The Walking Dead [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Dog spoke! :O

Now he has only 6 more lines left in the season. I'm on the edge of my seat!

Also AMC is absolutely terrible with keeping spoilers as, you know, SPOILERS. Every ad for Breaking Bad spoils the fourth season finale. Every preview of the next season spoils a gigantic plot point.

Keep it in your pants AMC, this isn't prom night.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada

Also AMC is absolutely terrible with keeping spoilers as, you know, SPOILERS. Every ad for Breaking Bad spoils the fourth season finale. Every preview of the next season spoils a gigantic plot point.

I think someone needs to teach AMC about spoiler tags. :lol:

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think someone needs to teach AMC about spoiler tags. :lol:

I think AMC assumes that people who watch their channel...watch their shows. Can you really spoil something your audience has already seen?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think AMC assumes that people who watch their channel...watch their shows. Can you really spoil something your audience has already seen?

AMC also shows like, you know, movies. That's what they originally did. It sucks to be watching Highlander only to have "SPOILER ALERT" pop up and ruin the entire series. Also it's a kinda piss poor way of attracting more people to the show. "Did Breaking Bad interest you? Well Gustavo dies in the season four finale! Have fun fuckface!"

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

AMC also shows like, you know, movies. That's what they originally did. It sucks to be watching Highlander only to have "SPOILER ALERT" pop up and ruin the entire series. Also it's a kinda piss poor way of attracting more people to the show. "Did Breaking Bad interest you? Well
Gustavo dies in the season four finale!
Have fun fuckface!"
And in a twist of irony, you just spoiled it for anyone who might lurking this thread.

:P

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMC also shows like, you know, movies. That's what they originally did. It sucks to be watching Highlander only to have "SPOILER ALERT" pop up and ruin the entire series. Also it's a kinda piss poor way of attracting more people to the show. "Did Breaking Bad interest you? Well
Gustavo dies in the season four finale!
Have fun fuckface!"
And in a twist of irony, you just spoiled it for anyone who might lurking this thread.

:P

I'm only preparing them for what AMC would have done anyway. ;)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Not long now. I honestly can't wait for season 3. Although the characters just seem so different after playing 4 episodes of the game xD.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to watching Season 3 while it's actually airing. Just got around to watching Season 2 the other day, after not having seen it at all when it was originally aired, so I don't want to miss out on the fun again.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to watching Season 3 while it's actually airing. Just got around to watching Season 2 the other day, after not having seen it at all when it was originally aired, so I don't want to miss out on the fun again.
It's not that fun waiting an entire week for the next episode =/

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Man, October is like Walking Dead month!

October 9th: Telltale Games released Episode 4 of their game.
October 11th-14th: Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard and the cast of the TV show are at NY Comic Con right now.
October 14th: Season 3 premiere (tonight).
October 17th: Comic issue #103

Anyone here pumped for the season 3 premiere tonight? I know I am. I'm caught up on all the comics and Telltale Games episodes, I've watched all the Season 2/3 interim webisodes, and I've even read Rise of the Governor (however I don't recommend it; it's absolutely shitty, high school-level writing--I suppose you can read it for supplemental background to the comics, but don't expect Stephen King quality).

My body is ready.

Reactions: 2 people

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I plan to watch it in three hours and eleven minutes. This season is going to be great since I've read it a bit up on the comics.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the episode. Some thoughts spoiled below.

Can't say I was as into this premiere as the others. Season two had a phenomenal two hour premiere, and this really could've benefited from it. They don't even bring up the Governor, Merle, barely show Andrea and Katanarama, and not much exciting happens until the finale when Hershel gets bitten. Also that really fucking sucks. I love Hershel and his Yosemite Sam beard.

Also for any players of the game, Episode 2 PTSD anyone?

But really could've used a two hour premiere and get us more acclimated with the new environment. Show Andrea and Afro Samurai meet the Governor, introduce him, make some more developments in the prison, end with the Hershel plot twist/prison inmates plot twist/maybe Merle if they feel lucky.

