The World Ends With You

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Arraso, Apr 16, 2008.

1. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    For those people who are complaining about FREEZES, are you guys using AR cheats?

2. setsunahq

setsunahq Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2008
    Malaysia
    R4, 1gb, soft reset off, no problem here, just reached my first save point

3. Seastars

Seastars Advanced Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Worked perfectly fine for me so far (only on Day 02), M3DS Real with 2gb J Kingston SD

4. nwong

nwong Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    welll im not using M3 but G6 and M3 r kinda the same [​IMG]
    well i get the game frozen when i enter battle. It works fine if i just run the game through (mycard>nds>(the game)) but if i enter it normally like where i can choose if i wanna softreset or not it will freeze. even if the cheats r off and softreset is off

5. flanker22

flanker22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    its possible that this game is memory card speed sensitive kinda like castlevania.

6. nwong

nwong Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    eh? lol

7. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    What firmware and settings are you using?
    I tested the game on 2 different memory cards, one 512mb microsd and one 4gb microSDHC using firmware 3.4X.
    1. Both will freeze (2 white screen after press SELECT before going into battle with the frogs) if either Cheats or SoftRest is ON.
    2. IF both Cheats and SoftReset is OFF:
    a. on the 512MB Microsd, the game will FREEZE during the Animation Video after escape from the Frogs
    b. everything seems fine on the 4gb Microsdhc, just beaten Day 1.

8. nwong

nwong Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    yeh mine freezes at the white screen after pressing select as well. [​IMG]

9. warmijwilfaain

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    For me, it freezes during the video after the frogs with Neku and some other guy.
    Gonna try the audio swap, apparently that works.

10. g6team

g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Using 3.4

11. Xuio

Xuio GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2007
    Poland
    Something is wrong, if so many ppl have problems with it.

12. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    It's not that many people, in proportion, really ... a lot of people reckon it's to do with the memory cards some people use, for instance ... there's quite a few theories ...

13. Nottulys

Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2008
    United States
    HDCA
    Mine freezes during the cutscene after the Frog battle also... what is this audio swapping you speak of? How do I manage that?

14. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    Thanks, but you didn't mention what settings you were using? Cheat function ON or OFF, SoftReset ON or OFF?
    Like I said, the game freezes on slow and fast memory cards when either Cheats is ON or SoftReset is ON
    and ONLY freeze on slow memory cards when both Cheats and SoftReset are OFF in Day 1.

btw, I'm using 3.4X E version

15. ZoolTheTool

ZoolTheTool Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2008
    United States
    Hi just thought I'd register real quick to say it's happening to me to. Sometimes it hangs just after I press Select to start the frog battle and sometimes it hangs during the cutscene after the frog battle. I'm using a Sandisk 4GB SDHC Micro. I've tried both with and without the soft reset key on and off. I don't use the cheats ever. So if it's happening with a lot of people my guess is it's something to do with the M3 firmwire or something. I might try a lower version than M3 3.4, can anyone tell me where to get the lower versions? Thanks.

16. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
  17. moo422

moo422 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    Canada
    I've formatted a Sandisk 1GB, but still experiencing the freeze before/after the frog scene, depending on the softreset setting.

Specs are 3.4 firmware, Sound-Swapped (both SOUNDS and ADX files), no cheats, no softreset, no [Y] DownloadPlay.

Using a save file from Day 2 circumvents the freeze, but I suppose you miss out on a tiny bit of the story.

18. Xuio

Xuio GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2007
    Poland
    My M3Real freezes after the famous frog fight on 6gb sandisk (class 4) with softreset+cheats turned off :-( I even defragment my microSD card - without luck.

19. ZoolTheTool

ZoolTheTool Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2008
    United States
    Yes dsrules, I just tried it again to confirm it does hang if I turn SoftReset OFF. It hanged just now on the cutscene this time just as you see the main character run past this guy with a skull on his black hat. I haven't tried formating the Sandisk 4GB SDHC Micro yet but I thought I didn't need to because it was brand new.

20. nwong

nwong Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    mine freezes as soon as i press select [​IMG] stupid white screens >.>

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted