OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
“Yes there is a master timeline but its confidential document!” explains Aunuma-san. “The only people to have access to that document are myself, Mr. Miyamoto and the director of the title. We cant share it with anyone else! I have already talked to Mr. Miyamoto about this so I am comfortable in releasing this information – this title [Skyward Sword] takes place before Ocarina of Time. if I said that a certain title was ‘the first Zelda game’, then that means that we cant ever make a title that takes place before that! So for us to add titles to the series, we have to have a way of putting the titles before or after each other.”

- Eiji Aonuma

Source

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what kind of... wow. Damn Miyamoto. Just because he says it's first doesn't mean he can't go back and make other ones. There's this thing called a 'prequel.'

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So the reason The legend of zelda titles aren't in chronological order is because they wanted to place the later titles before it's predecessor.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I want to see it!
biggrin.gif

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell. I thought each link was supposed to be a different individual, but they were imbued with the power of Link or some shit.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... so, basically, Princess Zelda just has shitty luck with getting kidnapped, Link has a shitty job of having to rescue her, and Gannon is a fucking genius that can DESTROY WORLDS!!! only to be stopped in the end by a sparkly arrow and a few spinning slashes. HASN'T ANYONE LEARNED ANYTHING?!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Hmm... so, basically, Princess Zelda just has shitty luck with getting kidnapped, Link has a shitty job of having to rescue her, and Gannon is a fucking genius that can DESTROY WORLDS!!! only to be stopped in the end by a sparkly arrow and a few spinning slashes. HASN'T ANYONE LEARNED ANYTHING?!

COUGH* Forgot a annoying fairy, and the Bomb bag. COUGH*

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
saxamo said:
What the hell. I thought each link was supposed to be a different individual, but they were imbued with the power of Link or some shit.

That's the case. Look at The Wind Waker. You start the game with the legend of a hero who is actually Link but from distant times. I think that each heroes (Link's) are linked by the power of the Triforce/Excalibur/fate or something like that.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hunter291 said:
miyamoto leaks it xD
I was going to say the same
rofl2.gif

Don't really play Zelda games, but I also thought that having a prequel game would be fine, and not being able to add a game before the 'first' seems like an odd thing to say.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
I don't see how having a timeline means that the Links and Zeldas aren't different people/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)