Hacking The World Ends With You

WolAnD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
dsrules said:
You could also use a Day2 save file. The only thing you missed is a few seconds of a cutscene.
Yeh, and day 1 with appearing of new characters, battles etc.
QUOTEBut, we want a firmware fix, and not a lame DSLAZY, unpack then repack fix.
No, you are wait for someone to fix rom (maybe with that cutscene from (J) version) and take it out for download.

And in my country "lame" makes some other sense in this situation. It relates to... different object, not DSLAZY of course.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Lame specifically means crippled. Only in slang (american?) does it refer to infered objects from above post.

The open/shut solution worked for me in getting past the opening cutscene freeze. I heard that it freezes again in week 2, although I haven't got that far yet.

WolAnD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Originality said:
The open/shut solution worked for me
Not for me. Maybe because of passcard.
QUOTEI heard that it freezes again in week 2, although I haven't got that far yet.
It's a spoiler(((
If it freezes in cutscene then it can be fixed same way with DSLazy. Anyone else heard about week 2 freeze?

terrencegf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize I'm chiming in a bit late here, but here's what worked for me.

My setup: M3DS Real, Firmware 3.4, SanDisk MicroSDHC 6GB Class 4.
Without soft reboot, game froze during cutscene animation after first frog battle. With soft reboot, game froze upon hitting Select before frog battle.

Using WinXP, I copied all files off the MicroSDHC card to the local hard drive. Then I reformatted the card (as FAT32).
Here's the trick: First copy back SYSTEM folder, then copy NDS folder. Then copy any other folders.

I found out a long time ago that if you copy the NDS folder after other folders (like PDADS or GBA), the main M3Real screen loaded several seconds slower. By copying the NDS folder earlier and turning off soft reboot, I was able to get past the cutscene without freezes. I haven't tried the NDS folder first then SYSTEM, but that may work as well. Regardless, I have always had to reformat to get it to work (i.e. using Drive Sort doesn't help with the speed issue). As always YMMV.

TheColdOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use 3.5 with a 2GB sandisk. It freezes randomly either at the entrance to the frog fight or in the cutscene right after the frog fight. (Glad I use a CycloDS Evolution, but I regret getting the M3DS Real for my girlfriend)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems it the memory stick + cart
everybody who Ive seen who said it freezes at the frog battle said they had a sandisk

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm i hav no problems with my G6 with the new firmware. just dunno if the .0 to .sav actually works or not

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
TheColdOne said:
It just seems like it shouldn't matter what brand the stick is. Unless it's a fake, it should work no matter the brand.
Oh really? Then what brands have you tested that freezes or not freeze. Let see how many brands are there, PNY, Sandisk, Kingston, IPSG, A-data, PQI, Transcend, and more....

massah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY got it to work!
Working on a Kingston (J) 2 Gb.
Here's what I did:
First, i had a pretty old firmware... the game froze just after I pressed select for the frog battle.
I updated the firmware to 3.4, and tried again. The game this time froze in the first CG, after frog battle, just as the main character and the second guy appears on the screen.
I read people were closing and opening the lid many times during the cutscene... I tried that, and it WORKED!!!
Every second or so I closed and opened the lid.
Now I can finally enjoy this game xD

Hope it works with you guys!

EDIT:
By the way, i also had the soft reset button off, and I started the game with Y. Don't know if it makes a difference.

InfinitiProject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soft reset on, doing the open/close method up until the 2 guys cross each other works. Currently on day 2 with no problems at all
smile.gif

Thanks to whoever provided the info about this

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why people are having problems

I havnt any of those problems
no freezing during frog battle, no white screen, ect... :/