Homebrew Theme Design - Mono audio only plays on the left channel. Any ways to fix this?

EtiTheSpirit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks.

I've been doing theme design quite a lot as of late but there has been a recurring issue with themes when I export my BGSTM with a mono channel. When exporting BGSTM files in mono, the 3DS only plays them on the left channel. Is there any way to resolve this issue and have it play the same track in both channels?

I did some googling on this for some time and the only threads I could find also related to improper conversion settings, which I am pretty sure isn't my problem, but for the sake of cross-checking, here's the settings I employ. I just hope my inability to find it on google wasn't a side effect of that personalized searching they do, because I'd feel foolish for not finding something so easily accessible:
Application: Looping Audio Converter
Convert to mono: FALSE (* unless the resulting file is too big in stereo)
Sample Rate: 22050Hz
Audio Channel Handling: Put each pair of channels in its own file.

If there's any issues with that, please let me know. I may add here that I don't export the mp3/wav files I convert in mono, I always export them in stereo. Is it a better choice to export my mp3/wav in mono before converting it? Edit: After testing it, I can confirm that exporting the mp3/wav in stereo or mono changes nothing.

Thanks.

Last edited by EtiTheSpirit,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can try exporting to mono before converting, or maybe duplicate the mono channels to make a stereo file. Mono only audio playing only on the left speaker is a pretty common issue with mono audio playing on a stereo setup for many things.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

EtiTheSpirit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try exporting to mono before converting, or maybe duplicate the mono channels to make a stereo file. Mono only audio playing only on the left speaker is a pretty common issue with mono audio playing on a stereo setup for many things.

I attempted the first suggestion (export the mp3 as mono then convert that) and it unfortunately failed. The latter suggestion causes the file to be too big since it has to write the same audio stream twice in the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1