Rick is also a much darker character, in fact he talks and acts a lot like Shane now. I guess it's kinda cool to show their desperation and just how second nature the world has become to them. Now they can kill Walkers with a smile on their face.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country

Can't say I was as into this premiere as the others. Season two had a phenomenal two hour premiere, and this really could've benefited from it. They don't even bring up the Governor, Merle, barely show Andrea and Katanarama, and not much exciting happens until the finale when Hershel gets bitten. Also that really fucking sucks. I love Hershel and his Yosemite Sam beard.

But really could've used a two hour premiere and get us more acclimated with the new environment. Show Andrea and Afro Samurai meet the Governor, introduce him, make some more developments in the prison, end with the Hershel plot twist/prison inmates plot twist/maybe Merle if they feel lucky.

Rick is also a much darker character, in fact he talks and acts a lot like Shane now. I guess it's kinda cool to show their desperation and just how second nature the world has become to them. Now they can kill Walkers with a smile on their face.
I'm curious
By Katanarama, do you mean, Michonne (Prounounced Me-Shawn) or something I'm missing/forgetting?
Also, if you've read the comics, TV Hershel suffered the same fate as comic Dale xD
Lastly, Merle will be in the next episode, it was at the end of episode (The next episode preview). You could see him for a split second before it got cut to another scene.
Second Lastly, The Governer doesn't happen at the beginning of the prison story arc, atleast not in the comics, so that's why they didn't bring it up.

Reactions: 1 person

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This episode ended somewhat similarly to the end of the comic issue #13. In fact, with the exception of Herschel's leg getting amputated, this entire episode is pretty much the plot for issue #13.

I like how Carl isn't a little shit anymore and can kill zombies without hesitation. I didn't care much for him in season 2, always following the adults into dangerous situations without permission, stealing guns, almost getting himself killed, indirectly getting Dale killed, etc. And did you notice the little "thing" between him and Beth? In the comic it was Sophia who became his "girlfriend."

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This episode ended somewhat similarly to the end of the comic issue #13. In fact, with the exception of Herschel's leg getting amputated, this entire episode is pretty much the plot for issue #13.

I like how Carl isn't a little shit anymore and can kill zombies without hesitation. I didn't care much for him in season 2, always following the adults into dangerous situations without permission, stealing guns, almost getting himself killed, indirectly getting Dale killed, etc. And did you notice the little "thing" between him and Beth? In the comic it was Sophia who became his "girlfriend."

The thing with Beth is really fucking creepy though. Carl's like how old? And Beth is how old? There looks like a large age gap between them both. I just... ugh. Please don't do this, Walking Dead writers.

EDIT: And @gifi4:

Yeah, I just don't know her name. Personally I think the idea of just having some katana-wielding, zombie carrying chick in what is otherwise supposed to be a realistic zombie show is stupid. I thought it was clever though that they show her using the zombies to carry supplies and stuff but the katana stuff really took me out of my suspension of disbelief. Like chopping someone's head through the skull isn't that easy. It just seems really silly. I know fans love her but, as a "non-fan" who hasn't read the comics, I think she's a bad design choice for the show. The film buff will always outweigh the "appreciation for the source material" guy for me.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada

I loved Hershel too. As soon as I saw the belt come off, I knew what was about to happen. I was like, oh shit he's gonna do it!
Then I was sad. :(

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The thing with Beth is really fucking creepy though. Carl's like how old? And Beth is how old? There looks like a large age gap between them both. I just... ugh. Please don't do this, Walking Dead writers.
I thought the same thing. In the comic he's supposed to be 8 years old. In the show he's much older (13 years old). Beth isn't in the comic as far as I know, but she's 16 on the show.

I guess a biological age difference of 3 years isn't so bad, but at that young of an age, it's a pretty big difference. Since boys develop more slowly than girls, the emotional / physiological (hormonal, etc.) age difference is probably more like 5-6 years.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pleased with this episode, it went by quite quickly although I'm thinking "so what did they do with their vehicles?", I mean those things are highly valuable for their survival and obviously they have fuel which would be quite rare at this point.

And still...the grass is far too short.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...