc support. We are SOOOO close. Seriously, I can stick in my GameCube backup and the banner will recognize it as a GameCube game, obviously, were close and this should be the FIRST thing started on. if you dont believe me about the banner recognizing your GameCube backups then try it
smile.gif

2) A more permanent rebooter. I know that CSM is being worked on but just in case it doesnt get released before Delta I think that WiiGator should work on a more permanent solution to his awesome rebooter.

3) Support for wireless nunchucks... maybe it's just my nunchuck but the Nyko, Kama Nunchuck doesn't work so well. I would be glad to send this baby off for testing If WiiGator would like to use it for that purpose. being that this wireless nunchuck is widely sold I think that this should definitely be worked on
smile.gif

4) Rock Band peripherals. Having to use another channel just to play Rock Band is NOT COOL.

5) Not that it's a big deal because most of the games work but I guess a better cIos?

1) you really don't know how this works and how difficult this one is, do you?

2) Running from HBC or a channel is still very easy *edit: i think the rebooter is a functionality from Gecko OS

3) it's your nunchuck messing around

4) If you would understand how this works, you would know that you don't need another channel for this. The SoftChip team is working at individual config files for games which will include the IOS to use too

5) hmm, there are still a few games not working and there is room for improvement as you can't for example eject the disc while playing and reinsert it. But the other 4 points are important???

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
once again about the nunchuks... i have a competition pro wireless nunchuk that works flawlessly with gamma. so i think that its just the dodgy nyko brand.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nyko wireless is problems for me too. It works great on some games, flakey on others, and not at all on others. I just chalk it up to being a cheap piece of Wiicrap.
I don't remember what game it was, but I'm positive I was playing a game with the Loader 0.1 that the original worked with the Nyko and the backup didn't. But since they have all played find with the wired nunchuck and both backup loaders I just figure it's crappy I/O routines in the firmware inside the NYKO transmitter/receiver.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
The Nyko wireless is problems for me too. It works great on some games, flakey on others, and not at all on others. I just chalk it up to being a cheap piece of Wiicrap.
I don't remember what game it was, but I'm positive I was playing a game with the Loader 0.1 that the original worked with the Nyko and the backup didn't. But since they have all played find with the wired nunchuck and both backup loaders I just figure it's crappy I/O routines in the firmware inside the NYKO transmitter/receiver.

I totally get what you're saying!!! On Twilight Princess the thing works perfectly. When I play Castlevania Judgement or Brawl, left and right on the analog stick gets wonky and the characters like to "dash" instead of walk. In Mario Galaxy, Mario loves to walk to the right.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Jizmo said:

I totally get what you're saying!!! On Twilight Princess the thing works perfectly. When I play Castlevania Judgement or Brawl, left and right on the analog stick gets wonky and the characters like to "dash" instead of walk. In Mario Galaxy, Mario loves to walk to the right.

I hope we can agree that it's not something that the coders should be wasting their time on though............

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
LightyKD said:
Jizmo said:

I hope we can agree that it's not something that the coders should be wasting their time on though............

...well its not uber priority on my list

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
well wiigator did not say anything about this loader in his site, blog or even this post ... the only thing i want to know if wiigator is working on another loader( please awser me wiigator)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll say that if they could like install a bit torrent inside the launcher, so instead of DL on my PC and then burn the .iso, just playing it from the seeds of the torrent, what da ya think???
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~