The Walking Dead [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's still following the comics story and there are the same characters?
I thought it was quite different in the first season, maybe they went back on track.

I liked that s03e01, they all changed their own psychology over the past winter, but we can sense a lot of tension between them now.

I thought it was a guy, I was surprised to see it's a girl.
I'm curious to understand why her zombies are not aggressive, even without arms or mouth they would always try to catch living bodies, but not with these two.

Something I'm not understanding is why don't they transform if they already have the virus in them?
Being hurt, bitten, etc. was what we thought transmitted the virus and caused death/reborn.

What does contains a bite or hurt that they currently don't have in them?

I would like to try the games too. you seems to like it a lot.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Just saw s03e01. Awesome that something finally happens. I really love the effects. Tho I hate the stupidity of the characters. Why waste bullets on zombies which can't reach you and you've got a melee weapon!?

Hopefully this season won't all be played out in the same location.
According to my friends, the magazines were only 1 part in the location. Not 13 whole parts like previous season.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
It's still following the comics story and there are the same characters?
I thought it was quite different in the first season, maybe they went back on track.

I liked that s03e01, they all changed their own psychology over the past winter, but we can sense a lot of tension between them now.

I thought it was a guy, I was surprised to see it's a girl.
I'm curious to understand why her zombies are not aggressive, even without arms or mouth they would always try to catch living bodies, but not with these two.

Something I'm not understanding is why don't they transform if they already have the virus in them?
Being hurt, bitten, etc. was what we thought transmitted the virus and caused death/reborn.

What does contains a bite or hurt that they currently don't have in them?

I would like to try the games too. you seems to like it a lot.
To answer both your questions:
Her zombies are aggressive. It's just rather difficult to emphasize it when they can't do anything...

The reason they don't transform unless bitten, scratched or any death because in order for the idle infection to begin attacking, the bodies immune system needs to be dead. Basically, if the person is severely sick or dead, the infection can then take over. Get what I'm saying? They are all infected but the infection is idle.
It's vaguely explained in the comics (Both questions) somewhere Iirc.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Just saw s03e01. Awesome that something finally happens. I really love the effects. Tho I hate the stupidity of the characters. Why waste bullets on zombies which can't reach you and you've got a melee weapon!?

Hopefully this season won't all be played out in the same location.
According to my friends, the magazines were only 1 part in the location. Not 13 whole parts like previous season.
What what?
I think you mean comics xD
Also, what do they mean by only 1 part? It wasn't 1 comic issue, it would be the equivalent to a season or half at the very least. Trust me, if it follows the comics there is a heap of stuff to come in that area.

~snip~ I'm caught up on all the comics and Telltale Games episodes, I've watched all the Season 2/3 interim webisodes, and I've even read Rise of the Governor (however I don't recommend it; it's absolutely shitty, high school-level writing--I suppose you can read it for supplemental background to the comics, but don't expect Stephen King quality).

My body is ready.
What do you think of the comics, personally I reckon there hasn't been anywhere near as many good issues as there used to be earlier on. Issue 100 wasn't even a shock to me. (I take it you've read it, I'll leave what happens out just incase you haven't) I truly do miss the issues that I would just be on the edge of my seat by the end. Each issue used to indulge me, now I don't even have the incentive to read the issues. I have issues 101 and 102 just waiting to be read.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This episode ended somewhat similarly to the end of the comic issue #13.
so season 3 is issue #13, and we currently have issue 103 released this month?
That's a lot of story covered in 100+ issues if 2 TV seasons only covered ~10 issues.

I don't know if the series will continue with all the comics, but I guess I'll have to find the comics one day if I want to read the full story.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm caught up on all the comics...
What do you think of the comics, personally I reckon there hasn't been anywhere near as many good issues as there used to be earlier on. Issue 100 wasn't even a shock to me. (I take it you've read it, I'll leave what happens out just incase you haven't) I truly do miss the issues that I would just be on the edge of my seat by the end. Each issue used to indulge me, now I don't even have the incentive to read the issues. I have issues 101 and 102 just waiting to be read.
Really? I actually enjoy the comics. I'm pretty excited for #103 tomorrow.
Yes, I know about the end of #100. I'm fully aware that Robert Kirkman isn't afraid to kill anyone off--case in point: Lori and her newborn daughter. Whenever I read the comics, I expect that anyone could die at any moment, even Rick. No one is safe. So I honestly can't say I was shocked about Glenn getting bludgeoned to death, but whether the comic doesn't surprise you or enthrall you anymore, you can't deny that Glenn's death is a huge loss to the group. He was one of my favorite characters because he wasn't an asshole, he just did whatever he could to help out, and he always got the job done. He was a good guy with a good heart, and he didn't allow the end of the world to take his humanity away from him. He's been there since the very beginning (issue #2, I think). So it's going to be weird to see how the story progresses without him. The double-death of Lori and her baby was shocking, but neither Lori nor the baby had any major part in the story so I got over it quickly. If anything, I think Lori made more of an impact on the story after she died (because of how it affected Rick and Carl, their perspectives and their development as characters).

This episode ended somewhat similarly to the end of the comic issue #13.
so season 3 is issue #13, and we currently have issue 103 released this month?
That's a lot of story covered in 100+ issues if 2 TV seasons only covered ~10 issues.

I don't know if the series will continue with all the comics, but I guess I'll have to find the comics one day if I want to read the full story.
Well, I wouldn't say that the show necessarily follows the comic plot perfectly. The show added some plot points that aren't in the comic at all. For example:
Merle and Daryl aren't in the comic. The whole plot point with Merle getting left at the top of the building, cutting his own hand off and escaping while the group try to rescue him was written exclusively for the TV show.

And the story arc about Sophia going missing, the group spending almost the entire season looking for her, and finally finding her zombified in the barn, never happens in the comic. In fact, Sophia is very much alive in the comic, even now. She's a little messed up in the head, though.
But I agree with you that they could keep the show going for a long time. They have plenty of material to draw on from the comics. Every 6 issues equals one story arc, so if they produced one season for the show for each story arc, that's 103 / 6 = about 17 seasons' worth of episodes. Even if they squeezed 2 story arcs (12 issues' worth of comics) into one season, they'd still get at least 8 years' worth of shows, which is still a very good run. And they can always create new story arcs for the show and get more seasons from those (season 2 is a perfect example of that). As long as the TV-exclusive story arcs don't become useless "fillers," I'm totally fine with it (though they could've done a better job with season 2 and made it more fast-paced).

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Just watched the video. It was good. Thankfully, things progressed pretty quickly so we won't be stuck on long boring arcs like in Season 2 (searching for Sophia...).

Sending Hershel was a bad idea. Rick stops Carl from coming but Hershel is fine?

I'm not liking this Carl-Beth relationship angle. I mean, the age difference just makes it weird. I'm not exactly sure how i feel about Daryl and Carol either.

Otherwise, it was a good episode

iAcLp4gF6HZ0U.gif

Maggie.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iAcLp4gF6HZ0U.gif

Maggie.

Is anyone else bothered about the fact that there doesnt seem to be brain contact there?

Also, I'm sure it's been pointed out already, but try to not follow the comics as a guide for the series. There's already been a lot of changes, as well as story compressing (look at what two arcs are being combined into one right now.)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all I have to say is wow after watching that ep

at least they got another black guy to replace t-dog

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all I have to say is wow after watching that ep

at least they got another black guy to replace t-dog

I don't know...
I'm going to miss his once every blue moon line :(
And is it me or... does anyone who disagree with the group tend to... get killed? Dale, Shane(Disagreed about letting the prisoner go), that crazy prisoner who kept trying to kill Rick before getting axed in the head(deserved it), and now T-Dog.

And Lori's death was just terribly depressing.

The entire episode tonight was depressing, but I... guess in a good way? :unsure:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since we haven't really been able to discuss the last two episodes...

Episode 3:
Really thought it was the worst episode of the season. The Governor is painted as stupidly bad for no reason while also being painted as a good guy. Really terrible characterization. Like The Governor takes in Andrea, Michonne, and Merle, but he doesn't even extend the offer to the military guys? I mean they're highly trained, reliable, people with a lot of supplies. The notion that they may want to join the town is far from absurd. Instead he doesn't even offer and kill them if they refuse. He just shoots them. The heads in the jar thing was just bizarre and REALLY dumb. Again, it tries to paint him as stupidly evil for no reason. That he collects heads like some witch doctor or something and just kills people for fun. And the other half of his character is a pretty nice and impressive guy whose able to keep this town secure and running in the middle of the apocalypse. What.

Also Michonne is just annoying. I can understand that she's distrustful and suspicious but she just acts like a bitch when they get free food, clothes, a warm bed, all this nice shit AND is given the offer to leave whenever she wants. The only reason she stays is because of Andrea. And she constantly gives this fucking grumpy face. I really dislike her character and the sword stuff is still completely jarring in terms of suspension of disbelief.

