Gaming The Wii is nearing its death.

Arkangelyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't expect the wii to survive for 1-2 years after the release of the Wii U. I mean, IMO the Wii was already dead before Skyward Sword came around. SS is like a final salute to the Wii

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will last sometime.
The wii will live through the wii u when it is dead.
One wii drought and it deem it is dead already. Gosh...

Um... the people who are like I won't get it until it hack. Not only would it be likely not to happen for a while, but you are as well falsely telling devs
we didn't support this console or game. (If it is enough people with that mindset.)

I wonder how devs will balance the wiimotes and umotes?

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
150€ is the price for the new wii with mario and sonic.
You can have an x360 for 200, 250, 300€ depending the model
And I think the cheapest ps3 is being sold at 300€.

Like I said, way to expensive to buy a new console or games nowadays...

No offence taken, since I know how my fellow country mates are (and how imature and irresponsible) and I´m sure they will buy lots of consoles this Christmas, even if we are living hard times as you may have heard...

spending is actually helping your economy...

Yes it is. And then, by the end of the month, when all money in my account is none I get to eat what? My new and shinny PS3?

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's all about perspective, because as long as my Wii can run the Just Dance games, my girlfriend is going to keep it alive for a long time...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
developers dont seem to like making sequels anymore. imagine dkcr 2, nsmbw 2 and so on.

i wish this would happen but i see this ending like the ps2 is now. gets a couple big name titles like sports games rest are all wii u.

heres to HBC on wiiu! good luck TT.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, times like this I'm glad I hacked the Wii;

Programs like Snes9xGx, FceuGX, Wii64, WiiSX, CFG USB Loader, WiiMC and Wii Mednafen are all awesome. Being able to use these programs made the risks of bricking during the hackmii installation worth it. Heck, I even went as far as to disable region locking and forced system/ games disc updates so I can play the games NOA is asinine enough not to release. Hackers do what Nintendon't want to do.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I play the majority of my Wii games on my PC. I don't think a system ever really dies. Just that the elite hardcore gamers stop bi7ching about piracy and give the community some needed relief.

Lets face it, we ALL (people over the age of twenty five) have used a SNES emulator at some point. Maybe the system itself will disappear, but the games will live for ever. Even the bad ones. No system ever dies completely. Unfortunately...

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Lets face it, we ALL (people over the age of twenty five) have used a SNES emulator at some point. Maybe the system itself will disappear, but the games will live for ever. Even the bad ones. No system ever dies completely. Unfortunately...

Oi, Im only 23 and have played SNES emu a lot, same with NES! I grew up with those 2 consoles :P
Now Im played SNES and NES on my cellphone^^

Also, why unfortunately? Imagine if the SNES would disappear completely along with its games, we could never play ALttP again!

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im looking forward to

the last story
Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Feaver
Pandora's tower
Dragon Quest X
Mario Part 9

I also got a huge backlog of about 200 wii games still to play that should hold me over till the wiiu launches next fall

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play the majority of my Wii games on my PC. I don't think a system ever really dies. Just that the elite hardcore gamers stop bi7ching about piracy and give the community some needed relief.

Ah man. I can't stop laughing how you say ALL, then classify it as people over 25, when there's only a few people ehre who are over 18.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm 30. I grew up NES. I didn't play much SNES or even genesis, but my all time favorite game is Super Metroid. There have been a few hacks of the game which bring back the glory of that game with a fresh new playability, and there are even some uncompleted projects of hacks of Super metroid that will probably never be completed, but I can pley that game and it's hacks and never get bored. I personally rate it as the best game in history.

The wii is great and all, but it is certainly at the end of it's life cycle and I won't feel bad to say goodbye to the wii once the wiiu gets hacked for homebrew... if that ever happens.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Oi, Im only 23 and have played SNES emu a lot, same with NES! I grew up with those 2 consoles :P
Now Im played SNES and NES on my cellphone^^

Also, why unfortunately? Imagine if the SNES would disappear completely along with its games, we could never play ALttP again!
Umm, Nintendo re-released it on GBA a long time ago and GBA ain't going anywhere for a long time. I'm excited for the WiiU but I'll always love the Wii and it will be my DvD player and my PS3 will always be my Blue Ray player. Even if they stop making games all the utilities that hackers have made make this console never obsolete for me :D

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
but my all time favorite game is Super Metroid. There have been a few hacks of the game which bring back the glory of that game with a fresh new playability,
where can you get these?
Google is your best friend. :D

j/k. I quickly googled it but could not find it on a quick search. There are many hacks of it, but the one that I remember the most was 'Super Metroid Redesign' and 'Super Metroid Alliance' which is still unfinished and probably will never be finished. I know there are MANY hacks, but it's been years since I downloaded them so I forget where I got them. The only thing that sticks in my mind is Zophars domain... but that might not be where I got the hacks... it's been way to long.

Send me a PM if you want, and I will send you the IPL files or whatever the hell they were that had that uncopyrighted changed data.

Off of my memory, there was also 'Super Metroid Impossible' which was a hack that you needed to be a supreme player and know all the glitches and strange abilities for it to be beaten without cheats (I got 20 minutes into it before giving up).

I'm not sure if this LINK is allowed here since it is only a link to a page and not an actual file, but either way hopefully you will grab it before it gets deleted. And I'm pretty sure Super Metroid has been claimed as abandoned ware, so if that is the case then this should be completely legal.

Here is another LINK that may have some useful info, but certainly no chance of copyrighted data.

Like I said, it's been a long time since I've looked into this and I already have my completed roms so I haven't had to search for a while. But I play Super Metroid Redesign at least once a year, and now that I can play it on my android phone and use my wiimote with it, I am in happy land. People look at me funny using a wiimote to play a game and having a small phone sit on my knee while I'm at Chuckie Cheese kinda watchin my kids :D

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm, Nintendo re-released it on GBA a long time ago and GBA ain't going anywhere for a long time.

Damn youre right, forgot about that.
But the point was that if the console and its games would just disappear, there would be a lot of good games gone. There is no "unfortunately" with the consoles never really dying.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

There are a few relatively unknown consoles that somehow got emulators. It's heresy to speak their names. aLttP is also on the GBA. I prefer the GBA version to be honest, Right now my current SNES game is Illusions of Gaia. I plan to play Mario RPG next. I'm waiting for FF6 to be ported to the DS/3DS before I play it the whole way through. I'm hoping the 3DS gets hacked because I want to see what awesome N64 and PS1 emulator the community will make using the 3D screens.

Regarding the Wii. It'll probably stay around for a while. At least till the Wii U gets hacked. I emulate it at 1080p on my PC along with PS2 games so I don't bother with my real consoles anymore. I also don't need homebrew since the PC is the ultimate homebrew machine. Plus dolphin can run ciso and wad files directly now. Why chance bricking a wii when I can be 100% safe on the pc?

No, there was plenty missing in the GBA version.

What's missing? Besides doing the dungeons out of order for the Cane to make the other dungeons easy as pie. Speaking of which, I got the 3ds zelda bundle and I was pi$sed when I found out they removed getting the golden scale early glitch. I'm also unable to perform the the glide and the sword and sign glitch. Kind of a downer. I'm going to try getting the Oasis early glitch but it isn't looking promising.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm also one of those guys who plan to keep their Wii for a long time, even though I plan to pick up a Wii U possibly on launch day.
And the reason it's very simple: CFG.
Until somebody will come up with a way to hack the Wii U, I plan on actually buy the games this time around, but only the ones I really like and deserving .
I'll keep my Wii and I will play all the games I didn't come around to play and finish just yet ( a lot ! ) in between Wii U major releases.
Also the Wii it's non bad as an emulator box ( now that I gave up my gaming PC ), just today I had some fun installing WiiUAE and enjoyed some classic Amiga games.
Also VERY important detail, my Wii is also hard chipped with a Wiikey, meaning that I'm able to play every Game Cube games I can get my hands on trouble free.
Yes, my Wii is long from dead and will stick around for years, I'm pretty sure !

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if this LINK is allowed here since it is only a link to a page and not an actual file, but either way hopefully you will grab it before it gets deleted. And I'm pretty sure Super Metroid has been claimed as abandoned ware, so if that is the case then this should be completely legal.
where the hell have i been that i don't know about this shit? :creep:
theres a Headered and un-Headered download whats the difference?

But I play Super Metroid Redesign at least once a year, and now that I can play it on my android phone and use my wiimote with it, I am in happy land. People look at me funny using a wiimote to play a game and having a small phone sit on my knee while I'm at Chuckie Cheese kinda watchin my kids

good to know theres emus for droid cos i want to get a tablet someday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)