Hacking The World Ends With You

nilknarf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone suggested deleting the corrupted .sav file... that worked for me. i was using 3.4fw and the game froze. i upgraded to 3.5 and it still did the same thing. i deleted the .sav file and it works fine now.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
didn't notice i passed the "problem part" yet.
worked fine with me.
soft-reset off(always do this with freezes, crashes, and hardware not responding(like mic not working) )
sandisk 4GB SDHC for 95% full.
started the game the normal way, and i didn't do anything special to get past the problem spots except that i didn't use soft-reset.

Chaorain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOOT! I finally got it to work! Thanks to Massah. I have a m3 ds real firmware V3.6 with a 2GB PQI card. It ALWAYS froze at the movie after the frog fight. I Open ed and closed the DS about once a second from the start of the movie till I got past the hang spot.

kdr4485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been looking around and I don't see anyone with the problem I'm having
ohmy.gif

Basically, whenever I try to fight this specific Pig Noise in the 104 Building area, it starts to go into battle but just stays at the white transition screen, and freezes there never going into battle.

I don't know if the day matters, but it is on Shiki Day 4...trying to get all the pig noise but this is halting my progress!

The entire rest of the game works perfect...I've already beaten the game and going through again to get all the extras.

I have a M3 DS Simply v1.14 and a 2gb Kingston card.

I've tried things like opening and closing the DS and turning off soft reset...basically anything to get it passed this one little thing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

YassoMasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kdr4485 said:
So I've been looking around and I don't see anyone with the problem I'm having
ohmy.gif

Basically, whenever I try to fight this specific Pig Noise in the 104 Building area, it starts to go into battle but just stays at the white transition screen, and freezes there never going into battle.

I don't know if the day matters, but it is on Shiki Day 4...trying to get all the pig noise but this is halting my progress!

The entire rest of the game works perfect...I've already beaten the game and going through again to get all the extras.

I have a M3 DS Simply v1.14 and a 2gb Kingston card.

I've tried things like opening and closing the DS and turning off soft reset...basically anything to get it passed this one little thing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
I can only say you to format the micro SD (however, this topic is only for M3 REAL users)

kdr4485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize at first...I just didn't want to make a new thread.

BUT...I reformatted...and it WORKED! Just wanted to say thank you very much...can't believe I didn't think to do that
ohmy.gif

Chaorain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need to reformat. I would first try de-fragmenting the card. Do this by right clicking the card, properties, tools tab, Defragment now. That should work.

eruvalar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You really shouldn't defragment a flashcard. Flash memory has a limited lifespan as in limited erase/write cycles per unit.
Defragmentation repeatedly copies and erases the same areas of your card for sorting, and by this significantly reduces the lifespan of it.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
massah said:
First, i had a pretty old firmware... the game froze just after I pressed select for the frog battle.
I updated the firmware to 3.4, and tried again. The game this time froze in the first CG, after frog battle, just as the main character and the second guy appears on the screen.
I read people were closing and opening the lid many times during the cutscene... I tried that, and it WORKED!!!
Every second or so I closed and opened the lid.
Now I can finally enjoy this game xD

Hope it works with you guys!

EDIT:
By the way, i also had the soft reset button off, and I started the game with Y. Don't know if it makes a difference.
I've got pretty much exactly the same problems but have not yet got over the 'first CG', even after trying the open/close lid thing.
Using 8GB Sandisk SDHC and 3.7B firmware.
Also have not tried the start game with Y - will post back with results.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like, everything that was suggested, didn't work for me.
So I was frustrated.
I turned on cheats (There were no cheats, but whatever), I turned on softreset, I turned on Slowmotion on lvl5, with the hotkey Y+select or something(dont know the exact combo anymore).
And when the movie started (the one with the blackhat guy) I began to button bash the combo of the slowmotion... And it just came past the blackhat guy
tongue.gif

So for people who still didnt get it to work, try this
smile.gif

ignite339

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in another thread, but this is why it freezes: Low speed media. Get at least a class 4 SDHC card (Kingston, A-Data, etc) and it will work.

D

Deleted User

M3DS Real, Kingston 4 gb class 4 sdhc, fat 16. played for a few hours and no freezes. just to put it out there.

Cronauron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work by updating to 3.7, deleting the old save, and using the open/close trick. I'm using a M3DSReal and a 4gb Sandisk.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update to my post above.
I got it going with basically the open/close lid method.
I did find however that the movie playing after that was stuttering slightly - probably the sign of a slow transfer on the card.
(I have formatted and copied all files back on previously so that won't help)
Perhaps an update to the G6DSR system files might eventually fix this? Who knows.

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine freezes on the video after the frogs too. i got m3ds real with the latest version and an a-data micro sdhc 4gb class 6. tried booting with y. cheats off. soft reset off.

wkndplaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use dslazy to delete data\apl_kit\op1.fds and replace it with op2.fds( that is, creating a copy of op2 and renaming it op1) you can get past the stupid freezing.

setup: M3DS Real FW 3.8, scandisk 1gb microsd, soft reset off,cheats off
- -

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches