OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the official "I found a Wii thread." We're not interested in the people who already have a Wii from the launch day, we are interested in people who find a Wii on the second shipment. So if you find one, post what time you found it, what store it was, city and state too if you want, and if there was a line or if you noticed how quickly they were being sold.

The intention if this thread is to let the rest of us know where to go the moment they hit. Personally I'll be pestering several Walmart stores in my area late at night to see if any shipments come in during the wee hours of the morning and I'll be sure to share the wealth if I find out.

Caydr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been hassling my local Wal-Mart every hour... I spoke to the manager and she actually seemed knowledgeable about the console and the situation, and said that they (wal mart as a whole) have requested more shipments but haven't been given a date yet. All they know is that it'll be "before christmas" :|

That said, there will be very little warning when they do arrive. Apparently they ship by courier and they basically get a call 30 minutes before it arrives at the store to let them know it's coming.

I'm thinking about offering a little $$$ for someone who works there to give me a call as soon as they arrive
wink.gif

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm preety sure most stores got it today and are just waiting till black friday

my local fry's said they ordered a shipment the day after launch and it'll be here in a few WEEKS

best buy doesn't know when they're getting anything but they're gonna put it on shelves right when they get it.

but I'm preety sure best buy is lying.

comapro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
today at TRU the employee said 2 weeks.

a friend employee at BB says they've had 50 in stock since wednesday but they won't be released till friday or more likely sunday.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been reported by Gamestop/EB and Bestbuy employees that some stores have gotten up to three smore shipments of Wiis, but are sitting on them until Friday. My Best Buy's answer when I asked? "We don't have any in stock. Dont know when we get the next shipment, it could be a few weeks". A few weeks? Hah! They are such liers.

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hrm, I talked to a local GameStop manager and he said he would be selling the Wii's on Black Friday, they might even open the doors early. He didn't tell me if he got a shipment in, already has one, or is getting one on Friday Night. His PS3 Reserve has 6 more on the list, so doubt you'll be able to buy PS3 from the shelfs yet

sadfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo World here in NYC got a shipment in this morning. I picked one up but they were telling people they weren't guaranteed to get one if they got in line when I was leaving.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My local GameStop told me that they'll have some at 7am on Friday. Don't know what time the mall opens up, but I'll be down there at 5am that morning to wait in line, even at the Mall door entrance if I have to.

Can't wait. Just got to see if I can borrow a DS game from a buddy so I can play while waiting.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My local Gamestop has also told me they will be selling more at 7:00 when they open on Friday as well. I hope you guys enjoy it because I'll be stuck at Staples from 5:00 AM to 3:00 PM
frown.gif

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got my Wii!

Today at Gamestop in the mall. Store didn't open til 7am, mall opened at 5. There were two PS3s and ten Wiis. Manager was smart and when get got there, around 5:30/45ish, he made up ticketed numbers (I was three!) and passed them out so we wouldn't have to stand there.

This one lady was furious when she was sent away, manager told her we've been waiting since 5, and she said that the ad said the store opens at 7am (which it did) and the line should have started then.

First come, first serve. Even if she got there at 7, there would have already been a line.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Boohoo, I want my Wii
cry.gif
And I heard from some guy who called VG+ (where I have preordered mine) that they have a delivery coming in tonight which will miss their outgoing shipping and go out on Monday. Monday & Tuesday they have more coming in, but only a total of 13 confirmed, including today's...

And I'm no. 67 in line
cry.gif

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boohoo, I want my Wii
cry.gif
And I heard from some guy who called VG+ (where I have preordered mine) that they have a delivery coming in tonight which will miss their outgoing shipping and go out on Monday. Monday & Tuesday they have more coming in, but only a total of 13 confirmed, including today's...

And I'm no. 67 in line
cry.gif

When did you pre-order?

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
i spent 13 hours, 7 in line in freezing weather, and i didnt find a wii. at least 11 stores. they said they were restocking today nad everyone i asked always says

'i dont know, check sunday, check monday, check wednasday.
"

should of got my wii sunday

frys had 3 left and i bought a camera instead
sleep.gif
and now its black friday and there no wii and cheap camers.

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine today at a local gamestop, it was one that was completely hidden in a strip mall. I showed up at 4am and was the first person there. They opened at 7 and had 4 Wiis, Twilight, and controllers.

Tips:
FIND A PLACE THAT IS HIDDEN!
DRESS WARM
BRING A CHAIR
BRING YOUR WALLET
BRING YOUR CELL PHONE
BRING A MEANS OF ENTERTAINMENT (although I didn't need one, I think I was lucky)

smile.gif

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got mine today at a local gamestop, it was one that was completely hidden in a strip mall. I showed up at 4am and was the first person there. They opened at 7 and had 4 Wiis, Twilight, and controllers.

Tips:
FIND A PLACE THAT IS HIDDEN!
DRESS WARM
BRING A CHAIR
BRING YOUR WALLET
BRING YOUR CELL PHONE
BRING A MEANS OF ENTERTAINMENT (although I didn't need one, I think I was lucky)

smile.gif

The manager at my local Gamestop passed out tickets, so we didn't have to wait in line.

Plus, the local GS is inside a mall, so the first five don't apply, but I brought my DS. However, I didn't even use it, just shot the breeze with some other gamers, one guy was pretty old, but he was cool.

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you were lucky, the dbag at the gamestop I went to showed up late.

And I had an interesting old guy 2 people behind me too, although he kind of creeped me out. I find it amazing that you didn't need your wallet
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la