Episode 4:
Admittedly a much stronger episode than the last with some really solid plot twists. I thought it was kinda nice that they brought the inmate Rick essentially pushed into a room of zombies. The deaths were rather surprising too. T-Dog, I had a feeling it would happen this season as his character went completely flat after season one, having no lines, no story arcs, and essentially only filling the role of "generic muscle". Still, his death was rather tragic and how he essentially said it was his final duty to protect Carol was kinda touching.

Laurie's thing was completely surprising but admittedly melodramatic. Like just an incredibly clusterfuck of coincidences. I was waiting for a cavalcade of other shit situations to pile on top. However her death was really surprising, I didn't think they'd kill her off this early and it's nice to see that the show still keeps its characters fragile. Anyone can die, even someone as important as Laurie.

Passage of time is a bit silly though. Like I assume a long time goes by since Hershel wakes up and he starts walking (he does remark "I can't keep looking at the top of that bunk every day" or something along those lines). But for Andrea and Michonne, it's probably like a day or two. It's a bit irritating but nothing major.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I smiled all the way through when Lori was in pain and when she died.

Terrible character, should have died with the baby becoming a zombie and eating it's way out.

tumblr_m0h1pheRQJ1r4jorco1_250.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since we haven't really been able to discuss the last two episodes...

Episode 3:
Really thought it was the worst episode of the season. The Governor is painted as stupidly bad for no reason while also being painted as a good guy. Really terrible characterization. Like The Governor takes in Andrea, Michonne, and Merle, but he doesn't even extend the offer to the military guys? I mean they're highly trained, reliable, people with a lot of supplies. The notion that they may want to join the town is far from absurd. Instead he doesn't even offer and kill them if they refuse. He just shoots them. The heads in the jar thing was just bizarre and REALLY dumb. Again, it tries to paint him as stupidly evil for no reason. That he collects heads like some witch doctor or something and just kills people for fun. And the other half of his character is a pretty nice and impressive guy whose able to keep this town secure and running in the middle of the apocalypse. What.

Also Michonne is just annoying. I can understand that she's distrustful and suspicious but she just acts like a bitch when they get free food, clothes, a warm bed, all this nice shit AND is given the offer to leave whenever she wants. The only reason she stays is because of Andrea. And she constantly gives this fucking grumpy face. I really dislike her character and the sword stuff is still completely jarring in terms of suspension of disbelief.

Episode 4:
Admittedly a much stronger episode than the last with some really solid plot twists. I thought it was kinda nice that they brought the inmate Rick essentially pushed into a room of zombies. The deaths were rather surprising too. T-Dog, I had a feeling it would happen this season as his character went completely flat after season one, having no lines, no story arcs, and essentially only filling the role of "generic muscle". Still, his death was rather tragic and how he essentially said it was his final duty to protect Carol was kinda touching.

Laurie's thing was completely surprising but admittedly melodramatic. Like just an incredibly clusterfuck of coincidences. I was waiting for a cavalcade of other shit situations to pile on top. However her death was really surprising, I didn't think they'd kill her off this early and it's nice to see that the show still keeps its characters fragile. Anyone can die, even someone as important as Laurie.

Passage of time is a bit silly though. Like I assume a long time goes by since Hershel wakes up and he starts walking (he does remark "I can't keep looking at the top of that bunk every day" or something along those lines). But for Andrea and Michonne, it's probably like a day or two. It's a bit irritating but nothing major.

Err... Wow (Mainly ep 3)
The Governor didn't extend the offer because he knew they had the power to overthrow him, atleast that's the way I interpreted it. He still got the supplies and overall, less people to take care of. The heads in jar thing was absolutely retarded. I truly can't remember if you've read the comics or not but if you haven't, don't open this spoiler
Comic Governor was shown to be a hard-ass, mentally fucked 'thing'. He raped Michonne and chopped Rick's hand off. I honestly doubt the series will show anything to do with the rape (Or how he has walker against human games) and I guess the head in the jars was a way to compensate for this. If it was, they could've done something MUCH better.

Episode 4:
I hate to admit it but I've been hoping T-Dog would be killed soon, they just used him as a filler of the other black guy (Can't remember the name...Morgan and Dwayne, perhaps?) Again, comic spoiler
I'm pretty sure T-Dog was just to allow the story to progress 'til Morgan and Dwayne come back in, as shown in the comics.
Lori, being a comic fan and all, I knew it would happen (Sure a little different but I'm sure the other part will happen as well) and I'm happy, I honestly hate Lori, both in the comics and the series. She truly wasn't important to the story after the comings with Shane (No adult-related pun intended).

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
T-Dog finally starts becoming an interesting character and then he dies. :( I'm not sure if I care that Rick's wife died or not. I feel bad for him but not really for her. Also. Hershel walks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Oh God no :ohnoes: +1