Gaming The Wii is nearing its death.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hate RPGs, so, I guess after MW3 I just have to play the same games over and over again until WII U is launched, cheaper and crackable...

seeing the list of games you like and play on wiinnertag, dont you think you would be more happy with a console like the x360?

Maybe, but the x360 will be deprecated in a couple of years. And I´m used to play using the wiimote and will be very difficult to go back to any classic controller, right now.
Besides, in my country, all HD consoles are still very expensive to buy...

yea, you're right, to play FPS games with the Wiimote is much better, its as precise as playing with a mouse(if not more).
About the prices in Portugal I didn't know, you have a special Tax on it?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate RPGs, so, I guess after MW3 I just have to play the same games over and over again until WII U is launched, cheaper and crackable...

seeing the list of games you like and play on wiinnertag, dont you think you would be more happy with a console like the x360?

Maybe, but the x360 will be deprecated in a couple of years. And I´m used to play using the wiimote and will be very difficult to go back to any classic controller, right now.

yea, you're right, to play FPS games with the Wiimote is much better, its as precise as playing with a mouse(if not more).
That's one reason why I love the Conduit games. It's so precise.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

That's one reason why I love the Conduit games. It's so precise.

I still prefer mouse but.... let seeeeee.... 13+ years with mouse and keyboard, ~4 months with Wiimote.... Hm wonder why I feel more home with mouse and keyboard?
Anyway, the Wiimote is in a completely different league compared to those damn controlsticks.

I am way too shaky on hand to get the same stability with the wiimote as with a mouse though.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Nope! We have lower salaries comparing to German :)

A recent wii game costs 60€. The minimum wage in Portugal is 450€... To expensive...

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Nope! We have lower salaries comparing to German :)

A recent wii game costs 60€. The minimum wage in Portugal is 450€... To expensive...

hm, Stupid that M$ and others dont make it cheaper than, but I have to say, you get a 4GB Xbox360 for 150€ over here.
Its not much more than a Wii (130€ for sports or Mario kart pack), or is a Wii so much cheaper in Portugal?
Im just asking out of curiosity, if its bothering you, no need to answer :)

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
150€ is the price for the new wii with mario and sonic.
You can have an x360 for 200, 250, 300€ depending the model
And I think the cheapest ps3 is being sold at 300€.

Like I said, way to expensive to buy a new console or games nowadays...

No offence taken, since I know how my fellow country mates are (and how imature and irresponsible) and I´m sure they will buy lots of consoles this Christmas, even if we are living hard times as you may have heard...

SilentSinr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually was just thinking this exact thing...Wii U is supposed to be out around March 2012...and if you look at gamefaqs release date list for wii...around April/May is when games stop coming out. I bought a Wii Motion Plus just for Zelda, I think it should definitely be worth the $11 dollars I paid. I don't think I will be making any more purchases for the console though because of it being so close to death. I will continue to enjoy emulators on it, but as for new games it doesn't look very good.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sooner or later someone would have brought this up. It looks like the Wii is finally about to die. After everyone's done with Skyward Sword, the Wii will practically be reduced to a small, worthless, white box. The Wii U is coming out soon so there's no need to worry, but I still feel bad about my Wii....
happy little fella aren't you...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do people call a console "dead" if there aren't any upcoming grade A titles anymore? It's not like the wii itself is going to explode or something.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll always keep my Wii just for Tiger Woods. But there's plenty of good reasons to keep it as my secondary console... on that note I also don't plan to get a Wii U.

While the WiiU will be 100% backwards compatible with the Wii, I will still keep my Wii for GC compability. At least untill (if) GC games will be available as virtual console.

Although, The Wii doesnt really do me much good in terms of GC backups, since I got the dreaded D3 drive >_<

I wont be gettign a WiiU untill it has a big game library with good games and a strong homebrew scene though.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a Wii on launch and i bought me a new one yesterday, cause it has some games that i surely will keep playing for a while.

JossyHadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
150€ is the price for the new wii with mario and sonic.
You can have an x360 for 200, 250, 300€ depending the model
And I think the cheapest ps3 is being sold at 300€.

Like I said, way to expensive to buy a new console or games nowadays...

No offence taken, since I know how my fellow country mates are (and how imature and irresponsible) and I´m sure they will buy lots of consoles this Christmas, even if we are living hard times as you may have heard...

spending is actually helping your economy...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol