Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated the article with the actual video:

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/12/28/the-wii-officially-hacked/

It's 700+MB.
cry.gif

Coming to YouTube soon. Can't wait to watch and can't wait to see what comes down the pipeline in the next few months/quarters.

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States

flubboOor

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there is a "Lightning Talk" with the topic "Console Hacking: State of the Wii" by Ben Byer+others

on

Day#4, Sun, 17:15--19:30, Room#3
this ist central european time i think

and there is a live stream:

mms://streaming-internet.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/saal3
mms://81.163.6.120/saal3

so have fun ... i will be there live

sure there have to be a proof of concept but if Felix introduce this guy and the hack i think it will work ...

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
with this they might be able to create a boot disk that will boot up iso's no mod chip needed

if what they say is true ....
Are you sure? Well, if so, it would be like in the Dreamcast days (not sure if it's a good thing, though... this sort of "too easy" hacking could really hurt the console sales, which mean less quality games... hum...).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possible sure but it could just as easily be that keys are stored in the lead in to the disc in such a manner that a standard drive can not write to them: you still need a chip in one form or another to dupe the drive in the first place or at least write a hacked/new firmware to it.

Also boot disk: swap magic gaboumafou?

kiwibonga

Trophies
Website
www.kiwibonga.com
XP
Country
France
No, they won't be able to make a boot disc; without a mod chip, the wii will recognize the media as a DVDR and reject it no matter what.

What I'm wondering is whether the devkitpro people will stand behind this... I'm thinking they might have to let pirate device manufacturers use the magical encryption codes so that they don't have to include legally questionable stuff into their software...

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Are you sure? Well, if so, it would be like in the Dreamcast days (not sure if it's a good thing, though... this sort of "too easy" hacking could really hurt the console sales, which mean even more of less quality games... hum...)

Fixed!

Dont get me wrong, i only have a Wii from this generation and i absolutely love it, but omg.. we are getting soooo much trash..

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
with this they might be able to create a boot disk that will boot up iso's no mod chip needed

if what they say is true ....

Are you sure? Well, if so, it would be like in the Dreamcast days (not sure if it's a good thing, though... this sort of "too easy" hacking could really hurt the console sales, which mean less quality games... hum...).

no hacking wouldnt hurt console sales but it will hurt software sales

but GOOD games will still make money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol