There -IS- a Zelda timeline

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have three letters for Myamoto: LOL.
Seriously, now that we KNOW that there is a method to their madness, we can all now rest in piece! ^.^
Speculation can only get you so far. xD

demosthenes2k8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like Memento-they'll alternate between chronological and reverse orders, until they eventually meet in the middle. And once that happens...we'll have the ultimate Zelda game.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Obviously...

But it already was confirmed many years ago (it was Aonuma as well)!!!

So these are not news at all
tongue.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, there is a timeline, and there are different link's in most games (i guess wind waker, phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are the same? right? (not sure at all))

aaand, wasn't zelda 2 a direct sequel to the first? and majoras mask is a direct sequel to ocarina of time.. right?

now, in between all that, these games are "history repeating itself" in many forms. maybe the same ganon in all years, but different "prophets" to ward him off.

smile.gif

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Issac said:
Well, there is a timeline, and there are different link's in most games (i guess wind waker, phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are the same? right? (not sure at all))

smile.gif

no the games are 100-200 years apart (yet the pirates in the game live is not explained, but its far apart

the main thing in zelda is time travel and the alternate timelines created

zelda games follow different timelines just to continue them, like Phantom hourglass and Sprit Tracks and Windwaker, this seems to follow an industrial timeline involving transport

Zelda 1,2 Oracale ages and seasons follow a more magical themed timeline

OOT and MM follow a more twisted timeline where time travel is possible

Twilight Princess and Link to the Past seem to follow more morphic time lines but seem to cross with magic

im sure it will be all linked up one day

most likely in his Will just saying "RELEASE THE TIMELINE"

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Issac said:

aaand, wasn't zelda 2 a direct sequel to the first? and majoras mask is a direct sequel to ocarina of time.. right?

now, in between all that, these games are "history repeating itself" in many forms. maybe the same ganon in all years, but different "prophets" to ward him off.

smile.gif
phantom hourglass is a direct sequel to wind waker, both have the same reincarnaton of link and zelda(tetra)
spirit tracks, although a sequel to phantom hourglass, is not straight after phantom hourglass.
spirit tracks has the next reincarnation of zelda and link.(and it took quite some time for the sea to dry up, the railroad tracks to appear, and new myths to form)

gameboy13

Orange and fluffy since 1995.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
phantom hourglass is a direct sequel to wind waker, both have the same reincarnaton of link and zelda(tetra)
spirit tracks, although a sequel to phantom hourglass, is not straight after phantom hourglass.
spirit tracks has the next reincarnation of zelda and link.(and it took quite some time for the sea to dry up, the railroad tracks to appear, and new myths to form)
Spirit Tracks was approximately 100 years after Phantom Hourglass, if I recall correctly.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never believed in a timeline, but I kind of this he's bluffing so fans continue making more timelines and get some fun trying to figure out this puzzle.

I really hope they never share the real timeline if he is telling the truth.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
Obviously...

But it already was confirmed many years ago (it was Aonuma as well)!!!

So these are not news at all
tongue.gif

I can also support that this was confirmed many many years ago and there are hundreds of timelines people have made up trying to work it out themselves.

The only reason it is confidental is so that they can add games in where they like. For example, put this game inbetween these 2 games, and then make another to go at the beginning.

Each time a Zelda game is released recently, Aonuma has given a little clue to where it fits in the timeline to keep people playing around with their timelines.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BobTheJoeBob said:
Do you have any proof that this was confirmed "many many years ago".Even though you misquoted me (
tongue.gif
), I`ll show you what I mean: Prior to new Zelda games there is usually (always) the discussion about a timeline and always there are several interview with Aonuma or Miyamoto himself giving a vague indication of where the respective title fits in. That happened before every major title in the series, such as WW, TP or now with SS...

Here two examples:

Interview prior to the release of Wind Waker (2002 Game Pro interview):
QUOTE said:
Q: Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?

Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.

Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?

Aonuma: From the end.

Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...

Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.

Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.

Interview prior to the release of Twilight Princess (Interview with nindori.com):
–When does Twilight Princess take place?

Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

–And the Wind Waker?

Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

ykhan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was better off not knowing about this i was quite content playing the games and not questioning its chronological order even more so then i already did.
blink.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol of course there's a timeline but it's 1 of the most fucked up timelines in existence! based on what we've heard on what i know skyward sword should be 100 whatever years after zelda 2 OR before zelda 1 i believe it to be the 1st option. since this game uses time travel it could mean that we could end up with yet another fucking split timeline!
wacko.gif
- head explores -

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hah, yes. The main confirmation was that when Twilight Princess came out, Ocarina of Time split into 2 timelines of parallel dimensions. One where Link returned as a kid, and one where he stayed as an Adult.

The Kid one goes of onto Majora's mask and Twilight Princess 100 years after, the adult ones supposedly goes off into the Wind Waker, as in thie Wind Waker it refers to the Battle in Ocarina of time.

Most places seem to think that all the first 4 Zelda games then come in somewhere after Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword before Ocarina of Time.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
put the games in a triforce triangle then there you got yourself a timeline. Well anyways back on topic. LOL at people who didn't think Zelda had a timeline... I guess no one pays attention to the story of LoZ any more and just hack and slash now huh? If you did pay attention, you would know which zelda game goes to which.
Edit: I think the only Zelda games without a timeline is the gba ones.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
actually the gba ones do fit into it. according to wikia minish cap takes place before Four Swords Adventures and fsa before LTTP.

oracle of ages/seasons and links awakening however don't fit into the timeline they have their own separate timeline or so far they do
tongue.gif

still confused? I know I am
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway