Gaming The worst 3DS games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yoshi's New Island
By all means, not the worst game ever, but the biggest let down for the 3DS. Having a title like Yoshi's Island and the power of the 3DS, I expected something big from it. Instead, we got a game with boring repetitive music, bad level design, horrible sound effects, eh graphics, and slow, broken gameplay that was insultingly easy. Quite possibly the worst Yoshi game yet.

Reactions: Huntereb

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Might just be me, but I find trying to relive my awesome childhood gaming on the SNES, it always ends in tears :cry:

I've probably put more hours into donkey kong country 2 than any other game. Pure and simple awesomeness.

BlackKnight666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Naruto shippuden the new era. I've played naruto sidescrollers before, but this is just stupidly repetitive and boring. Returned it within the hour lol

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I played this game for like an hour and just gave up on it. It seemed like the whole thing would be a slow, repetitive lag through a story-less maze.

It seemed more like they made it purely to cash in on the popularity of Yoshi.

Reactions: BORTZ and Huntereb

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed more like they made it purely to cash in on the popularity of Yoshi.

I have to agree with CtG. I think Shovelware and other low budget titles know they are going to be bad. But when it comes to expectations and well know IPs, this one takes the cake. Full promise with an awful delivery.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
YOUNG. JUSTICE. LEGACY.

No. Guys..
Guys.
Im fucking serious.

Its worse than Superman 64. Worse than ET.
Its THE.WORST.GAME.EVER.MADE.

Im 99% sure it was still in pre alpha and they just ran out of money/time and said fuck it.

Its practically unplayable. Its a disgrace it was ever allowed to be sold. "Nintendo seal of quality" my ass

Heres a review from nintendolife ....

Young Justice: Legacy doesn't try to do a whole lot, but what the game does attempt to do is pulled off with spectacular atrocity. Quite literally everything about the game is terrible, from its shocking technical incompetence to its vacant design. Friends, don't let anyone play, speak of, look at, or ponder the existence of Young Justice: Legacy. Shoot on sight. Bury deep. Curse its grave. Honestly, just thinking about this game makes our blood boil.

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my god I bought some game called FreakyForms off the eShop a while back and what a ****ing load of **** it turned out to be

jesus christ it is so boring and so uninteresting i don't even know what concept they were going for, it's just BAD

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My personal pick: Blazblue Continuum Shift II

On consoles, this game is pretty good. But on the 3DS? Its controls just ruin the experience. You can't even re-configure them to use the circle pad if you wanted. You have to use the tiny D-pad which just isn't very good on the 3DS. This game is meant to be played fast and you just feel sluggish playing it.
And! It is not very well optimized either. Downgraded visuals and lag make it very un-enjoyable. And NO online play. It was a total botch job of a port in a time where the 3DS was just starting out.
Almost word for word my experience of Senran Kagura Burst.

The ads made it seem like a funny pick up, but I was disappointed in it having almost no depth and it's just button mashing till your thumbs are sore... :-/

NVash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project X zone.

What is it supposed to be? A strategy RPG game with a collection of famous characters from games and anime

What is it actually? A collection of famous characters from games and anime.
You know its funny, I was so hype when this game came out but once I played it and got a few chapters in I just plain lost interest. Im glad they kept the Japanese voices though. That was a nice touch.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Trash Pack is definitely deservant of its name. It is by far the worst title of the 50 or so that I've played. The Regular Show is pretty high on my list.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Im 99% sure it was still in pre alpha and they just ran out of money/time and said fuck it.

That's how I feel when writing papers for school.

That being said, I also didn't particularly like the Pushmo series. It just got to be really repetitive, pulling and pushing in blocks constantly. After a while, it was really just rinse-and-repeat. Rather mindless.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow .. we're supposed to mention the worst 3ds game we played and people come up with Kid Icarus, DK, Heroes of Ruins, Pokemon :S You guys must have only played really good games if these are the worst for you :P There are a lot of real terrible terrible games on the 3ds ... less than on the DS but still a lot!

I hated:
Cubic Ninja
Steel Diver
Petz fantasy
Transformers
and many others

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow .. we're supposed to mention the worst 3ds game we played and people come up with Kid Icarus, DK, Heroes of Ruins, Pokemon :S You guys must have only played really good games if these are the worst for you :P There are a lot of real terrible terrible games on the 3ds ... less than on the DS but still a lot!

I hated:
Cubic Ninja
Steel Diver
Petz fantasy
Transformers
and many others
Well, yeah. I know there are far worse games on the 3DS, but I'm not going to pay $40 for something I don't enjoy. Pokemon Y is the one I like the least that I've played on 3DS. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that I only buy games that I'm sure I'll enjoy beforehand. Though, if we're considering demos, I'll throw the Sonic Boom Demo into the mix.

OncRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its probably because developing that game still cost them money, so by releasing it anyway, they are trying to recoup at least something out of sales from uneducated consumers.

This is pretty relevant to your question I think.

ET for the Atari 2600. 'Nuff said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.