The World Ends With You Issue

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by rednano12, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rednano12
    OP

rednano12 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    The CycloDS is a great flashcart, but fails on two of my games. I beat , but when I try and replay the mission for the first day, it hangs infinitely on the intro vid (but it didn't when I first played it...). On Chrono Trigger, I am at the very beginning of the game, and after the girl gets sucked into the blue hole, I jump in, and get stuck with a video that loops on and on and on...

2. Cactuar

Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    California
    Hm that is strange, I don't get either of those issues. I've got a older A-Data 4GB SDHC card in my CycloDS.

3. Slyde1052

Slyde1052 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey
    First problem :Turn off your battery saver

Second prob: That's the copy protection, bypass it with the AR code or DL cyclo's newest FW.

4. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    This game has no copy protection its just a fluke it causes the game to freeze. I fixed this issue on the AK2 and AKRPG SD a few months ago. I haven't tried the ARDS code but they should work.

5. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
    Firmware version?

Update it if its not 1.54

6. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    He's referring to Chrono Trigger, which does have a problem caused by anti-piracy protection. You got to update your firmware man!
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5078

For TWEWY, do try turning off Battery Saver mode. If that does not fix it, then reformat your MicroSD.

7. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    TWEWY first cut scene freezes on all flashcards with microsd less than 2gb? microsdhc should work fine.

8. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Not necessarily. Only slow flash cards will freeze during that cutscene. The Cyclo should not have a problem unless Battery Saver mode is on.

9. DrkXShadowZ

DrkXShadowZ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2009
    United States
    TWEWY's intro can still freeze up on microSDHC cards. My Sandisk 8 GB microSDHC is proof, unfortunately...